What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Definately Need A Couple Of Quality Recruits

Vicious

Bench
Despite todays tragedy,i`m still convinced we are bridging the gap between ourselves and sides of the calibre of the Dragons,Roosters,Broncos,Panthers,Bulldogs.
In saying that we definately need to add some size and power to really be a major force.We`ve got a lot of positions covered with our own talented juniors but we definately need a good powerful big prop with the ability to offload,a powerful running hooker with good ball skills to make Robbie Farah wake up to himself and start performing and a powerful tackle busting back rower!
If we act fast these players are still available,being Carl Webb or Paul Stringer as the prop,Frank Pritchard the ideal tackle busting second rower and Michael Ennis who would come at half the price,but I believe is the equal with more potential than Riddell who carved us up today!!!

vlad

juniors
Frank Pritchard ripped the sharks apart this afternoon and he'd be a great signing for us .

Gobbso

Juniors
vlad said:
Frank Pritchard ripped the sharks apart this afternoon and he'd be a great signing for us .

I seriously hope Sheens and co. have target him as a potential buy for Wests Tigers. He's a Magpie junior, with great ability, and would definitely strengthen our backrow and over all forward pack. He's got no fear and raw aggression. Something Wests definitely are looking for...

super_coach

First Grade
without doubt-we need 2 more elite players
1 explosive forward
2 a class big centre
even with all our young talent--they need these players to feed off.
sheens has to bite the bullet and re think his 3 year plan.
other wise we will be around the 8 but never much higher
ps--in years gone by-it would be all down hill from here--but this team will bounce
back--maybe not next week-but over the next month.but dont expect to see them much after the first week of the finals

yappy

Bench
I don't know about centres. There aren't any real stars on offer. Halatau and Harrison both need more goes and Collis is yet to get a go. Add to that Marshall who I think should be in a 3 or 4 for the next couple of years and you should be able to find a pretty damn nice centre pairing.

Pritchard would be good, but I think plenty of other clubs have noticed him so he wouldn't be easy or cheap to acquire.

Another tough Front Rower that could allow Sheens to play Gibbs in the back row might do the trick.

ozcrusader

Bench
Agreed.

We especially need to target Stringer...he is off contract at Souths and would be a bargain buy. Realistically, we actually have a chance of getting him.

Would love to see Pritchard in Tigers colours but with all the hype surrounding him, no doubt some other top 4 club will snap him up.

Carl Webb I dont think will leave the Broncos for the Tigers...

We really lack CLASS!

SouthernTiger

Juniors
The player the tigers should target is henderson from the dragons. Not sure if he played yesterday but this guy is a gun. He is the best young front rower going around. In my view he will be better than Sims. I cant see how the dragons could hold onto him so if I was in tigers management i would be aiming for him

cheers

s. tiger

tiger78

Juniors
It's hard to say who we need to recruit. I have a feeling we will get Monaghan from the raiders, but who nows how our young guys are going to go until we play them. Everyone says we need another center well until Harrison starts a game their we wont know if he's up to it. Gibbs just needs more experience but I think 1 more prop is definantly needed. A lot will depend on who goes at the end of the year, personally I would not keep Wilson, Graham, Covell, Moodie, Senter, O'neill, Miles, Viane or Patterson. Time to reinvent this team and move forward with the kids.

tigers

Juniors
To be competitive we need 4 class players. ie. 2 centres, 2 forwards and let's utilise some of the kids coming through. Definitely we should not keep Wilson, Senter and Covell.
Let's hope Benji Marshall can spend a bit more time on the field and avoid those injuries. :clap: :clap:

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Trust me in two years time Henderson will be the name on everyones lips. I have been pretty accurate in the past. I suggested Matthew Head before he played first grade, and Joe Williams. Plus numerous others. There is an abundance of junior talent going around at the moment, which makes the decision to play the likes of graham and buettner even more stupid.

Out of that list I would keep Viane and Moodie and possibly Covell but I would also add Mears to the list. As a replacement I would buy Michael Ennis from the Knights and use him and Farah as a rotation. Failing securing Ennis I would play Fitzhenry at hooker in premier league for the rest of this year and rotate him with Farah next year. As good as Mears can be he can be bloody geniused as well, and I would prefer to use Farah rather than let what happen to Michael Brown happen again. I still think we need a class winger. I dont have as much faith in Richards as some of you do but I would be looking at our juniors for this, and must admit I was impressed by Duffy despite the fact he was monstered by the Roosters. Did he get dropped or was he injured after that game???

cheers

s. tiger

Vicious

Bench
Another good young prop is Parras Josh Cordoba.Not sure of his availability,but big,athletic and aggressive.Thats a good start.

tiger78

Juniors
There is always a new star just around the corner, I reckon we need to start making places for the next generation ie moving the Fultons etc into first grade now and cleaning out deadwood.

Vicious

Bench
tiger78 said:
There is always a new star just around the corner, I reckon we need to start making places for the next generation ie moving the Fultons etc into first grade now and cleaning out deadwood.
100% correct

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Covell should be retained. He's mpore than a goal kicker. His defence can't be questioned and he is versatile. All he needs to do is work on his speed.

innsaneink

Referee
SouthernTiger said:
Trust me in two years time Henderson will be the name on everyones lips. I have been pretty accurate in the past. I suggested Matthew Head before he played first grade, and Joe Williams. Plus numerous others. There is an abundance of junior talent going around at the moment, which makes the decision to play the likes of graham and buettner even more stupid.

cheers

s. tiger

snoyce@weststigers.com

numerous others?
Dont be shy.....you havent been yet.
Karmicheal? Frank?
Give ya self a slap on tha back mate.
:lol:

Latest posts