What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are playing our TRUE enemy this weekend...

Wobbygong

First Grade
You have to admit the eagles fans do have a sense of humour, I just saw this on their official site:

"Mate I used to hate the Roosters and Dragons, but now the Shirescum are public enemy number 1.

Their club is a disgrace after 37 years and they've won squat.

I heard there's a new Cronulla Helpline:

1800 10 10 10, that number again 1800 won nothing won nothing won nothing!

Give it to them Eagles."

t-ba

Post Whore
What about the Scrum penalty in the 71st minute that set up the Equalising try? Pretty Dubious call but doesn't appear to get much mention in these parts :lol: .

Objective One

Juniors
You know why I love to hate Manly: the odious, nepotistic leadership of the game/club that caused the Super League war and created such a soft runway into rep footie for Manly players for such a long time. Much of the game's current parlous state can be traced back to this.

Foz

Bench
Rogers was kicking that day (first grand final) He missed a field goal about 25m out not far off centre in the last minute.
I was on the hill and thought it was good.
The replay showed it missed though.
So close.
For the record Rogers didnt mark Gartner in the replay. (I wagged school too).
Cronulla had to make 7 changes to their side as the game was played on a Tuesday. They had to play it because the Kangaroos were leaving later in that week.
Add to that Greg Pierce and Dane Sorenson were suspended. John Gray was suspended for Manly.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Wobbygong said:
You have to admit the eagles fans do have a sense of humour, I just saw this on their official site:

"Mate I used to hate the Roosters and Dragons, but now the Shirescum are public enemy number 1.

Their club is a disgrace after 37 years and they've won squat.

I heard there's a new Cronulla Helpline:

1800 10 10 10, that number again 1800 won nothing won nothing won nothing!

Give it to them Eagles."

funny coz it is true!

John said:
The sight of Russell Gartner running rings around Steve Rogers was not a fault of the ref!!!

It was an effing forward pass. I was there, I wagged school too. I've waited 28 long years for revenge. I hate Manly, and always will. I want to play the Sea Eagles in another GF, and beat your sorry asses, like we should have done in 1978.

Manly may have been courageous in 1978, but they were also extroadinarily fortunate. Quite frankly the icompetence of Hartley sour's Manly win. Wests and Parramatta both made complaints about him at the time. Norm Provan quit coaching because of the situation.

John, you can believe whatever you want in your wet dreams of Manly in 1978, but this 16 year old Sharks fan will always remember how his heart was broken by a incompetent jerk named Greg Hartley.

t-ba the hutt said:
What about the Scrum penalty in the 71st minute that set up the Equalising try? Pretty Dubious call but doesn't appear to get much mention in these parts :lol: .

Mate, if you're talking about the '78 GF, Cronulla scored the first try just after half-time, unless you're talking about Manly's equalising try, in which case I agree with you.

The Popper

Bench
Objective One said:
You know why I love to hate Manly: the odious, nepotistic leadership of the game/club that caused the Super League war and created such a soft runway into rep footie for Manly players for such a long time. Much of the game's current parlous state can be traced back to this.

Yep!

The Popper

Bench
Yep, Mac. I was there. It happened right in front of me.
As for the replay. There shouldn't have been one, but Hartley made sure there was. Sure, Manly played on painkillers in the replay, but we had 1/2 our team out, including 2 internationals - Captain Greg Pierce and Dane Sorenson - for both the GF and the replay. But talking about the replay is all bullshyt because there shouldn't have even been one.

imasharkie

Coach
And Popper we were without John McMartin because he was basically bashed in the grand final and was unable to play the replay.

Foz

Bench
I remember McMartin saying if the game went to extra time no problem..
3 days later a lot of the boys couldnt walk.
Forget the needles that was the story.
Manly got the breaks that needles could prop them up.
We had no chance.
Funny but extra time rules were changed after this match.
Common sense.

Macca

Coach
I don't mind Manly, they can't win at Shark park. :lol: I guess we won't be seeing any more posts from these clowns now. :D

imasharkie

Coach
Yep McSharkie where is that idiot Mayor Quimby.the mouth who said he'd be here to give it to us after Manly were gonna wipe our arses

t-ba

Post Whore
Bastard_Squad said:
t-ba the hutt said:

Mate, if you're talking about the '78 GF, Cronulla scored the first try just after half-time, unless you're talking about Manly's equalising try, in which case I agree with you.

Sorry, Sludge got the Equalizing goal off of it :oops: .

Aries

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
Bastard_Squad said:
t-ba the hutt said:

Sorry, Sludge got the Equalizing goal off of it :oops: .

Nice avarta mate :p :p

Latest posts