What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We signed Groat

DragonBuck

Juniors
Poor Matthews is destined for another season of being 18th man. Coach Price is so committed to the same team playing "Dragons Footy" that he's re signed his bridesmaid. Hopefully the poor bugger will get more of a go after rd 6.

And Groat, seriously WTF?? If that's the biggest most aggressive prop we can attract we are totally f#$&ed!!!

Poor Matthews is destined for another season of being 18th man. Coach Price is so committed to the same team playing "Dragons Footy" that he's re signed his bridesmaid. Hopefully the poor bugger will get more of a go after rd 6.

And Groat, seriously WTF?? If that's the biggest most aggressive prop we can attract we are totally f#$&ed!!!

....noooo, there's tum-tum Georgie Rosie too.

We can call him ...'hey big fella'

that sort of aggression should scare the bejeeeezus out of the opposition, even before the ball is kicked off.

RedVDave

First Grade
You know your shit when you can't make it as a forward at the Tigpies, disgusting signing the bloke is rubbish.

Thankfully he will only make it as far as the Cutters though.

Minh

First Grade
Wikipeadia says that he's been out injured for season 2013 so I think it's not a matter of being not good enough. Young and big he might go alright if we get the right coach in 2014.

mickeylane

Bench
This is an average signing - all it does is Maintain the "Averageness" in our pack! It's not even a word but the Dragons recruitment deserve the make up
Word as there are no words to describe the crap they recruit.. Will Mathews also a very very average footballer.. Shown nothing all year!

TheRev

First Grade
This is an average signing - all it does is Maintain the "Averageness" in our pack! It's not even a word but the Dragons recruitment deserve the make up
Word as there are no words to describe the crap they recruit.. Will Mathews also a very very average footballer.. Shown nothing all year!
Seems the epic prop that was supposedly in our grasp has fallen through and they have gone for about 6 average ones instead.. gives us some depth, but really needed 1 more superstar in our roster.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The kid is a good get, still very young and wouldn't be taking up much cap space so there's plenty of upside if he performs well.

macnaz

Staff member
He's a good pick up guys. He is only young and hasnt reached his best form yet so I think he will end up a quality player.

Godz Illa

Coach
You know your shit when you can't make it as a forward at the Tigpies
Like Fifita, for example?

I agree with macnaz. A much better signing than George Rose. A big unit with his best football ahead of him (unlike gorgeous george).

Similar to signings like Mata'utia and Farrell - talented young players with rep honours at youth level, looking for an opportunity. It's a good strategy

RedVDave

First Grade

I agree with macnaz. A much better signing than George Rose. A big unit with his best football ahead of him (unlike gorgeous george).

Similar to signings like Mata'utia and Farrell - talented young players with rep honours at youth level, looking for an opportunity. It's a good strategy

Fifta made it but was cut by Sheenius because he thought Blair was better lol, plus there was talk of a division within the players and what not.

Cagey Mac

Bench
The crap on this thread IMO beggars belief
The kid is 22, 113 kg and 190 cm
He played Aussie schoolboys with Jack Stockwell who rates him and played U18's Origin for NSW
A tough country kid who trained at St Gregory's knows how to play the game

Sheens debuted him far too early in the NRL at barely 20 and he's has a bad run with injury
Look at what he's done and do some research before shit canning what is a judicious and potentially great selection

Smurf

Juniors
The crap on this thread IMO beggars belief
The kid is 22, 113 kg and 190 cm
He played Aussie schoolboys with Jack Stockwell who rates him and played U18's Origin for NSW
A tough country kid who trained at St Gregory's knows how to play the game

Sheens debuted him far too early in the NRL at barely 20 and he's has a bad run with injury
Look at what he's done and do some research before shit canning what is a judicious and potentially great selection

Thank you for the insight
Great news
I still believe we are two signings short
The obvious one - New Coach
Experienced tough forward - a Jeremy Smith type

He looks a bit injury prone to me Godz and he's not quite what we need to make an instant impact. But better than Rose by about a galaxy.

I think you're being a bit kind to Mata'utai though dude. Nailed on reserve grader and a different calibre of signing to Farrell who surely we're expecting to be a first grader for the next three years. If Farrell doesn't cut it at that level and Mata'utai plays more than a few games during SOO or covering for a proper player's (short term please Allah) injury, uh oh.

jenninga

First Grade

And I agree with the Godz,we need a coach who can bring the best out of these players.Look at Farrell,given a go lately and has been superb.

Groat is another 2nd tier signing, but we are still short a quality forward or 2 to enable us to compete with the top 4 sides.

If there's to be no further new signings for next year, maybe we need to hold onto guys like Prior to be in the mix for the 8 in 2014.

redVpride

Juniors
hi guys i mentioned the signing of Groat the other day in the george rose thread (and got told by one its a no go hmmm) but i can tell you he had the choice of the cowboys,rabbitts and the DRAGONS and chose us hes very keen to make an impact at the DRAGONS and am friends with people who are close to him who have told me he has groat sorry great potential ...fingers crossed time will tell have a great day fellow dragons :)

Latest posts