What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have a great side for 2013

saints4ever

First Grade
Just give me the jersey and I won't care either way. If we win we get a shield. If we lose we know we'll prob be in for an ok year

Breathingfire

Juniors
I can live with Cooper going around again for another year. He has been one of my favourite players over the last 10 years so it will be a sad day when he plays his last game for the club...however we need something better than Chase Stanley on the other side. A young up and coming star rather than an injury riddled never was.

Guvner

First Grade
LOL, a never was who is still only 23 and who represented his country at 18. The kid can play, just needs some luck on the injury front.

Breathingfire

Juniors
LOL, a never was who is still only 23 and who represented his country at 18. The kid can play, just needs some luck on the injury front.

I admire your positivity and I hope I am proven wrong, but he needs more than luck IMO...more like a set of knees. See what a lot of people fail to realize is just how damaging knee injuries are for players. Hell some players never recover; Matt Head rings a bell.

The truth of it all is the player never runs quite as fast again...Snake over at Manly comes to mind. Even the fastest players lose a yard of pace as a result. Chase was not blessed with blinding speed to being with and after all the knee troubles he now gets run down by Roosters front rowers...we need someone who can outpace the Roosters front row IMO.

And well...last year a few went off about his defence when he initially signed with the club and I stuck up for him...boy was I wrong :(
Talk about a bad read :roll:

Anyway...like I said; I hope I am proven wrong.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Cooper needs to improve on this year's form. Yes, a club legend and had plenty of injuries in 2012. Even so, watching Brent Tate stand him up just showed how much he had lost. It was embarrassing.

Avenger

Immortal
Hope you are still strong in 2013. Very important for the game to have a strong St George.

Dezziedc

Juniors
I had a quick scan of the net and I can't see anywhere where it says Sandow is going to the Dragons. Where is that info coming from?

jenninga

First Grade
I had a quick scan of the net and I can't see anywhere where it says Sandow is going to the Dragons. Where is that info coming from?
I think Parra fans have enough things to worry about ,even Falau won't save them.

Twenty10

Juniors
Mate I have to respectfully disagree.

Three things
1. Spoon talk is a joke. I love it how people think we'll get the spoon. Won't happen.
2. f**k the Charity Shield. We've never taken it seriously (we take our NRL players off with 20 minutes to go every year).
3. It's a long season, and it hasn't even started yet. Too early to write us off without having seen a minute of footy.

Just my 2c worth old mate.

I agree. Spoon talk is bloody laughable... Honestly. Yes we are rebuilding a bit but if the Soward / Stanley combo works, with Beale at the back and the all but done deal with Harrison I think our team is quite a bit stronger than 2012. A couple of golden point disasters last season pretty much cost us a finals berth. With that said our coach will have a lot of pressure on him.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I agree. Spoon talk is bloody laughable... Honestly. Yes we are rebuilding a bit but if the Soward / Stanley combo works, with Beale at the back and the all but done deal with Harrison I think our team is quite a bit stronger than 2012. A couple of golden point disasters last season pretty much cost us a finals berth. With that said our coach will have a lot of pressure on him.

People keep talking about the golden point losses. They were big no doubt and with two more wins we were in the finals. But we forget that we still had chances to make it late in the season. We lost to the Roosters and an out of form Tigers when our season was on the line. We were never making the eight in 2012. We just didn't have the mental capacity or the belief. In fact let's be honest, 9th flatter us.

Cagey Mac

Bench
If we don't sign a centre who we have been in the market for, along with the outside back who is likely to be Harrison then Kyle Stanley will play in the centres not Chase with Fein at 1/2. If we get a centre then Kyle to the halves. We are still very much in the market for a centre for 2013

getsmarty

Immortal
If we don't sign a centre who we have been in the market for, along with the outside back who is likely to be Harrison then Kyle Stanley will play in the centres not Chase with Fein at 1/2. If we get a centre then Kyle to the halves. We are still very much in the market for a centre for 2013

I think your right...Centres still weak and halves also an unknown quantity...IMO thats our 2 probable weakest areas.

Twenty10

Juniors

We had Jennings sewn up until his manager (who hates the dragons) blocked the deal.
Now that would have been a handy signing

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
How did we have Jennings sown up ? Would we not not have been negotiating thru his manager ? Furthermore we would not pay Jennings current $$.

But yes we need a centre and back rower . Proven half would be great too. Hope Drinkwater turns out good.

Twenty10

Juniors
How did we have Jennings sown up ? Would we not not have been negotiating thru his manager ? Furthermore we would not pay Jennings current $$.

But yes we need a centre and back rower . Proven half would be great too. Hope Drinkwater turns out good.

Maybe you missed Phil goulds direct quotes... He said deal was done wit dragons, money was agreed... Panthers agreed to pay dragons to 200k of his salary... Then Jennings manager shot it down saying they no longer wish to deal with dragons.