What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We signed Groat

redVpride

Juniors
The crap on this thread IMO beggars belief
The kid is 22, 113 kg and 190 cm
He played Aussie schoolboys with Jack Stockwell who rates him and played U18's Origin for NSW
A tough country kid who trained at St Gregory's knows how to play the game

Sheens debuted him far too early in the NRL at barely 20 and he's has a bad run with injury
Look at what he's done and do some research before shit canning what is a judicious and potentially great selection
totally agree Cagey Mac and hes been playing well in the lower grades not to mention we were a bit light up front

to_ddeath

Coach
Apparently every single signing we make has to be a superstar who costs over 400K.

Not necessarily. However this kid was getting $140k at the Tigs which is well over what I or most on here would expect us to pay for Groat, surely he's on a sub 100k deal....Top 25 filler only from what I've seen of him. Many of our dumber fans will build him up as our front-rower equivalent of Drinkwater for 2014. He simply isn't above average. Hence the 1 year deal.

T.

big pat

Coach
very interesting about matthews, thought he may have tried looking elsewhere, supercoach didn't rate him that much, i think one game he got about 10mins, maybe he thinks they've diced price, and someone else is coming in.

The Nick

Bench
Excuse my ignorance but wasn't Groat rated at some stage as being one of the best young front row prospects in the game? I'm sure I read some big wraps on him, although admittedly I haven't seen the kid play...

Father Ted

First Grade
I think you are on the money sheens always had a big opinion of young groats plus sheens is trying to come to a pay out with the tigers

So is Groat coming an indicator that Sheens is also? Hmmmmmmmm Stay tuned for our next episode of Annie Oatley grabbed my weapon

mmap dragons

Juniors
Excuse my ignorance but wasn't Groat rated at some stage as being one of the best young front row prospects in the game? I'm sure I read some big wraps on him, although admittedly I haven't seen the kid play...

Not an ignorant comment at all. Groat and Woods played in the Tigpies 20's and Groat was rated a better prospect than Woods. I also believe Groat made his top grade debut before Woods.

Mind you though, He has a face only a mother could love:shock:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Not an ignorant comment at all. Groat and Woods played in the Tigpies 20's and Groat was rated a better prospect than Woods. I also believe Groat made his top grade debut before Woods.

Where has he been the last few years?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Well if he was regarded as highly as Woods and has been injured, then this could be a great buy

hardbaby

Coach
I'm not unhappy with this signing. He is a big talent. Seems a bit gun shy. Hasn't really made his mark yet. But maybe, just maybe, he could turn out well. If the money was right, he is probably worth the gamble. It's pretty obvious that the Dragons are going to make a huge play at a monster prop for 2015. I reckon we'll get Matulino.

jenninga

First Grade
I'm not unhappy with this signing. He is a big talent. Seems a bit gun shy. Hasn't really made his mark yet. But maybe, just maybe, he could turn out well. If the money was right, he is probably worth the gamble. It's pretty obvious that the Dragons are going to make a huge play at a monster prop for 2015. I reckon we'll get Matulino.

Not mongrel?

Vic Mackey

Referee

LOL there isn't a single person in the world who ever rated groat ahead of woods, woods has been ear marked by the tigers since he was 14. They only ever played 1 20s game together and woods debuted in firt grade well before groat, would have before fifita if it wasn't for injury too.

Not a critisicm of groat, I think he could be a decent signing for you guys. Was thrown in way too early by sheens and his confidence took a battering. This year Ava seumanifagi and Jesse sue have over taken him and Taupau has been signed so he probably sees more of a chance at saints, good luck to him, I hope he goes well.

But to say he was rate higher then woods is 100% wrong

jenninga

First Grade
LOL there isn't a single person in the world who ever rated groat ahead of woods, woods has been ear marked by the tigers since he was 14. They only ever played 1 20s game together and woods debuted in firt grade well before groat, would have before fifita if it wasn't for injury too.

Not a critisicm of groat, I think he could be a decent signing for you guys. Was thrown in way too early by sheens and his confidence took a battering. This year Ava seumanifagi and Jesse sue have over taken him and Taupau has been signed so he probably sees more of a chance at saints, good luck to him, I hope he goes well.

But to say he was rate higher then woods is 100% wrong

Gee,that's bad news because Woods is crap.

Latest posts