What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We will win 5 from the next 6 games

TheParraboy

Staff member
Fearless and accurate prediction,

We will be on 22 competition points end of rd 18

thank you very much :cool:

Our next 6 games

Raiders (h)
Tigers (ANZ)
Sharks (a)
Storm (h) - State of origin players rested
Panthers (h)
Souths (ANZ)

Lets see how accurate I get :)

:crazy:

bartman

Immortal
Surely we're going to follow up on the good overall team performance against the Broncs by putting it through Canberra?

Tigers-Sharks-Storm stretch will test us, but if we go into it with momentum and confidence up from another great performance (and hopefully win) this week, then TPB's prediction might not be too far wrong? I still think we can scrape into the 8 this year...

Redback71

First Grade
if we can muscle up verse sharks defence wise then we should win as they do struggle to score points at times.

i think the tigers and panthers may beat us though.

But should we really be scraping in?

With the amount of surgery and off season issues, I am not surprised, but I guess it was how we lost that annoyed everyone.

If everyone had been ready to go round 1, and we had stuck with the team that would be a different story.

I was talking to a club official from another club who's club didn't make the finals after a very good run into the Finals the year before and he told me, they were happy to start getting the surgery and rehab out of the way in the first week of the Finals because next year would start well if everything went to plain.

Nickeel

Juniors
Surely we're going to follow up on the good overall team performance against the Broncs by putting it through Canberra?

Tigers-Sharks-Storm stretch will test us, but if we go into it with momentum and confidence up from another great performance (and hopefully win) this week, then TPB's prediction might not be too far wrong? I still think we can scrape into the 8 this year...

I honestly think we will do better than scraping in. The Top 8 is quite bunched. Mind you, we'd want to get moving as of this Saturday.

Here's hoping.

Nick

bartman

Immortal
But should we really be scraping in?
Obviously not. But we are where we are, and everyone is only as good as their last game... and our was quite OK.

It's taken us longer than it should have, but a repeat performance on Saturday could show we are (finally) ready to compete in this season. It'll need to be a pretty consistent run between now and finals time, as the only thing counting against us is that we've already used two byes to be in the ladder position we are.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Fearless and accurate prediction,

We will be on 22 competition points end of rd 18

thank you very much :cool:

Our next 6 games

Raiders (h)
Tigers (ANZ)
Sharks (a)
Panthers (h)
Souths (ANZ)

Lets see how accurate I get :)

:crazy:

This is my prediction

Raiders (h) WIN
Tigers (ANZ) LOSE
Sharks (a) LOSE
Storm (h) - State of origin players rested WIN
Panthers (h)LOSE
Souths (ANZ) LOSE

bartman

Immortal
If we win this weekend v Raiders, then I'll take the rest of these as wins, except one of Sharks or Storm.

But if we get beat by Canberra, then we will fall apart and lose all six imo :lol:.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Raiders (h)
Tigers (ANZ)
Sharks (a)
Panthers (h)
Souths (ANZ)

If we manage 4 from 6 then we're at 8 wins 8 losses!

I'll predict:

Raiders (h) WIN 32-10
Tigers (ANZ) WIN 24-16
Sharks (a) LOSS 16-14
Storm (h) WIN 36-6
Panthers (h) WIN 28-20
Souths (ANZ) WIN 34-18

9 wins, 7 losses, +26 differential :shock:

I'm happy to let the optimism fly at the moment! Nothing to base it on - but you'll come grovelling to me for the margins in a few weeks time!

eel4life

Juniors
We have to take it 1 game at a time, and to tell you the truth if we play like we did last week we will be ok this week but are we going to play like that ?? thats the million dollar question ...

:lol:

Last year it was players wives having babies. :lol:

Suity

As to a reason for Fitness or percieved lack of it yes, this year I am talking about consistancy. There has been no consitancy in the side at all over the first 10 games. As far as I can there wont be for the next few either.

parra pete

Referee
The Eels have great record against Tigers - I think last five games = wins
and Cronulla at Endeavour Park the Eels also have a good record (better than @ Cumberland anyway). I think it is four wins @ Endeavour also from last four starts...
The match on Saturday against Raiders has me worried, especially with David having been in charge of the Green Machine training this week with Henry away on SOO duties.

stuke

Bench
I was talking to a club official from another club who's club didn't make the finals after a very good run into the Finals the year before and he told me, they were happy to start getting the surgery and rehab out of the way in the first week of the Finals because next year would start well if everything went to plain.

the surgery and rehab wasn't the problem. it was the guys making fools of themselves on the drink. imagine what they could have achieved with another month of drink under their belt!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Eels have great record against Tigers - I think last five games = wins
and Cronulla at Endeavour Park the Eels also have a good record (better than @ Cumberland anyway). I think it is four wins @ Endeavour also from last four starts...
The match on Saturday against Raiders has me worried, especially with David having been in charge of the Green Machine training this week with Henry away on SOO duties.

I am well aware of our great record against the Sharks away. But I feel that the Sharks will be a lot tougher than in previous years and I can feel them starting to mount something. They are usually falling away at this point in the season and we are coming home strong. I think this year will be different.

We also have the wood over the Tigers in recent times but they are travelling along nicely and will hit their straps soon.