What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are playing our TRUE enemy this weekend...

Aries

Bench
Ask any "OLDIE" who their most hated team is, and they will ALL tell you MANLY... 73 & 78 GF's for staters!

The fact they still exist sickens me. I hate them with a passion. I hate the ppl that ran their club in the 70's and 80's and I hate everything they stood for then. I will NEVER EVER FORGET those years and the rampant abuse of the code of Rugby League, just because they had money at the time...

I hope we humiliate them on the weekend and look forward to the day they go belly -up!!

Carn you Sharkies!!

They are a disgrace, yes

And they were the only club low enough to sign that sick, demented pervert John Hopoate after the league world outcast him for fingering men's bottoms on the playing field.

Despicable.

t-ba

Post Whore
Well, I'm sure a move to Premier League is Possible for the Sharks :lol: .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This means I only go for one team this weekend.
The Sharks and the side playing Manly are one.

Aries

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
All those super traitor dollars and nothing to show for it :lol: .

Still hung up on "ANDO" I see... Both your sig and your avarta have references to him... Do you want him? Or are you still living in the past. Cause one things for sure, WE DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE NUFFY!!

All those North Sydney Dollars, and a DOUBLE salary cap that all other teams except Stain George and the Tigers recieved, who were double dipping also... Heaps of EXTRA supporters on the Central coast, who don't want a bar of Manly anyway...

I wouldn't be so smug these days mate. Your once "silver tail" tag is now a fallacy... you are now paupers and clinging on with your fingernails. And long gone is Manly's control over the NSWRL and the ARL ;-)

Sharkie73

Bench
Aries wrote
Still hung up on "ANDO" I see... Both your sig and your avarta have references to him... Do you want him? Or are you still living in the past. Cause one things for sure, WE DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE NUFFY!!

All those North Sydney Dollars, and a DOUBLE salary cap to all other teams except Stain George, who were double dipping also... Heaps of EXTRA supporters on the Central coast, who don't want a bar of Manly anyway...

I wouldn't be so smug these days mate. Your once "silver tail" tag is now a fallacy... you are now paupers and clinging on with your fingernails. And long gone is Manly's control over the NSWRL and the ARL

Good Call :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to admit to a certain loathing of the old enemy, but I wouldn't want them kicked out. Its important to have teams to hate. No way can I raise the same passion when playing Melbourne or Nth Queensland as opposed to Manly or the Dragins.

t-ba

Post Whore
Aries said:

Ando is A great Coach. A club with some balls and not entrenched in idiocy would have had their premiership. Instead, he ended up in Australia's equivalent of the Deep South.

All those North Sydney Dollars, and a DOUBLE salary cap to all other teams except Stain George, who were double dipping also... Heaps of EXTRA supporters on the Central coast, who don't want a bar of Manly anyway...

What double Salary Cap? In case you don't remember, The Northern Eagles Never got the Benefit of an increased salary cap, because the clubs were to chicken sh*t to rubber stamp it after they saw the Wiggers roster and the New St-George Humbled you :lol: .

I wouldn't be so smug these days mate. Your once "silver tail" tag is now a fallacy... you are now paupers and clinging on with your fingernails. And long gone is Manly's control over the NSWRL and the ARL ;-)

So what? I accept the reality that my club is hanging on the edge (And If they go the way of the Dinosaur, I'll still support my game. How many of you can honestly that?). Maybe its time Sharks fans accepted the fact that it aint all roses down on the Bayou...[/url]

Foz

Bench
As far as enemies are concerned Manly have nothing in comparison to the Queens.
If the queens were playing Manly who would you back? (cant say a draw). :lol: :lol:

Aries

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
Aries said:

Ando is A great Coach. A club with some balls and not entrenched in idiocy would have had their premiership. Instead, he ended up in Australia's equivalent of the Deep South.

What double Salary Cap? In case you don't remember, The Northern Eagles Never got the Benefit of an increased salary cap, because the clubs were to chicken sh*t to rubber stamp it after they saw the Wiggers roster and the New St-George Humbled you :lol: .

So what? I accept the reality that my club is hanging on the edge (And If they go the way of the Dinosaur, I'll still support my game. How many of you can honestly that?). Maybe its time Sharks fans accepted the fact that it aint all roses down on the Bayou...[/url]

t-ba the hutt said:

Are you mentaly geniused or didn't you watch what he did to our great club, in 2 short years... and he wanted another 3!!!... ppppfffffftttttttt!!
It will take us years to get back to where we were, and I mean in all facets of the game, like club harmony for starters....

t-ba the hutt said:

My bad. I forgot momontarily that you "supposedly" offered a last minute life line to Norths. BUT, you have to ask WHY did they do that? If they were so well off and in such a good position, then tell me please, why did the amalgamate with Norths?

t-ba the hutt said:
So what? I accept the reality that my club is hanging on the edge (And If they go the way of the Dinosaur, I'll still support my game. How many of you can honestly that?). Maybe its time Sharks fans accepted the fact that it aint all roses down on the Bayou...

Never ever said it was all roses down here. Just pointed out how far the once mighty have fallen, is all... ;-)

Yep both Bulldogs and Manly I love to hate. I've never forgotten 1978, and Hartley gate. The mere though of Peter Peter's and Hartley makes me want to throw up.
It's good that a few of the old Manly players of the 70's are getting involved with the club again. The old hatred starts to boil to the surface again.

Jeez, I loved the look on Bozo Fulton's face when Manly lost to Newcastle in 1997.

Foz said:
As far as enemies are concerned Manly have nothing in comparison to the Queens.
If the queens were playing Manly who would you back? (cant say a draw). :lol: :lol:

Believe it or not I hoped that the Dragons would win the 1996 Grand Final.
My hatred of Manly runs much deeper than that of the Dragons.

The funny thing is I've found that some Manly fans are pretty reasonable people, with notable exceptions of course. Dragons fans on the other hand are all bloody hopeless.

t-ba

Post Whore
Aries said:
Are you mentaly geniused or didn't you watch what he did to our great club, in 2 short years... and he wanted another 3!!!... ppppfffffftttttttt!!
It will take us years to get back to where we were, and I mean in all facets of the game, like club harmony for starters....

Look at the Job he did with Scumberry-Thugstown in 1995. Look at the job he did with the storm, an entirely new entity, in less than 2 yeara.

My bad. I forgot momontarily that you "supposedly" offered a last minute life line to Norths. BUT, you have to ask WHY did they do that? If they were so well off and in such a good position, then tell me please, why did the amalgamate with Norths?

Ruthless opportunism, which was rather shameless. Manly was strong enough financially to continue on alone, but decided to try and double dip by taking over the Bears. The Administrator cheated the Bears by accepting such a loaded deal (A deal I daresay Arko never dreamed would be accepted) instead of giving the club their day in court, with a case more convincing than Souths. I was not pleased with that whole debacle.

Never ever said it was all roses down here. Just pointed out how far the once mighty have fallen, is all... ;-)

Sh*t happens I suppose. I'll support them until the day they or I die.

Latest posts