What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have signed Chris Walker

lingard

Coach
The Colonel has given us vague hints about Humble. He could be playing first-grade, he could be off the bench, he could be playing NSW Cup. Time will tell.

True, Boxhead, but if the Colonel knows something, I need to find out now. I`m as excited about Tom Humble as you are about Daniel Mortimer. I came home from a hard day at work expecting to hear some news, and all I get is "the Colonel could be talking sh*t" - and no denials on his part. Come on, Colonel, tell us what`s happening; I can`t take it anymore! :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Because Lord knows Daniel Anderson couldn`t. (Maybe the board`s already done something in that regard.)
On an anti-DA crusade now lingard? Whatever floats your boat - but I wonder who'll be to blame when we can't blame Hagan, Fitzy, or DA...

Stagger eel

Staff member
True, Boxhead, but if the Colonel knows something, I need to find out now. I`m as excited about Tom Humble as you are about Daniel Mortimer. I came home from a hard day at work expecting to hear some news, and all I get is "the Colonel could be talking sh*t" - and no denials on his part. Come on, Colonel, tell us what`s happening; I can`t take it anymore! :lol:

the colonel's not talking sh*t, I'd put my house on that one..

Stagger eel

Staff member
On an anti-DA crusade now lingard? Whatever floats your boat - but I wonder who'll be to blame when we can't blame Hagan, Fitzy, or DA...

you're going on as if our current board and CEO have missed out on all the fun??

bartman

Immortal
There's a way to go yet Stags before the current board and CEO get the same amount of "fun" as was directed to the previous board/s two years ago.

I find the resistance in these parts to giving our new crew anywhere near the analysis and accountability that was given to the old crew quite... interesting. The emperor's new clothes in effect?

Stagger eel

Staff member
There's a way to go yet Stags before the current board and CEO get the same amount of "fun" as was directed to the previous board/s two years ago.

I find the resistance in these parts to giving our new crew anywhere near the analysis and accountability that was given to the old crew quite... interesting. The emperor's new clothes in effect?

I think given the short space of time that they've been at the helm they certainly haven't been let off by many here and I think you'll find Bartman that every poster here acknowledges the fact that certain decisions and methods used by our management team have alot to be desired, particularly with the DA saga, however having said that not enough credit has been made about the increase of membership, sponsorship and season ticket holders since their inception..

born an eel

Bench
I think given the short space of time that they've been at the helm they certainly haven't been let off by many here and I think you'll find Bartman that every poster here acknowledges the fact that certain decisions and methods used by our management team have alot to be desired, particularly with the DA saga, however having said that not enough credit has been made about the increase of membership, sponsorship and season ticket holders since their inception..
I don't buy my season tickets because of who sits on the board, I buy my tickets to watch the players not the board.
AS most Sydney clubs increased their membership last year, was this also on the back of our new board or was it because the NRL ran a promotional campaign.
I will say though that the new family ticket in all areas is a good idea and hope to benefit from this in the future. Unfortunately some people will abuse it and I hope it doesn't mean that families miss out on the benefits.

It will be interest to see how future negotiations with major sponsors go when we have sponsors on the board.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't buy my season tickets because of who sits on the board, I buy my tickets to watch the players not the board.
AS most Sydney clubs increased their membership last year, was this also on the back of our new board or was it because the NRL ran a promotional campaign.
I will say though that the new family ticket in all areas is a good idea and hope to benefit from this in the future. Unfortunately some people will abuse it and I hope it doesn't mean that families miss out on the benefits.

It will be interest to see how future negotiations with major sponsors go when we have sponsors on the board.

I'm not suggesting that for one moment, but given that there is an increase of new business and some credit and I stress some credit has to go to the hard work of those in the office, understanding ofcourse that it was assisted by the NRL promotion and the back of the success in 09.

mickdo

Coach
Didn't you get the memo Stags? You're not allowed to say anything positive about the board in here anymore :lol:

lingard

Coach

So, continually calling them 'cowboys and clowns' is 'analysis and accountability'? :sarcasm: The problem is, Bart, you haven`t offered any analysis based on fact.

lingard

Coach

Not in the slightest. Fortunately I`m able to see that Anderson had some very good points as well as some not so good ones. My main problem with Daniel Anderson was that he kept selecting Mortimer in first grade, but at the same time was unable to coach any improvement into him. Now, some people have implied that Anderson wasn`t the one who was selecting Mortimer - that it was 'the board' who was selecting him. If that could be proven to be true, I would decry the board and I would think that was possibly the most stupid and irresponsible act I have ever seen from a football organisation. BUT there has been no proof of this. Just a few people 'implying' and 'theorising' about what is really a fairly improbable scenario. So, for the moment at least, I`m thinking that the head coach of the first grade team probably selected the team on a weekly basis. In which case, I think Anderson failed at improving Daniel Mortimer`s playing form. Don`t go saying I`m on an anti-Anderson crusade - that`s just grasping at tiny little straws, Bart. And, in answer to your last question, I think there is a level of blame to be attached to Hagan, Fitzgerald and Anderson. Maybe to Brian Smith as well. All of them had their good points and all of them failed in some areas. What`s your point?

lingard

Coach
the colonel's not talking sh*t, I'd put my house on that one..

I`m not saying he is. I just want to know what 'watch this space' means in relation to Tom Humble maybe being the next one in line for a backline spot. And in conjunction with what you said about Mortimer having more of an impact on the team than Humble next year, I assume that either one or both of you has heard something in that regard. Please share it with us, Stagger. Please?

eels81236

Bench
I`m not saying he is. I just want to know what 'watch this space' means in relation to Tom Humble maybe being the next one in line for a backline spot. And in conjunction with what you said about Mortimer having more of an impact on the team than Humble next year, I assume that either one or both of you has heard something in that regard. Please share it with us, Stagger. Please?

Begging?