What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are screwed!!!!!!! Johns has been charged

I hope he doesnt contest it at all mate.

I honestly believe if we defend like crazy people against two teams struggling to post points, we can win.

We may cop a drumming in the first week but we'll still be alive!

CJKnight

Juniors
The Key is to finish top 4... hopeing Joey will be back 2nd week of finals.

As it has already been posted we have the talent to beat both Panthers and Cowboys. Lets just be gratefull we don't have Manly's run home! *laughs*

Doctor

Bench
I don't have an issue with a player being charged with contrary conduct for swearing at the referee. It shouldn't be acceptable and it's been brewing for a while. But Johns is being made a scapegoat and the media is just loving the opportunity to sink the boot in and blow the dust off some old stats about the Knights' credentials without Captain Cranky.

My objection is that just about every player swears on the field -- and not just Knights players. Many swear at the referee. You do not have to have sports ears to hear it. Why is Johns the only one being targeted?

If the NRL handed down a 4 game suspension for everyone who swears at the referee or abuses the referee it would clear up the game real quick. Trouble is: they're not. It's only Johns. Why?

Johns is being made the scapegoat for something the NRL wants to crack down on. This is the flashpoint, and we're merely the pawns in the whole charade. Yes, we need to crack down on abuse of officials. I'm all for it provided it's consistent. This current fiasco does not suggest consistency is at the forefront. It suggests that things have been building up for a while, and someone had to take the fall.