What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have a great side for 2013

mighty v

Juniors
Been sitting back reading all the threads and alot of negativity about us NOT signing marquee players ,and the ones we have signed crap,how pricey is a crap coach ,but think hes got himself a rip rorting side imo ,and after his first year ,think price will shine as a coach

Heres how i would like to see them line up

Beale (will end up better than Boyd imo)
Morris
Cooper
Chase Stanley
Nightingale
Kylie stanley (5/8)
Soward
Debelin
Tyson Frizell (this guy will be a fan fav 100 %)
Creagh (c)
Merrin
Rein
Weyman

Reserves
Hunt,Vidot(love to see him in second row will rip them a new ******),Stockwell,Prior,Leeson ah mau,Fien,Cameron King

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Not much different to last season. With a good coach they would be a top 8 certainty but with Price, lets just hope he has a better season this year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Not much different to last season. With a good coach they would be a top 8 certainty but with Price, lets just hope he has a better season this year.

Despite some weaknesses in key areas, there's no doubting the amount of talent available. It's just a matter of the attack in particular being given more freedom - not just when they're already trailing by 18 or more.

( I realise this has been repeated plenty of times, but I couldn't resist )

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I worry that we're just going to see more of the same shape in attack.

Price has indicated he wants Beale to ball play ala Darbs. Thats the whole execution thing he was on about last year.

Never mind that is was predictable and easily read.

My feeling - more of the same shape. I'm hoping for a different result but we won't get it and the hopes for Price will be gone only slightly before he is.

There's enough ability in that team to make the 8 easily.

jenninga

First Grade
Been sitting back reading all the threads and alot of negativity about us NOT signing marquee players ,and the ones we have signed crap,how pricey is a crap coach ,but think hes got himself a rip rorting side imo ,and after his first year ,think price will shine as a coach

Morris
Cooper
Chase Stanley
Nightingale
Kylie stanley (5/8)
Soward
Debelin
Creagh (c)
Merrin
Rein
Weyman

Reserves
Hunt,Vidot(love to see him in second row will rip them a new ******),Stockwell,Prior,Leeson ah mau,Fien,Cameron King
Our defence is what got us to 9th spot last season.If our attack doesn't improve and our defence is down we are in trouble.

Fire

First Grade

Morris
Cooper
Chase Stanley
Nightingale
Kylie stanley (5/8)
Soward
Debelin
Creagh (c)
Merrin
Rein
Weyman

Reserves

Good post, and I agree.

However, Breathingfire made a sharp post the other day in another thread how we were all getting excited last year over numerous things that didn't pan out, which bought me back down to earth.

I'm quietly confident, but not getting my hopes up too much. In my opinion we've got the cattle to make the top eight.

Two things concern me
1. A lot of young and new players...I hope they all "gel" early.
2. Consistency is needed this season (didn't even get three on the trot this year).

Good to see the boys back at training on Monday.

Good post old mate! Bring on 2013!

mighty v

Juniors
Have to disagree in regards to being much like last year guys

If i was pricey ,i would structure our attack right straight up the middle ,to crack defenses THEN spread to centres,rather than waiting for centres to create opportunities..

We have some great dummy halfs in Rein,Fien and King ..

Soward at 1/2 will cause much more problems for defenses that when he plays at 5/8 ,then add Stanleys skills at 5/8 (finailly gets his chance in his preffered position)

Then we move onto the area im most excited about next year ,our forwards and specifically our second row/lock options

De belin is an workhorse in defense and has shown enough that will develop into a great ball playing lock ..Then add the steal of Frizell ,and i would certaintly add Vidot into the second row (wouldnt want him running at me),there will be some real hole punches there ..

Add stockwell ,and Weymans go forward i reckon our forward pack will shine next year ..

And lastly we also have an attacking option we havent had since Boyd left ,Beale ..

My belief is if our defense holds as last year,and our attack is structured up the middle rather than cross field ,the points will come and we will push for top 4

PRICEY if our reading ,up the middle mate ...

Minh

First Grade
It'll be a wait and see approach from me but I love the positive outlook the potential is certainly there.

Dea

Juniors
No belief = no hope.
Potential is there and I for one would love nothing more than to see it happen

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Still no 1st grade 1/2. Mooted one injury prone. A coach who doesn't impress on any number of levels ... Stupid post game interviews, poor interchange rotation, poor team selection.
Anyway it's Price's bacon and I will happily concede if I'm wrong but don't expect great things in 2013 ... And if Gower shines at Manly then there you go.
Caio

GeyerIsADouche

Juniors
Jack topped the beep test on Monday, very impressive for a young bloke. I reckon he and friz could give opposition nightmares for many years to come....

If i was pricey ,i would structure our attack right straight up the middle ,to crack defenses THEN spread to centres,rather than waiting for centres to create opportunities..

Soward at 1/2 will cause much more problems for defenses that when he plays at 5/8 ,then add Stanleys skills at 5/8 (finailly gets his chance in his preffered position)

Then we move onto the area im most excited about next year ,our forwards and specifically our second row/lock options

De belin is an workhorse in defense and has shown enough that will develop into a great ball playing lock ..Then add the steal of Frizell ,and i would certaintly add Vidot into the second row (wouldnt want him running at me),there will be some real hole punches there ..

Add stockwell ,and Weymans go forward i reckon our forward pack will shine next year ..

And lastly we also have an attacking option we havent had since Boyd left ,Beale ..

My belief is if our defense holds as last year,and our attack is structured up the middle rather than cross field ,the points will come and we will push for top 4

Good positive posts Dousty keep it up and they might just believe were a top 4/8 chance...:p

Twenty10

Juniors
Expect Harrisons signature to be announced by Monday...
Canberra started training today I think .. .

If that's true I would feel far better about our chances. I know it's only 1 player but he's damn good and brings all the categories we are missing *mongrel *skills *fringe running options

Morotti

Juniors
I think it depends on our half combination and how that goes.

No disrespect to Dean Young and Ben Hornby, they were at the end of their careers and if I recall correctly Dean said he shouldn't have really played the last few games as his knee wasn't up to it. We will miss their leadership, however, hopefully the youth that we bring into the team will be a positive.

I disagree with Soward at half. He never worked there before and I don't think he has the organising skills to lead us around the park. Not sure about drinkwater but perhaps Fien take the 7 and we have a Rein/King hooker rotation.

I think we have a solid team that may be able to make the eight depending on a few things. So we are pretty much in the same boat as most other teams at this stage of the year.

Remember that our back three will likely be internationals in Nightingale, Morris and Beale. And with our forwards like Creagh and Merrin playing State of Origin this year as well as Frizell being a Wales international and playing in the four nations last year, it is not all doom and gloom.

I think we can finish somewhere between 7-10th which is exactly what I thought this time last year.

P.S. this is my first post so hello to everyone.

Mr Red

First Grade

agree with this, although i think Beale is the key at fulllback..
IF he fires we can improve on last season - if he displays the lack lusture form he displayed at the broncos the last 8 weeks of the comp we could drop down the ladder even more...

apart from that the team hasnt improved much..
- lose Hornby - relying on old man Fien and injury prone Stanley. Drinkwater COULD be the X-FACTOR, time will tell..
- lost an origin back rower in Scott and rely on an untested Frizzell..

but the coach is the biggest obstacle..

jenninga

First Grade

Correct, the game v Manly last year at Brookvale we were carving them up by attacking up the middle.Throughout the year we were too side to side and going nowhere.

Elias1983

Coach
Well it is do or die for Price, if he doesn't have a solid season then at very least his job will be under threat.

I think he will be much better this year, he will learn from his first year and come out firing this year.

At least this year he has his key player (beale), That Moltzen saga hurt us alot more than we thought .

Latest posts