What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We find out tonight........

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ahem...

Eels rout Roosters
Saturday, 5 May 2007 @ 9:21 PM
sportal.com.au
s.gif

098232news.jpg
The Eels have cruised to a comfortable 28-10 win over the last-placed Sydney Roosters at Parramatta Stadium.

Parramatta ran away with the game in the first half to lead 22-0, before Sydney scored two late tries to give the scoreline some respectability.

Tim Smith and Brett Finch gave Parramatta a terrific kicking game that constantly put the Roosters on the back foot, while Sydney hurt themselves with too many penalties and handling errors.

Rookie Krisnan Inu replaced Timana Tahu at left centre in the Eels line-up and he made the perfect start to the game, running in two quick tries to put his side on the front foot in just his second NRL game.

Sydney have five players backing up from Thursday's City-Country game, but the scoreline indicated a fully fresh Roosters outfit still wouldn't have challenged the rampant Eels.

The defeat left the Roosters at the foot of the table with just one win so far this year.

Inu had his first in the seventh minute a well-weighted kick from Tim Smith took a dream bounce and allowed the centre to beat Anthony Minichiello to the chase.

The youngster scored his second moments later, pushing past three defenders to cross out wide.

Finch then forced a drop-out with a great kick and Sydney gave away a lazy penalty, holding a man down too long in a tackle, and Parramatta took advantage with a try to Eric Grothe in the right corner.

It started looking ugly for the Roosters when Inu was again given far too much space on the left edge, making half a break before sending Nathan Hindmarsh over for the back-rower's fifth try of the season.

The home side continued the rout early in the second term, with Smith laying on a grubber for a flying Luke Burt to dive over.

Ashley Harrison shrugged off an attempted tackle from Smith to notch Sydney's first try, and Sam Perrett scored another consolation just before fulltime as the Roosters at least finished the game strongly.

Eels 28
Tries: Inu 2, Grothe, N. Hindmarsh, Burt
Conversions: Burt 4

Roosters 10
Tries: Harrison, Perrett
Conversions: Fitzgibbon

http://ninemsn.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?s=leaguedisplay&id=98232

Pazza

First Grade
i would dump Ben Smith but he is a solid defender and he will be here next year

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
I thought you might've learnt your lesson by now!
I have - I ate before going to the game :D - but a certain someone who sits next to me hasn't :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's not true!! it's not true!! Finch is sh*t he's sh*t, I'm telling ya!!!! :sarcasm:

:lol:

emjaycee

Coach
I thought Finch had a pretty solid game last nite.
he seems to be playing alot at first receiver with Tim at second receiver which is giving Tim alot more time to get his options sorted.

Overall 6.5/10 for Finch.

Oh, and I dont normally sit in the Cronin Stand but to the Parramatta 'faithful' in Bay 27 who not only boo'ed when Finch's name was called before the game, but spent the whole game bagging him - bad form people.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
it's not true!! it's not true!! Finch is sh*t he's sh*t, I'm telling ya!!!! :sarcasm:

:lol:

No Eela No, he should be in the team because he's a average defender :lol: :lol: :sarcasm:

That 50% that really counts remember.....FMD x 2

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
No Eela No, he should be in the team because he's a average defender :lol: :lol: :sarcasm:

That 50% that really counts remember.....FMD x 2

well lets sack em all then...;-)

Luke Burt for his terrible attempts one on one.

Jarryd Hayne for his Bad reads in defence.

Ben Smith for his slow attacking play

Eric Grothe for his constant brain explosions

Tim Smith...shocking in defence.

Brett Finch poor execution in attack.

Wags for his ordinary ball carrys.

Ian Hindmarsh for rarely bending the line.

Hindmarsh for nothing I can think off.

Cayless, see Hindy.

Marsh for his poor service from dummy half at various times.

Cannings for his lack of workrate.

get my drift??? ;-)

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
well lets sack em all then...;-)

Luke Burt for his terrible attempts one on one.

Jarryd Hayne for his Bad reads in defence.

Ben Smith for his slow attacking play

Eric Grothe for his constant brain explosions

Tim Smith...shocking in defence.

Brett Finch poor execution in attack.

Wags for his ordinary ball carrys.

Ian Hindmarsh for rarely bending the line.

Hindmarsh for nothing I can think off.

Cayless, see Hindy.

Marsh for his poor service from dummy half at various times.

Cannings for his lack of workrate.

get my drift??? ;-)

Actually, I highlighted the one's in bold where your deadset right.

I dont know about the other ones. ;-)

Just tell me without sitting on the fence, does Finch deserve a starting spot in first grade?

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Actually, I highlighted the one's in bold where your deadset right.

I dont know about the other ones. ;-)

Just tell me without sitting on the fence, does Finch deserve a starting spot in first grade?

at the moment...Yes!!!

I don't see a better option, that's not to say that may change soon...but if you're prepared to tell me that Blake could be an option I would argue that he will be a real defficiency in defence and at the moment I think our club can only really carry 1 "spot player" for 80 minutes..and that's Tim Smith.

Another option could be Feleti, but than we lose a kicker in general play, they'll be more preasure on Tim to be the only real option apart from Luke Burt who will chime in now and then.

I'm yet to be convinced that there's a better option..at the moment.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
at the moment...Yes!!!

I don't see a better option, that's not to say that may change soon...but if you're prepared to tell me that Blake could be an option I would argue that he will be a real defficiency in defence and at the moment I think our club can only really carry 1 "spot player" for 80 minutes..and that's Tim Smith.

Another option could be Feleti, but than we lose a kicker in general play, they'll be more preasure on Tim to be the only real option apart from Luke Burt who will chime in now and then.

I'm yet to be convinced that there's a better option..at the moment.

6.Green
7.Smith

Bring Keating or another forward onto the bench. Play Finch in PL for 3-4 weeks until he regains his confidence. Hagan hasn't got the balls to do it, and I kind of don't blame him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
6.Green
7.Smith

Bring Keating or another forward onto the bench. Play Finch in PL for 3-4 weeks until he regains his confidence. Hagan hasn't got the balls to do it, and I kind of don't blame him.

first of all...

* we'd want to score plenty of points because we'll also leak plenty.

* Matt or Kris Keating???....I don't care what anyone says Kris Keating is not ready for firstgrade at the moment.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
first of all...

* we'd want to score plenty of points because we'll also leak plenty.

* Matt or Kris Keating???....I don't care what anyone says Kris Keating is not ready for firstgrade at the moment.
q1`

We wouldn't leak anymore points than we currently do as Green is as strong a defender as Finch.

Kris Keating would be my first preference followed by Matt. But hey, I'll even settle for Matt in front of Finch.

The only way to find out is to give them a go.

Utey

Coach
Rubbish, Finch is miles ahead of Blake. Notice how Finchy isn't doing as much D atm? I think teams are coming around to the fact that his like a brick wall and many are finding it difficult to get around.