What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are screwed!!!!!!! Johns has been charged

Missa

Juniors
I am in absolute shock.....maybe 1 or 2 weeks but 3 games,maybe 4.......I guess we just look forward to next year now....he has been made an example of here....absolute f**king joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SHATTERED

IanG

Coach
Exactly this is a joke. Players have been getting away with blue murder all season and now this has happened. Fight it Joey is all I can say

skeepe

Immortal
IanG said:
bullsh*t!!!!

They had to take a stand. As a referee myself, if I or one of my touchies reported that sort of abuse directed at them, I would not hesitate to send the culprit off.

It boils down to this: Officials cannot be abused. Johns abused an official using the strongest possible language. It deserves the strongest possible sanction.

axie

Juniors
Imo Johns deserves what he gets. I don't care who you are, or what they do wrong, players must show respect to the officals. Blowing up at the guys on the sidelines is a very poor example to set.

Somehow I think if Johns came out and apologised to all those involved he may have escaped suspension ... of course, his ego wouldn't allow that.

I do feel for Knights fans though, you guys don't deserve this bullsh*t ... Johns should know better.

Bicey_18

Bench
So your saying if someone like Scott Minto did the exact same thing everyone would be talking bout it?????

I dont think so!

PrideKnight

Bench
skeepe said:
They had to take a stand. As a referee myself, if I or one of my touchies reported that sort of abuse directed at them, I would not hesitate to send the culprit off.

It boils down to this: Officials cannot be abused. Johns abused an official using the strongest possible language. It deserves the strongest possible sanction.

probably best not to mention your ties to being a match official right now mate...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
skeepe said:

Skeepe, piss off. Take your high and mighty morals back to the Faiders or NRL forum :arrow:

Burwood

Bench
skeepe said:

Can you see the difference between sending a player off and suspending them for three or four weeks? The referee made the mistake of not sending Johns off during the game, but I fail to see how this should result in him getting a higher charge.

Johns Magic

Referee
skeepe said:

Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir.

You are a referee after all :roll:

skeepe

Immortal
Jobdog said:
Skeepe, piss off. Take your high and mighty morals back to the Faiders or NRL forum :arrow:

Whats your problem mate?

I'm merely commenting on the issue. I'm also not trolling. If you've got a problem with the MRC, fair enough. Don't take it out on me.

macavity

Referee
skeepe said:
Whats your problem mate?

I'm merely commenting on the issue. I'm also not trolling. If you've got a problem with the MRC, fair enough. Don't take it out on me.

get farrrged you faaaarging faaargwit

there I feel better

but seriously, get fvcked.

Burwood

Bench
macavity said:
the Knights should get back at the NRL somehow if he is suspended. No idea how, but this is damn petty and targeted stuff and should be met in kind.

The only thing I can think of is that the Knights may boycott the Dally M awards in early September.

And what is the chance of Johns assuming Billy Pedan's role of head trainer for the next few weeks? I would love to see Joey run out on to the field every week delivering messages and directing players around Geoff Toovey style:lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Burwood said:
Can you see the difference between sending a player off and suspending them for three or four weeks? The referee made the mistake of not sending Johns off during the game, but I fail to see how this should result in him getting a higher charge.

Yes I can, and I think we can all agree that harsher action should have been taken on the field.

Regardless, I'm reffing kids so the similarities between my situation and what happened on Friday stop at the fact they are both league players. I have to send players off if I want action taken, so it's a little different.

Regardless, the NRL could not allow Johns' direct abuse at an official pass with just a reprimand.

Parki

Bench
simpkins and checchin should be suspended as well

in the interests of FAIRNESS, of course

what chance that happening? yeah, didnt think so

nrl credibility = zero

I can see it now, the newcastle people marching up the f3 with pitchforks in hand...

Latest posts