What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are playing our TRUE enemy this weekend...

Macca

Coach
I know for a fact that Hartley didn't penalise Manly on purpose in the dying stages. There was a blatant scrum penalty right in front of the posts, he ignored it. He was later heard saying to Sludge, you wouldn't wanna win your first GF from a scrum penalty would you? How bad is that!? We don't have one on the scoreboard but we all know the truth!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Saturday night special at the leagues club at Manly

juv_wshark.jpg

All the flake you can eat!!!

Aries

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Saturday night special at the leagues club at Manly

juv_wshark.jpg

All the flake you can eat!!!

Flake is actually the produce of the "Gummy shark"...

It's about 2-4 ft long and is now in danger of becoming extint due to over fishing...

At least get you facts straight and stick up the correct picture when you state something "daddy cool" :p

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
gummy shark... Sounds a like like your team. :p

Enjoy the game guys. Hopefully you won't be around some of your more f#ckwit fans from the other thread.

Aries

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
gummy shark... Sounds a like like your team. :p

Enjoy the game guys. Hopefully you won't be around some of your more f#ckwit fans from the other thread.

Oh, I forgot to mention, that looks like Hopa... tell him to pull his hand out of the Sharks arse!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luck Manly, may it all be bad...

MEE

Juniors
McSharkie said:
I know for a fact that Hartley didn't penalise Manly on purpose in the dying stages. There was a blatant scrum penalty right in front of the posts, he ignored it. He was later heard saying to Sludge, you wouldn't wanna win your first GF from a scrum penalty would you? How bad is that!? We don't have one on the scoreboard but we all know the truth!
Thats clutching at straws isn't it?

Briza

Juniors
HAHAHAHA - whinging about a G/F loss to MANLY how many years ago????

Get a f**king life tossers!

37 miserable years with nothing to show!!!

Aries

Bench
Briza said:
HAHAHAHA - whinging about a G/F loss to MANLY how many years ago????

Get a f**king life tossers!

37 miserable years with nothing to show!!!

"37 miserable years with nothing to show!!!"... because Manly Cheated us of one in 78 :p

CC_Eagle

First Grade
You guys aren't poms are you? By the sounds of it wouldnt surprise me if some of you were! You are whinging like a bunch of old women over a game that was over twenty years ago! YOU LOST!!! Get used to those two words as Sharkies fans will get to know them a little better come Saturday night :lol: Serious note : Good luck to your side, let's hope we can end our "havent won at shark park since 86" record if not then there's always next time. May the better team win! :mrgreen:

Macca

Coach
ShireShark said:
I know for a fact that Hartley didn't penalise Manly on purpose in the dying stages. There was a blatant scrum penalty right in front of the posts, he ignored it

how do you know that?

I have a rock solid source.

The Popper

Bench
McSharkie said:
ShireShark said:
I know for a fact that Hartley didn't penalise Manly on purpose in the dying stages. There was a blatant scrum penalty right in front of the posts, he ignored it

how do you know that?

Yep! About 3 minutes to go. Right in front of the Manly posts about 20 metres out. Scores locked at 11-all. Scrum sets down. Steve Martin feeds the ball in the 2nd. Row (illegal in those days). Hartley rules `Play on'. Sludge queries it.
Found out later that Sludge's query met with the reply `You wouldn't want to win a Grand Final with a penalty would you?'.
Yep, would have been easy meat for Panda. Right in front. Cronulla win the GF 13-11.
And this was right on the back of Hartley pushing Manly through Parramatta in the semi-final with a try on the 7th. tackle.
Yep, lots of accusations of Hartley being in Arthurson's pocket that year. Pity was that the Sharks were the main victims.

Macca

Coach
The Popper said:
McSharkie said:
ShireShark said:

how do you know that?

Yep! About 3 minutes to go. Right in front of the Manly posts about 20 metres out. Scores locked at 11-all. Scrum sets down. Steve Martin feeds the ball in the 2nd. Row (illegal in those days). Hartley rules `Play on'. Sludge queries it.
Found out later that Sludge's query met with the reply `You wouldn't want to win a Grand Final with a penalty would you?'.
Yep, would have been easy meat for Panda. Right in front. Cronulla win the GF 13-11.
And this was right on the back of Hartley pushing Manly through Parramatta in the semi-final with a try on the 7th. tackle.
Yep, lots of accusations of Hartley being in Arthurson's pocket that year. Pity was that the Sharks were the main victims.

Ha ha. Good on you Popper, that's the exact same story I heard, almost word for word.

John

Juniors
Mate - you Sharks people are on the WRONG track. I saw every Manly game in thew 1978 finals series (incl the Parra game on the Wednesday)
and Manly were the better team (except when you Sharks beat us in game 1 of course ). You had the chance to beat us in the GF replay on the Tuesday (yes, I wagged school to see it ) with most of the Eagles side on pain killers and just about dead but we crapped all over you 16-0 . After Mooney scored the try to get us back in the game in GF 1 there were heaps of potential penalties from scrums etc on both sides and the Sharks had a few chances to kick a field goal but they blew it. NO EXCUSES. The Manly win in the 1978 comp is regarded as the most courageous of any football side in ANY code (6 games in 3 weeks). There was penalty due on that scrum. GET OVER IT

John

Juniors
Look at the tape - scums were a lottery and looking from today's perspective you can see why the League has virtually ditched them. Ask any Cronulla player from that side and they will tell you how they blew it, not that they were "ripped off ". What about 1973? Prelim final 1995??
Amco Cup 1983?? 1st Semi 1981?? It just happens to be Manly every time

wittyfan

Referee
John said:
Mate - you Sharks people are on the WRONG track. I saw every Manly game in thew 1978 finals series (incl the Parra game on the Wednesday)
and Manly were the better team (except when you Sharks beat us in game 1 of course ). You had the chance to beat us in the GF replay on the Tuesday (yes, I wagged school to see it ) with most of the Eagles side on pain killers and just about dead but we crapped all over you 16-0 . After Mooney scored the try to get us back in the game in GF 1 there were heaps of potential penalties from scrums etc on both sides and the Sharks had a few chances to kick a field goal but they blew it. NO EXCUSES. The Manly win in the 1978 comp is regarded as the most courageous of any football side in ANY code (6 games in 3 weeks). There was penalty due on that scrum. GET OVER IT

Courageous? :lol: You had a certain extra person on your team through that tainted finals series.

John

Juniors
Sorry to say but your coloured sense of history is wrong. You probably were not born in 1978 but a patched up Manly , to a man doped up on pain killers, played sudden death football for 6 games in 3 weeks - has not happened before or since. The sight of Russell Gartner running rings around Steve Rogers was not a fault of the ref!!! Or Igor Randell smashing John Donnelly which lifted the team in the Prelim final Or Eadie flattening all and sundry in the GF Replay on the Tuesday - the refs fault?? YOU PROBABLY HAVE EVEN NOT EVEN SEEN ANY OF THESE GAMES? What , you Dad fed you this rubbish? You have no credibility.

wittyfan

Referee
John said:
Sorry to say but your coloured sense of history is wrong. You probably were not born in 1978 but a patched up Manly , to a man doped up on pain killers, played sudden death football for 6 games in 3 weeks - has not happened before or since. The sight of Russell Gartner running rings around Steve Rogers was not a fault of the ref!!! Or Igor Randell smashing John Donnelly which lifted the team in the Prelim final Or Eadie flattening all and sundry in the GF Replay on the Tuesday - the refs fault?? YOU PROBABLY HAVE EVEN NOT EVEN SEEN ANY OF THESE GAMES? What , you Dad fed you this rubbish? You have no credibility.

I was born in 1978. (January 24) ;-) I have no credibility? Then how come Manly had an inordinate amount of luck and got the better side of decisions made by the referee? It was a tainted premiership, plain and simple.

Latest posts