What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are playing our TRUE enemy this weekend...

carinashark

First Grade
Manly is the true enemy and for me will always be since 1978. I have not yet gotten over it! Looking at their side, it looks strong with experienced forwards, I dont think it will be that one sided.
Carinashark

fish

Juniors
dont get it . Are you having a go at me?

Not you in particular,anyone in this thread that thinks it applies to them.I was thou answering your post about not having the balls to come back after Sat night.As I said it should be a great game but some here take it to far and when they get some back they don't like it.I am all for sticking by your team but that does not mean degrading other teams to do it.What's in the past is in the past.

carcharias

Immortal
Not you in particular,anyone in this thread that thinks it applies to them.I was thou answering your post about not having the balls to come back after Sat night.As I said it should be a great game but some here take it to far and when they get some back they don't like it.I am all for sticking by your team but that does not mean degrading other teams to do it.What's in the past is in the past.
Fair enough , but this thread was originally started "I presume" from some of the "OLDIES" ( re: Aries ) who where around for the two GF'S against Manly. It was as I suspect a bit of history regarding the "REAL enemy" sugesting Manly instead of the Dragons.

The attempted highjacking from a couple of Manly fans was dealt with in the only acceptable manner as far as I'm concerned....and that is to insult them personally. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of you really need to get out as there is more to life than 4 walls and a keypad.Here is a tip if you don't have a partner take the job in hand as it really eases tension.
Well your F****** in here. Scoop! 128 times to be precise.

Come Saturday arvo I will be there all fizzed up giving Manly almost as much as I'd give the dragons.

f**k em all!!!

fish

Juniors
I am here and thanks for noticing my huge post count.I find the forums very interesting and mostly great entertainment.....What I was saying if you didn't get my jist is that there is more to life than forums and some on here act as if it is the be all and end all.

I am jealous thou that you will be able to be fizzed up at the game,I will have to settle for being fizzed in my lounge room......Have fun.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
carcharias said:
Didn't the Vision Originally Involve your Mob Merging with St George and Illawarra
Here's a vision I see, Monday morning you ya angry little mate Quimby and the rest of you Manly trolls licking their wounds without the balls to come back in here to admit defeat .

lol, i'm not scared of you turkey's.

i doubt you will say how we were right when we wipe the floor with your winless wonders!

t-ba

Post Whore
carcharias said:
Didn't the Vision Originally Involve your Mob Merging with St George and Illawarra
Here's a vision I see, Monday morning you ya angry little mate Quimby and the rest of you Manly trolls licking their wounds without the balls to come back in here to admit defeat .

Oh come on. As if we are going to turn up and admit defeat...

The SMH published that article in 1994, weren't the teams?

Sydney (Balmain, Easts, Souths)
Southern (Cronulla, St George, Illawarra)
Northern (Norths, Manly)
South West (Canterbury, Wests)
Western (Parra, Penrith)
Adelaide
Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Newcastle
Canberra
Nth Qld.

Would you have been happy supporting a team in which you were merged with St Geo? It's a cronulla Related Question SS...

TRIALS

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
carcharias said:

Northern (Norths, Manly)
Western (Parra, Penrith)
Adelaide
Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Newcastle
Canberra
Nth Qld.

Would you have been happy supporting a team in which you were merged with St Geo? It's a cronulla Related Question SS...

...who gives a frogs fat arse? ...it didn't happen and as far as i'm concerned were playing the northern eagles this weekend

Objective One

Juniors
My happiest moment in the depths of despair after the 73 GF loss to The Great Manipulators was the front page Sunday papers photo of Peter Peters with his face screwed up in pain as he was tackled front on by a Sharkies forward (I think it was Ken Maddison) whose right knee just happened to have risen up to come into contact with a particularly delicate part of Peters' anatomy. We had Peters' brother Tony as a high school teacher (be interesting to see if some of you on here can identify my high school from that) and without any prior planning about 30 copies of that picture got brought in and stuck up around the walls of our Geography class for the Monday morning. It was the only thing we could laugh about. Hope our boys can deliver the analogy of that photo to The Great Manipulators this weekend.

groggo

Juniors
Aries said:
Ask any "OLDIE" who their most hated team is, and they will ALL tell you MANLY... 73 & 78 GF's for staters!

The fact they still exist sickens me. I hate them with a passion. I hate the ppl that ran their club in the 70's and 80's and I hate everything they stood for then. I will NEVER EVER FORGET those years and the rampant abuse of the code of Rugby League, just because they had money at the time...

I hope we humiliate them on the weekend and look forward to the day they go belly -up!!

Carn you Sharkies!!

hey aries its good to see ya havent lost ya sense of humour dood .You coming over to say hello at the game ????

Aries

Bench
groggo said:
Aries said:
Ask any "OLDIE" who their most hated team is, and they will ALL tell you MANLY... 73 & 78 GF's for staters!

The fact they still exist sickens me. I hate them with a passion. I hate the ppl that ran their club in the 70's and 80's and I hate everything they stood for then. I will NEVER EVER FORGET those years and the rampant abuse of the code of Rugby League, just because they had money at the time...

I hope we humiliate them on the weekend and look forward to the day they go belly -up!!

Carn you Sharkies!!

hey aries its good to see ya havent lost ya sense of humour dood .You coming over to say hello at the game ????

Hi groggo
My daughter is coming up for the weekend, so I'll be watching your team get a whooping from the comfort of my lounge chair mate. ;-)

Unlike Stain George, I have nothing against the Manly fans, i like most of you, I still have a scar from 78 as you can see... :lol: :lol:

Say hi to sharkette for me anyway. At least she will be going home happy!! :D

groggo

Juniors
Aries said:
groggo said:
Aries said:

Carn you Sharkies!!

Hi groggo
My daughter is coming up for the weekend, so I'll be watching your team get a whooping from the comfort of my lounge chair mate. ;-)

Unlike Stain George, I have nothing against the Manly fans, i like most of you, I still have a scare from 78 as you can see... :lol: :lol:

Say hi to sharkette for me anyway. At least she will be going home happy!! :D

8) no worries aries will do

The Popper

Bench
Aries said:
I have nothing against the Manly fans, i like most of you,
:D

Gotta agree with that. Apart from occasional arrogance I've never found them obnoxious. My missus reckons Manly fans are of the better behaved variety of League fans, just like the Sharkies. Hope it stays that way.

HATE THE TEAM! LIKE THE FANS!

Objective One

Juniors
Dwaiiiiinnnnnnn Bruce. Yes indeedy do. However, CS I am giving you 9 years so we did not overlap as I did the HSC in 1975. But those boys were around teaching when I was a student so they must have been there 15 years or more!!! Hence my acute and painful recollections of both 73 and 78. The night of the 73 loss was spent done at the Taren Point youth centre at a Sherbet concert where we attempted highly unsuccessfully to comfort disappointed 16 year old girls who told us to get lost just like any other week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

coolumsharkie

Referee
:lol: :lol:

Yeah I got a cracker of a story about DWAAIIIIIIIN.....we never got along AT ALL,in fact he was the reason of my early departure from school all together!

Then when I was about 25 I left a nightclub full to the brim on JD jumped into a cab and who would be the cab driver.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Needless to say I got my own back along the mad mile (the stretch of empty road between loftus and Engadine)

"Remember when you used to SHOUT LIKE THIS AT ME DWAIN??!!!"
"lots of people buried out this way DWAIN!!" :lol:

Yeah he sh!t himself :lol:

I paid my cab fair though :D

Aries

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
carcharias said:

Northern (Norths, Manly)
Western (Parra, Penrith)
Adelaide
Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Newcastle
Canberra
Nth Qld.

Sorry to answer this late, but that was some journo's view of what the make up SHOULD look like...

That was never going to happen. When the actual mergers were professed (in 97-8 ), the Stain came to US about a merger... ppffttt!! No way in hell will we join with them. They have proved since the Manly debacle I described, they are a bunch of C U N T S. The management and the Supporters are all the same...

However, If Manly hadn't payed off Hartley(or the ARL instructed him to rule so, and Artherson was in charge I'll remind you) then we wouldn't be putting up with other clubs and their "37 years and won f**k all" banters...

Think about that!!

For all those that doubt Cronulla was robbed blind in 78, try to get a copy of the game and watch without the "maroon and white" glasses on...