What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We find out tonight........

theicemandanno

Juniors
If Finch will be another Dykes.

This is his moment of truth, and I feel FINCHY will tear it up against the Goosters.

Fire-Up-Finchmeister!

Utey

Coach
He was fine tonight, I really think Hagan has said, sit back and only come in when you're needed. Luckily Tim Smith had a ripper game. He isn't a liability in defence which is a big bonus.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He went well in the first half, made a few blues in the second half. But the whole side dropped their itensity.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
I think finch was solid tonight besides his few errors, he played like 5/8 should, let the halfback control the team and chip in with a few kicks and few passes here and there, finchys defence was solid again tonight. Good game finchy you have my support son

MrT

Juniors
Finch was crap, we played the worst team.
He tripped over himself and threw a foward pass in the same movement

MrT said:
Finch was crap, we played the worst team.
He tripped over himself and threw a foward pass in the same movement

Lucky Tim has a good long pass so he can just cut finch out all the time. Finch has done nothing so far and is so far a huge dissapointment.

Gronk

Staff member
I was watching Finchy closely last night and I reckon he's going OK. His defence is sound. He scrambles well and hits hard. His talk and enthusiasm is exemplary and his kicking game was far better than anything the Roosters could managed.

Get those one or two unforced errors out of his game and he'll be fine. At this point I'd much rather have Finchy in my team than Anasta.

Stagger eel

Staff member
again, Finch was excellent in defence but worrying in attack, but his kicking game was quite good.

a typical mixed bag, but still the best option at 6 at the moment.

eel4life

Juniors
eelavation, i agree with what you just said.

its prob his best game he has played so far, if he improve on that performance every week it will be good for us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel4life said:
eelavation, i agree with what you just said.

its prob his best game he has played so far, if he improve on that performance every week it will be good for us.

it's just a pity that people only pay to attention when he carries the ball rather than what he does without it...

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Had we have lost last night, Finchy's assesment would have been far worse.

I really cringe everytime he touches the ball. Atleast he is reducing his error rate slightly.

He needs to leave it more to Timmy, and just chime in with the occasional run and 1 metre pass.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Had we have lost last night, Finchy's assesment would have been far worse.

I really cringe everytime he touches the ball. Atleast he is reducing his error rate slightly.

He needs to leave it more to Timmy, and just chime in with the occasional run and 1 metre pass.

ok...but the opposition rarely scores tries when he's got the ball in his hand, no matter how inept he looks with it. so if the Roosters did win last night it wouldn't Finch's fault because his attack was bad, it'll be Finch's fault because it's Finch.