What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have signed Chris Walker

born an eel

Bench
Really? So he didn't kick up a stink at an AGM, nor become the centrepiece of legal action? The board can do no right and Fitzy can do no wrong :lol:
you can't blame a person for defending the love of the club and the honour of membership because people have an axe to grind. :crazy:

the board made the first move in this instance.

parra pete

Referee
You blokes had No FIRST GRADE premierships from 1947 until 1981....
Then Four under Fitzy's watch
None since....

I think people underestimate the great work Denis did for Parramatta as a player and administrator.

mickdo

Coach
you can't blame a person for defending the love of the club and the honour of membership because people have an axe to grind. :crazy:

the board made the first move in this instance.

Bart said Fitzy stopped being a factor 18 months ago. I was simply showing that is not the case.

And besides, I thought there wasn't smoke without fire? At least, that's the attitude that's seemingly been taken with anything done by the current board.

mickdo

Coach
None since....

I think people underestimate the great work Denis did for Parramatta as a player and administrator.

Such great work that Parra supporters now follow the dog f**king Raiders :lol:

What the hell are you still doing here?

Suitman

Post Whore
In Bart's defense...

IMO...what Bart has said re the current board pales into insignificance when compared to what he and others said about the previous lot.
It would appear as though speculation, innuendo and "guessing" has only recently been outlawed around these parts. I can only assume that everyone casting aspertions 2 years ago did indeed know undeniable facts which enabled to make such informed comments. :sarcasm:

The only difference this time around being that Bart is now in the minority and it appears that he may be upsetting a few of the boards personal friends (not talking about you personally, Ivor).

Now please don't take this the wrong way, as I am not saying that what Bart and a couple of others are saying is right or wrong, I'm just pointing out that the TYPE of comments are nothing new around these parts. It seems as though the goalposts have moved as to what is an acceptable argument and what is guessing.

It's human nature, I guess. Life will roll on regardless....

I've got absolutely no problem with any of that. Happy for justified criticism to be thrown at the current board when it's warranted, and there have been examples where that has been the case.
However, some of the criticism has not only bordered on hysterical, it has crossed the line.
It is then that I take umbrage.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
None since....

So the last 20 odd years he was here with no premierships was what?

You were the biggest advocate for only being as good as your last game in regards to Tim Smith but when it comes to your mate Fitzy, you seem to be able to give a different set of rules!!!!!

There is no denying that Fitzy was a good administrator, there is also no denying that he overstayed his welcome and a change was needed!

Whether the new board are any better or worse is open to debate but the fact is that it was time for the Fitzy regime to depart!!

born an eel

Bench
Bart said Fitzy stopped being a factor 18 months ago. I was simply showing that is not the case.

And besides, I thought there wasn't smoke without fire? At least, that's the attitude that's seemingly been taken with anything done by the current board.
but the question is, who is keeping DF in the club politics?

I think the current board enjoy having DF name thrown around and try to make it a fight between them and DF as they feel they will have the most support that way. I would bet my left one that the board will try to discredit any opposition in the upcoming elections as being puppets of DF.

lingard

Coach
So you don't like the words cowboys and clowns Lingard. I get it... I think I might have used the words twice a few months back?

I'm not concerned with "credibility" on a forum, whatever that actually means. I appreciate that you may not have been around on here at the time of the last elections, but I think you'll find any critical comments I make about the current Board's performance pale in comparison next to the comments made previously.

And interestingly when a member has been disappointed in what has been delivered by the current Board, it seems that it's the people that made the loudest and most constant comments of a critical nature last election don't appreciate the "balance" going the other way? (Well that's my analysis for what it's worth anyway.)

There's a link below that will enable you to ignore my comments, if their "balance" isn't to your liking, or if they don't meet your personal standards of credibility. Cheers.

No, Bart, I`m not saying you don`t have credibility. You have far more credibility than I do. You`ve been on this forum a lot longer. And I`ve read your posts in the past and greatly respected what you`ve said. I was on here during the last election, but I must say I didn`t take much notice, nor did I take an active part in the conversations. I might also say that when I first came on here I was amazed at how much anti-Denis Fitzgerald stuff there was on this forum. I couldn`t believe it. Every second post seemed to berate him and blame him for something. So I can see where you`re coming from there, too. Maybe I should just bow out of this whole conversation because I really don`t know anything about the political history of our club.
The only reason I`ve been commenting lately is that it seems here is no clear evidence of any actual wrong-doing by the current board that I can see, and most of the 'analysis' of what they`ve done wrong is based on supposition, inuendo, implication, etc. And people like Casper with his conspiracy theories don`t help, either. But, then, I suppose the same thing happened during Denis Fitzgerald`s reign.
I`ve been (and still am) involved in middle-management and I encounter a lot of silly people making assumptions and generalisations based on absolutely no real facts whatsoever, and I guess it gets under my skin when I see it (or think I see it) happening on this forum. In the end, it`s none of my business - because I choose not to make politics my business. So this is the last I`ll say on the matter. Sorry if I offended you.
Cheers.

lingard

Coach
In Bart's defense...

IMO...what Bart has said re the current board pales into insignificance when compared to what he and others said about the previous lot.
It would appear as though speculation, innuendo and "guessing" has only recently been outlawed around these parts. I can only assume that everyone casting aspertions 2 years ago did indeed know undeniable facts which enabled to make such informed comments. :sarcasm:

The only difference this time around being that Bart is now in the minority and it appears that he may be upsetting a few of the boards personal friends (not talking about you personally, Ivor).

Now please don't take this the wrong way, as I am not saying that what Bart and a couple of others are saying is right or wrong, I'm just pointing out that the TYPE of comments are nothing new around these parts. It seems as though the goalposts have moved as to what is an acceptable argument and what is guessing.

It's human nature, I guess. Life will roll on regardless....

I take your point. That`s fair comment. Unfortunately I only came on this forum last year, so I don`t know that history that you and Bart are talking about. And I guess you`re right about the human nature bit. Human nature has a lot to answer for, doesn`t it?

Forty20

First Grade
I take your point. That`s fair comment. Unfortunately I only came on this forum last year, so I don`t know that history that you and Bart are talking about. And I guess you`re right about the human nature bit. Human nature has a lot to answer for, doesn`t it?

Don't get me started on their Motown album...

eels81236

Bench

Communism works in theory.

eels81236

Bench
I've got absolutely no problem with any of that. Happy for justified criticism to be thrown at the current board when it's warranted, and there have been examples where that has been the case.
However, some of the criticism has not only bordered on hysterical, it has crossed the line.
It is then that I take umbrage.

Suity

Just so we are clear... I'm not talking about Bart in particular. He was just a catalist for discussion in the middle of a Chris Walker thread. Sorry people. Last post.

I agree some of it has. I will also reitterate (sp?) that this is nothing new. The aspertions are just being made about different targets.

We will have to stop agreeing. I might actually enjoy walking to the bar and getting a middy of shandy for you one day.:lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
Just so we are clear... I'm not talking about Bart in particular. He was just a catalist for discussion in the middle of a Chris Walker thread.

Well, I was. You're right about a catalist though. Bart has been the major protaginist in this hysteria, and has rarely backed it up with fact. Furthermore, he has taken offence on many occassions when challenged on this very issue, and resorts to the old freedom of speech crap in defence.
Ultimately, he is just a broken record stating the same old sh*t all the time. Boring. That's just my opinion though.

I agree some of it has. I will also reitterate (sp?) that this is nothing new. The aspertions are just being made about different targets.

I agree with that as well. Ultimately, there are a heap of people on this board who can discuss issues rationally. They are logical, calm and balanced. There are also those who are just losers. Then there are those in between who are just knobheads out for a fight.

We will have to stop agreeing. I might actually enjoy walking to the bar and getting a middy of shandy for you one day.:lol:

Actually, if you do that, I'll give you a fiver and make sure it's a full strength. :lol:

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Oh dear. Perhaps I should have said "stopped being a factor in the minds of most sensible people"?

The current Board's crusade against older employees has left it open to accusations of having a ridiculous axe to grind. (Personally I think that was more about a scummy HR tactic to erode the existing workers' conditions and rights, and replace them with new cheaper "recruits", a tactic I personally would never choose to vote for.)

Latest posts