What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we are NOT the Real Deal!!

ozbuck

Juniors
Definitely not .....

But the coach is a protected specie now.

"I can't fault their effort" he said after the game.

I wonder what Bennett or Bellamy would have said if they were in his position tonight.

Same soft standards and attitudes are continuing but everyone wants to think it's just "the players"

The board needs to resign en masse for keeping Mary on for 7 years. It will probably take just as long to undo that work.

And I don't feel sorry for Brett.

Straight Shooter

Illusion

Bench

I wonder what Bennett or Bellamy would have said if they were in his position tonight.

Same soft standards and attitudes are continuing but everyone wants to think it's just "the players"
Mate im not happy with today and if you read over my posts last few day's .... I knew we weren't going to win this game ..... Mary had 7 years , Hook 7 games ..... Lets give him at least to the end of the year before we torch him .... Time will tell ..... Lets hope they improve if not then move Hook on as well .....

Das Hassler

Bench
After today I've certainly started to lose patience with Dufty. The situation in this came calls for your full back to go searching for the football and unfortunately he didn't do that. I counted maybe two or three touches in attack midway through sets

Tigers supporter ....i was just waiting for Dufty to rip us open but he was just totally uninspired out there and never looked likely..young Laurie totally out duftyied him.

Illusion

Bench

Well if that's what he did say , then he is F**ked as well ..... Because I would not have been happy with what they dished up the last couple of weeks .....

Illusion

Bench

Well if that's what he did say , then he is F**ked as well ..... Because I would not have been happy with what they dished up the last couple of weeks

Gareth67

First Grade

Undoubtedly both Mr. B’s would be hitting the roof .

That is the difference between teams that do have the ability to produce the required on field performances and those that seem to just go out and expect the performance to simply happen because they have taken the field .

I realize that you are using Souths and Melbourne as examples , however both squads are stacked with individuals who are able to turn the game on its head at any moment . The Dragons simply do not have those players , therefore only teamwork will get them over the line and nothing else .

The coach can only do so much , but once they don their jerseys and get onto the park , then it’s all up to the players . They are not teenagers playing more experienced rivals , most of the squad have been playing top grade NRL for many a season , with the core of today’s team together for quite a few seasons .

Their attitude stinks , they make the most basic mistakes that neither Bennett nor Bellamy would accept ,at those clubs they would be keelhauled for this and then thrown back into the C.Cup for a few weeks .

Time for the players to stand tall and take full responsibility for their dispirited efforts .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'd like to ask all, what is meant by the "REAL deal"?

Is it:
1. Winning the comp?
2. Making the top 4?
3. Making the top 8?
4. Winning more games than we lose?

If it is:
1. Unlikely, so we are not the real deal
2. Appears unlikely, so we are not the real deal
3. We are currently 6th, in theory we are the real deal
4. Currently we are 4 and 4, so we are neither the real deal or not the real deal.

Our roster is shite, not because of who we signed, it's more who we are (a) carrying on our books ie: McInnes, JDB and Brittain, and (B) injuries which have basically reduced our available squad down to it's base level, any further and we are into part-timers and juniors and getting approval for them to play (if that's even possible). Compare this to the Roosters, who can just about rely on any player to be a first grade ready replacement, we have just reserve graders.

A roster overhaul is required as the same players run around basically every week, doing exactly the same thing. Some days they surprise, but mostly they are playing only to their own capabilities, which unfortunately for some, fall short of NRL standard.

Are we the real deal? at 1/3 of the way through the season it's difficult not to say no we aren't.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If the players are coasting that's the fault of the coach.

People blamed the players for coasting and not giving their all last couple of years --- the blame and responsibility was put on Mary.

Let's see if those same people who pointed blame at the coach will do it again this year. ....or maybe they'll move the goalposts and just blame the players only.
The reason the people put the blame on the coach was it was the same ol same ol year after year

Wittenberg

Juniors
Tigers supporter ....i was just waiting for Dufty to rip us open but he was just totally uninspired out there and never looked likely..young Laurie totally out duftyied him.
Glad to know it was only Dufty’s fault again…phew I thought a number of our players were uninspiring. Pleased the loss can be put down to the Duff.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Glad to know it was only Dufty’s fault again…phew I thought a number of our players were uninspiring. Pleased the loss can be put down to the Duff.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If the players are coasting that's the fault of the coach.

People blamed the players for coasting and not giving their all last couple of years --- the blame and responsibility was put on Mary.

Let's see if those same people who pointed blame at the coach will do it again this year. ....or maybe they'll move the goalposts and just blame the players only.
The reason the people put the blame on the coach was it was the same ol same ol year after year for 7 years

redv13

Bench
I'd like to ask all, what is meant by the "REAL deal"?

Is it:
1. Winning the comp?
2. Making the top 4?
3. Making the top 8?
4. Winning more games than we lose?

If it is:
1. Unlikely, so we are not the real deal
2. Appears unlikely, so we are not the real deal
3. We are currently 6th, in theory we are the real deal
4. Currently we are 4 and 4, so we are neither the real deal or not the real deal.

Our roster is shite, not because of who we signed, it's more who we are (a) carrying on our books ie: McInnes, JDB and Brittain, and (B) injuries which have basically reduced our available squad down to it's base level, any further and we are into part-timers and juniors and getting approval for them to play (if that's even possible). Compare this to the Roosters, who can just about rely on any player to be a first grade ready replacement, we have just reserve graders.

A roster overhaul is required as the same players run around basically every week, doing exactly the same thing. Some days they surprise, but mostly they are playing only to their own capabilities, which unfortunately for some, fall short of NRL standard.

Are we the real deal? at 1/3 of the way through the season it's difficult not to say no we aren't.
Today was very disappointing no doubt, a slight kick in the balls you could say, definite opportunity lost to kick away from the pack.
2 months ago before round 1 there is no way we would have thought we’d be 4-4 and 6th on the ladder but most on here are carrying on like were bottom 4 like 2019/2020. FFS people get a grip. Today we had injuries to 2 outside backs, 2nd rowers playing centre, bench rotation slaughtered due to injury etc, and spent the whole 2nd half fatigued by busting their asses to stay in the game yet people want to put the boot in. Let’s be realistic, the last 2 seasons have been dog shit but the boys dug deep all 2nd half and could have easily thrown the towel in and lost by 30. Disappointing yes but f**k me there’s plenty of sides under us with less points and much worse for and against.

Plenty were tipping us to get the spoon but 1/3 of the way through the comp and we’re going a hell of a lot better than most expected. We need to support Hook and the boys not shred them like previous seasons. Take the good with the bad, we’ll bounce back. Bring on the grubs next Sunday!

blacksafake

First Grade
Today was very disappointing no doubt, a slight kick in the balls you could say, definite opportunity lost to kick away from the pack.
2 months ago before round 1 there is no way we would have thought we’d be 4-4 and 6th on the ladder but most on here are carrying on like were bottom 4 like 2019/2020. FFS people get a grip. Today we had injuries to 2 outside backs, 2nd rowers playing centre, bench rotation slaughtered due to injury etc, and spent the whole 2nd half fatigued by busting their asses to stay in the game yet people want to put the boot in. Let’s be realistic, the last 2 seasons have been dog shit but the boys dug deep all 2nd half and could have easily thrown the towel in and lost by 30. Disappointing yes but f**k me there’s plenty of sides under us with less points and much worse for and against.

Plenty were tipping us to get the spoon but 1/3 of the way through the comp and we’re going a hell of a lot better than most expected. We need to support Hook and the boys not shred them like previous seasons. Take the good with the bad, we’ll bounce back. Bring on the grubs next Sunday!
Good post

I dont know why our coaches never see it, but Norman is useless and has had his chances.Either put Bird at 5/8 or give someone else a go. I was at Kogarah for his crap performance against the Warriors, and watched a repeat today at WIN.Why is he a protected species? Why was Clune shafted when it should have been Norman.His kicking performance is appaling-straight to the opposition with no pressure, and his running and un-inspiring. The longer he stays there the worse we get.Its been too many seasons already with this loser yet somehow he gets getting picked. If he plays the same next week at Kogarah I wont be holding back.Im sick of his overpaid incompetance

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree Dragosupporter
I dont know why our coaches never see it, but Norman is useless and has had his chances.Either put Bird at 5/8 or give someone else a go. I was at Kogarah for his crap performance against the Warriors, and watched a repeat today at WIN.Why is he a protected species? Why was Clune shafted when it should have been Norman.His kicking performance is appaling-straight to the opposition with no pressure, and his running and un-inspiring. The longer he stays there the worse we get.Its been too many seasons already with this loser yet somehow he gets getting picked. If he plays the same next week at Kogarah I wont be holding back.Im sick of his overpaid incompetance

Agree Dragonsupporter , he has had more than enough opportunities to show his worth , but I suppose in saying that he has done exactly that - his worth to the team is zilch, nothing .

He is a most uninspiring player in one of the most important positions in a rugby league team and now it’s up to Griffin to do what he said at the beginning of the season -
“ nobody is safe “ , over to you Hook .

As you say time to haul the bloke out and bring in someone else . Unfortunately Sullivan is still injured , so bring in Clune for the time being .

redv13

Bench
Agree Dragosupporter

Agree Dragonsupporter , he has had more than enough opportunities to show his worth , but I suppose in saying that he has done exactly that - his worth to the team is zilch, nothing .

He is a most uninspiring player in one of the most important positions in a rugby league team and now it’s up to Griffin to do what he said at the beginning of the season -
“ nobody is safe “ , over to you Hook .

As you say time to haul the bloke out and bring in someone else . Unfortunately Sullivan is still injured , so bring in Clune for the time being .
Hate to say it but who goal kicks if Norman isn’t there?? Pretty ordinary I know to base his selection on that but we honestly have zero options. Hunt possibly but not with his leg but I can’t think of anyone else

_Johnsy

Referee
I can't believe those people who jumped on the "real deal" bandwagon a few weeks ago.

We are so far off being a top 4 team it's not funny. We'll be lucky to even make the 8 this year.

Absolute pretenders. All bark but no bite.

Keep buying into the illusion
I'm not sure how many people really thought we were anything other than an outside chance of sneaking into 8th spot (at absolute best). I always thought we are realistically a 12-14th spot side.

Latest posts