What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We the 2013 Cronulla Sharks make the Top 8?

Card Shark

Immortal
I wanna go to Canberra in rd 26 with a top 5 spot secured & the Raiders needing to win to progress......& we put em to the sword!

Card Shark

Immortal
Not unless you are a qld, Victorian, ACT or hunter team

Ideally wanna be playing in Sydney V 1 of those teams to get better home city advantage.

webShark

There is no home games in semis anymore carch

5th to 8th is a waste of time. Prolongs the agony and indicates you have had an acceptable year. Reality is we are no chance if outside Top 4. Roosters a good example. Couple of bad years. New coach. Sign 3 guns and may take out the comp.

Someone remind me of our plan. Oh just remembered, try and play 13 versatile back rowers. That will do the trick.

Card Shark

Immortal
5th to 8th is a waste of time.

Disagree. Come 5th or 6th & get a "home" final. Win that & then playing a top 4 team who has just had a loss. Granted, it's on their home ground but if that was Roosters, Rabbits or Manly (for example this year), it would not be so bad.

Ausguy

Coach
I don't think it makes a difference. I don't think we have the mental toughness to win the big one anyway.

I reckon if we made the gf the pressure to break he drought would see the team freeze up.

Just imagine us v Melbourne...... Scary

Eion

First Grade
It's possible 26 points will make the 8 if the top 3 continue to win. We will make the 8.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The key to success is momentum. You need to go into the semis on a roll. I can see the Sharks winning half the remaining games but they'll probably do it in dribs and drabs to scrape in at the bottom of the 8.

I'd like to see them go in with a 4 or 5 game winning streak but have doubts they can do that.

Quigs

Immortal
The way I see it ... well hope it pans out this way.

We don't get anymore serious injuries to key players. Our currently injured players gradually come back fit and healthy near the backend of the season.

It will be a bonus.

We enter the 8 in the top four (know I'm dreaming)

We give the finals a bit of a shake but hey - we just don't have the cattle to win the big one.

But it should be fun living north of the Tweed around that time of the year. I've got a sneaky suspicion that this year might see for the first time (I think) that there might not be a Qld team in the top 8.

It is going to be very interesting to wonder around and see what default jersey the Queenslanders are wearing in September. The old " I always followed ????" will be heard far and wide.

carinashark

First Grade
I can see us missing out on the eight. Those early losses to the Titans ect. Plus Beau , Lutelee and Gal being out or bent from SSO will cost us. In future we must prepare for SSO by recruiting more Kiwis and doing what Manly dose ie fake injuries to prevent selection.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
f**k me some of you blokes are pessimistic.

With Toddy in the team I believe we have won 8 and lost 4, with two of those being Storm and Wabbits.

My prediction

Broncos AWAY - Win
Roosters AWAY - Loss
Panthers HOME - Win
Warriors AWAY - Loss
Knights HOME - Win
Dragons AWAY - Win
Roosters HOME - Win
Cowboys HOME - Win
Raiders AWAY - Who the f**k knows.

We will finish 5th.

Card Shark

Immortal
On our draw we should, but don't forget...........we are the Sharks.

Yep, every other year we would f**k up & waste our good draw.

This year I'm confident we will win the games we should + steal 1 from the Rorters, pretty much what the Phstman reckons.

Card Shark

Immortal
I can see us missing out on the eight. Those early losses to the Titans ect..

You mean the Eels & Dragons.

I can forgive them for those losses. That was in the height of the ASADA crap, after the gutsy effort in the first 3 rounds to win a couple.

The fact we are where we are is a miracle really. We are where I hoped to be before the ASADA stuff, just need to keep going, for once!!