What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcke - How many weeks

The_Coach

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
yes he does. The league judiciary has gone crazy with dangerous throws the past 5 yrs. He was picked up and let go. If he held onto him and drove him like a Bai/Kearney then he should be suspended...but he didnt.

:rolleyes:

renouf

Juniors
It was dangerous there is no doubt about that, he didn't drive him into the ground though he pulled out of it and with a good record I can't see him missing more then a week. He did get him into a dangerous position and lifted above the horizontal so thats why he has a case to answer.

Shifty

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
letting them go is alot better than driving their head into china.
Webcke is not the worlds strongest man...he cant stop a 90kg man from falling once put into that position.

Better, but not by much, letting go doesn't help James Webster in any way. If Webcke had made an attempt to stop the player from falling straight down then it may have counted in his favour, dropping the player cold should count against him.

Though unintentional, he managed to get him into that position, surely he could have done something to slow his fall.

The Colonel

Immortal
I didn't have a problem with his initial tackle. The problem IMO came from when he let go. No one had a good hold of the player and it could have ended up a lot worse than it did. The problem is now the players automatic reaction is to not go on with the tackle and let go - that could have far worse results.

Webcke might get a week - Woolford's tackle was 3 weeks with loading. He'll get the seven year discount but he still might get a week at the worst.

Kiwi

First Grade
The_Coach said:
Yeah but here is a question for you Broncos supporters.

Do you think that Webke deserves to get away with no suspension for that tackle? Take away all this loading and deductions garbage. Take away this cleanskin and repeat offender crap. Just on the merit of that tackle alone, does he deserve to get off?

What is the point of asking that? He'll get 0 - 2 weeks because of his clean record, thats a fact, Stevens and Woolford got more because of their poor record, another fact.

I can't answer your question, because I think the record of a player should have a big influence on how many weeks he gets.

The_Coach

Juniors
Kiwi said:
What is the point of asking that? He'll get 0 - 2 weeks because of his clean record, thats a fact, Stevens and Woolford got more because of their poor record, another fact.

I can't answer your question, because I think the record of a player should have a big influence on how many weeks he gets.

The reason i ask the question is to see if you Broncos supporters can admit the tackle was illegal and it deserves a week or two on the sidelines.

You see i don't think players records should effect suspension. Every tackle should be viewed on its merits and punished accordingly.

Mr Saab

Referee
The_Coach said:
The reason i ask the question is to see if you Broncos supporters can admit the tackle was illegal and it deserves a week or two on the sidelines.

You see i don't think players records should effect suspension. Every tackle should be viewed on its merits and punished accordingly.

under the current rules the tackle is illegal yes...i can admit that,
But
A player has no record after 11 yrs then it has to have some bearing.

salivor

First Grade
The_Coach said:

Just about every Broncos fan here has said he'll get a couple of weeks so I don't know what more there is to admit. Your hopes and dreams along with your question are irrelevant to the debate of what suspension if any Webcke will get.

Kiwi

First Grade
The_Coach said:

I disagree there. What if you get a player who cotinually goes high in a manner worthy of 2 weeks a time. Do we wait for him to seriously hurt someone before we punish him harshly, or do we punish him as a repeat offender and force him to clean up his act? Whats 6 weeks to a player who has done 3 high tackles in a year? Nothings, it's a rest. 2 then 3 then 5 and suddenly it's 10 weeks for the year and the players thinking he needs to fix the problem.

Lets say the Eels Nathan Hindmarsh commits the same offence as repeat offender Simon Woolford. It's Hindmarsh's 1st or 2nd time in his career he has commited the offence, it's Woolfords 10th, fair that Hindmarsh is judged as harshly as Woolford?

Foz

Bench
I thought Webcke mightn't cop a suspension because he'd get a downgrade because of his good record.
I'm not real sure where his hands were in the tackle though. I know he pulled out at the finish but that first part of the tackle.
Might be enough to get him a week but it wouldn't hurt the Broncos to give him a week off anyway. In fact it would do him good.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
hahahaha it boils down to this

either your a broncos fan and you think webcke should of gotten off

anyone else and you think its a rort

salivor

First Grade
Bulldog Power said:
hahahaha it boils down to this

either your a broncos fan and you think webcke should of gotten off

anyone else and you think its a rort

Your the third Bulldogs fan I've come across in 24 hours that can't read, it's become an epidemic.

melon....

Coach
Foz said:
I thought Webcke mightn't cop a suspension because he'd get a downgrade because of his good record.
I'm not real sure where his hands were in the tackle though. I know he pulled out at the finish but that first part of the tackle.
Might be enough to get him a week but it wouldn't hurt the Broncos to give him a week off anyway. In fact it would do him good.
he had one hand under the legs...between them actually...thats the arm he pulled away, coz he knew he was in the sh*t.

salivor

First Grade
Bulldog Power said:
salivor please explain

I've only counted one Broncos fan here who has said he wouldn't face a suspension. Considering the amount of people who have offered their opinions, your drawing a very long bow there.

salivor

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
i am that "fan" and i was proved right.

I wasn't having a go at you, your entiltled to your opinion, it's just that yours is obviously the only one Bulldog Power took the time to read.

Mr Saab

Referee
yeah its all good...i am not fussed at all. I know i stir things up on here from time to time.
Bulldog power should read and not take me as the sole bronco fan as i am not.

salivor

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
yeah its all good...i am not fussed at all. I know i stir things up on here from time to time.
Bulldog power should read and not take me as the sole bronco fan as i am not.

If you catch many more fish, Africa will never have to go hungry again ;-)

Latest posts