What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We the 2013 Cronulla Sharks make the Top 8?

fizman

Bench
We have the remaining games ahead -

Broncos AWAY
Roosters AWAY
Panthers HOME
Warriors AWAY
Knights HOME
Dragons AWAY
Roosters HOME
Cowboys HOME
Raiders AWAY

My view is that we will MISS the playoffs. If that were to happen, does this put Flanagan's position under threat?

Having finished the season in 7th place last year, and will a much improved playing group it would be a major disappointment not to make the playoffs.

I would like to hear what others are thinking in terms of where we will finish.

Ausguy

Coach
Only need 4 wins. The Brisbane game is important. Every game is but that will be a game that is a must not drop IMO.

Flanno is safe. Half the team have clauses if he is gone.

Since 73

First Grade
We the 2013 Cronulla Sharks make the Top 8?
we don't need no education.

Will finish 6th.

Get beaten by Souffs in the GF.

Peachey will seek a release from his pennies contract.

John Morris will take Cam Smith's spot in the world cup.

Flanno will win Dancing with the Stars.

ghoti

Bench
Look at the ladder...teams on 18 points (we're on 20 in fifth) all the way down to 10th, most of those haven't had their second bye and we'd be sitting on 9th if the bye points were awarded today.

We could probably get away with 4 wins to sneak into the 8, but we need six to be in a good position for the finals. Roosters x2, Warriors Away and the Knights might be the ones we drop.

We can't limp into the finals again though. Need Gal, Lewie and Gordon to heal up and sort out our attack in the three-quarters for us to be a genuine threat.

RgSharks

Juniors
If we are serious in 2013 we should win 7 out of the 9.

Broncos AWAY - should win this. They aren't crash hot and are even worse with not Hodges.
Roosters AWAY - Will be tough but we aim up against the top teams usually. Might be a close loss.
Panthers HOME - Must win this game. They are going well but if we have our full team fit we should out class them.
Warriors AWAY - They will be tough over there but we flogged them there last year. Might be another close loss.
Knights HOME - Should beat them at home. They are not going that good. The first game against them turned our season around.
Dragons AWAY - If we don't beat them then we shouldn't be near the top 8. The will be pumped for the local derby but we should be pumped and want to get the them back for earlier in the year.
Roosters HOME - If we lost to them the first time, we should get them the 2nd. Same as the rabbitohs.
Cowboys HOME - Must win. They are going like a busted.
Raiders AWAY - We've beaten them already this year, must do it again.

Roosters are not as good as everyone is going on about. The only top 4 team they have beaten is and under strength Manly.

Surely

Post Whore
Roosters have the best defence in the comp, and we can't put points on those with the worst.

They will touch us up both games.

fizman

Bench
we don't need no education.

Will finish 6th.

Get beaten by Souffs in the GF.

Peachey will seek a release from his pennies contract.

John Morris will take Cam Smith's spot in the world cup.

Flanno will win Dancing with the Stars.

Haha...Fair Call - a dreadful use of the English language.

It was a typing error though.

Windy70

Juniors
Am expecting a 6 or 7th place finish. Have a bet on us to finish top 4 which would be a good pay out.

We should win 5 or 6 more. Leave us mid field maybe.

eddiesmith

Juniors
I have us finishing about 5th, hard to catch Manly as they have a very good draw

If my ladder predictor is correct, the 8th team and our opponents week 1 will change 3 times in rd 26

I can see us winning all 4 remaining home games plus the Stains game in the Gong. As usual it will be survival of the fittest and least injured, we've got the ability, just need to stay injury free.

After watching most games this season, including our own .....
Unless Lewis and Faita return from Origin unscathed, Ryan and Gordon are fit, and either Mills or Pom show a lot more than theyve shown so far in our backline, I can very easily predict us losing our next 5!
Lets hope the above paragraph comes to be or that my prediction is way off:eek:

chewsta

First Grade
Just win and keep winning! Every year we start worrying about wether we can make it mathematically. Just once id like to see us fire at the right end of the season and not have to worry about other results.

Latest posts