What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are going backwards...in trouble

I'm not saying this just because of last nights result, but we are in serious trouble.

Our form is poor, has been for the last 3 or 4 weeks. We are missing the grunt of Weyman and Hunt and add Fien out of dummy half.

I think opposition teams have worked us out, and unfortunately we only have one gear and are pretty predictable in attack. Titans knew how to defend against us last night and our attack was completely ineffective as a result.

Bennett has to come up with some new quickly or else we are going the same way as last year. Other teams go up a couple of cogs in the finals and we just don't have another gear to counteract it.

We have been far from convincing lately I fear its a sign of things to come in the big games.....hope I'm proven wrong but I'm not seeing any signs we can go up another level :x

SerbDragon

Coach
After it was pointed out in another thread (and now I see what the author is getting at) I believe Wayne was experimenting last night, trying different tactics, combos etc.

I jumped the gun and claimed we had lost our team harmony, however in hindsight i believe the above to be more true.

No panic yet.The broncos always used to play this badly around this time of the season and we all know how many they've won.

In Wayne we trust

watatank

Coach
What makes you think we don't have another gear? It's not really a worry yet. If we keep teams to two tries or less we're always going to be in a position to win matches.

I hope your right....I just see a lot of similarities from last year and am very concerned about our predictability in attack and how ineffective it may become in the big games

Big Red v Man

Juniors
The conditions on the night were not good for "fancy" or pushing crazy passes.

I tend to think St Bennett was using the game as at trial for the final series??

I would be happy if the Dragons finished either top 2, top 4 and win the big GF:crazy::crazy:

TheRev

First Grade
the only way to get some momentum into finals is to lose some form first! we have ages still to regain some form before finals.

These close games are actually better practice than smashing teams too, though id rather win em obviously, and Coopers try was a try.. that 1 decision did cost us the win, however bad calls are part of the game, cant always depend on them being right.

j0nesy

Bench
The boys were a little flat last night an the coast were pumped for that game. This is nothing like last season. We were on fire this time last year and ran out of puff right at the end. It looks to me that Bennett is rotating the troops and taking it a little easy in preparation for the run home. I hate losing but I'm not too worried.

murraymob

Coach
if going backwards means being in first place us panthers will swap with you

.you lost by 1 point on a wet night hardly going bad

Bring back choc

Juniors
Well, there's no doubt most media outlets are giving it to us now. The "De ja Vu" headlines are starting to come out. The "Chokers" tag is starting to surface. There's only one way to stop it. And thats Win.
It all comes down to our performances. In saying that i think there are a few little concerns with our go forward. Our forwards are nowhere near they need to be and thats having an impact on our attack.
I do believe with SMITH, COSTIGAN AND PRIOR on the bench, rather than starting, this will give our pack balance and obviously more go forward. I would love another prop in our ranks, but we don't have one. Perhaps Saffy is the answer. I dunno, but in a few weeks we'll be back in top form.

Have faith.

morris_magic

Juniors
nah mate its alright, the souths game was abit worrying but yesterday we should have won that match, laffranchi's try was huge fluke and it should have been a try for cooper but our forwards are starting to look slow. cant wait weyman and fiens return

Gaba

First Grade
Number of trys what teams have scored against the dragons in the last 8 games
,raiders 4 trys ,eels 0 trys,warriors 3 trys,sharks 1 try,tigers 2 trys, , panthers 2 trys, souths 2 trys, titans 2 trys.

The dragons arent going that badly, i dont think any team has scored more then 4 trys against the dragons

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I too am worried. The guys look tired out there and all teams that play us step up coz we're on top of the table. There is no such thing as an easy game for us.

And at the risk of being unpopular Gaz is no way worth getting rid of Costigan and Smith for that matter.

I see no point in paying a centre so much cash. The big bucks should be for the playmakers such as a half back, five eighth, fullback and dummy half.

And Priddis. FFS wake up you merkin!!! I was a fan of his halfway through the season but now he sh*ts me.

Gaba

First Grade
the reason people would be worried if they listen to the media about the attack.

when its clear as daylight other teams will need to improve their attack in the finals if they are going to be a threat the dragons in defence.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
the reason people would be worried if they listen to the media about the attack.

when its clear as daylight other teams will need to improve their attack in the finals if they are going to be a threat the dragons in defence.

Nah, the reason people would be worried is if they watched our last 3 performances.

Sure teams need to step up but so do we.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I too am worried. The guys look tired out there and all teams that play us step up coz we're on top of the table. There is no such thing as an easy game for us.

And at the risk of being unpopular Gaz is no way worth getting rid of Costigan and Smith for that matter.

I see no point in paying a centre so much cash. The big bucks should be for the playmakers such as a half back, five eighth, fullback and dummy half.

And Priddis. FFS wake up you merkin!!! I was a fan of his halfway through the season but now he sh*ts me.

Good post mate!

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Steady as she goes lads a bit of a form slump is all it is. The Dragons will have Weyman and Fien both back in the next 2 weeks....There will be a big improvment just around the corner.

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Other teams are more desperate and simply aiming up and beating us, we can match with the best but cant seem to find that extra gear when required. Players that demand huge contracts need to justify what their worth and display their trade and skills when it mostly counts. Players like Kyle Stanley has shown he's capable and is not on huge dollars. As for Priddis he should be happy with a villies pie and a cold can of pepsi after each game, he's over it and its getting hard to watch at times.

Latest posts