What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcke - How many weeks

skeepe

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
some of you people have NO F'N IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Webcke has a CLEAN record. Stevens doesnt and neither does Woolford.
Webcke will get charged with a grade one...early plea...85 demerit points.
He landed on the point of his shoulder.

Looked identical to Woolford's tackle to me. Woolford's was classified grade 2, Webcke should get the same charge if the judiciary is consistent. 1-2 weeks.

Mr Saab

Referee
skeepe said:
Looked identical to Woolford's tackle to me. Woolford's was classified grade 2, Webcke should get the same charge if the judiciary is consistent. 1-2 weeks.

Pont of contact was the same yes..i agree there. they landed on their shoulders.
But.
Webcke let go whereas woolford didnt. McCallum and his boys will take that into consideration.
Webcke will get 0 weeks and 80-90 demerit points.

salivor

First Grade
I wouldn't be comparing it to Woolford who kept going through the tackle with force, thats what got him the lengthy suspension whereas in the Stevens incident and now Webcke's both realised the dangerous situation the tackle had got into and let go.

Nothing like Woolfords. Hand was between legs and got Webster to almost vertical. He certainly pulled out of the tackle when he realised where he was, but simply dropped him on his head/shoulders. No issue with whether he pulled out, but surely dropping the bloke on his head can be just as dangerous

JJ

Immortal
has to get a few to be consistent - but I agree with Gould, Bennett et al that things have gone way overboard....

Mr Saab

Referee
steaming stormer said:
Nothing like Woolfords. Hand was between legs and got Webster to almost vertical. He certainly pulled out of the tackle when he realised where he was, but simply dropped him on his head/shoulders. No issue with whether he pulled out, but surely dropping the bloke on his head can be just as dangerous

it is, and he was put into a dangerous position. However with not being suspended in 11 yrs as a front rower (played some 2nd row early on) his good record "should" see him escape a suspension with an early plea.

I have no problem with that Charlie, i was more referring to the posts comparing it to Woolfords. In one way it was worse (hands between legs), but in another it wasn't as bad (pulled out of the tackle).

Be interesting to see the grading...

Kiwi

First Grade
steaming stormer said:

For sure which is why he'll get 1 or 2 weeks for it. Probably 1 because of his clean record. If Webcke hadn't let him go it could have been much much worse, whilst the tackle wasn't right, and illegal, Webcke did the right thing and let him go immediately.

Mr Saab

Referee
steaming stormer said:
I have no problem with that Charlie, i was more referring to the posts comparing it to Woolfords. In one way it was worse (hands between legs), but in another it wasn't as bad (pulled out of the tackle).

Be interesting to see the grading...

ok...gotcha.

and yes the grading will be interesting...as will OMeleys high tackle friday night. These 2 players have a HUGE bearing on the game this friday night

The_Coach

Juniors
Bennett and Gould have a right to whinge about the MRC charging players for tackles that aren't bad, but Webke's tackle is not such a case. It was bad!

The MRC has stated that pulling out of the tackle (or dropping them on their head in this case) means nothing. The fact that you lifted and got the player into a dangerous position is the issue.

It should be a grade 3. He will take the early plea and get 1-2 weeks. It he gets no suspension at all then the system is a joke............ wait it already is.

Mr Saab

Referee
grade 3? :rolleyes: then what was woolfords?
what was kearney/bai?
grade 10s?
Wake up to yourself. Dont let your hatred of the broncos cloud your judgment.

The_Coach

Juniors
I don't hate the Broncos. Obviously the MRC are more lenient then i'm aware of.

What were Stevens and Woolford charged with?

I just don't see the point of just handing out grade 1 charges to everyone and they take the early plea and get no suspension. If they get charged it should be a minimum 1 week suspension, no matter what the charge.

Mr Saab

Referee
the MRC know whats going on. They are not nuffies.
Stevens got 2 weeks because of his BAD record
Woolford got 8 weeks because of hi BAD record
the MRC do look at a persons history and webcke has been a clean skin for 11 yrs.
No way was that a grade 3. grade 1 more like it and he wont get a week.
Webster landed on the point of his shoulder...not his head...big difference

lockyno1

Post Whore
It was similar to Steven's tackle. With the early plea he will escape suspension. I don't remember him ever being charged so he will get the 25% discount for 5 years incident free if I am not wrong as well. You have to remember both Stevens and Woolford have shocking records! Stevens would have got off without any priors, and Woolford would have got 1 week without any priors. They only have themselves to blame! Webcke does not have many priors if any at all!

Shifty

Juniors
Webcke letting go at the point he did is almost as bad as driving in the tackle, very dangerous letting someone fall straight on their head and not even trying to lessen the impact.

Webcke has a very clean record and will not get more than 2 weeks and even though he should miss at least one week, there's every chance he will get off altogether.

It will be disappointing if O'Meley and Webcke don't play......it would put beyond doubt the fact that Webcke has lost the mantle of No.1 Prop.

Mr Saab

Referee
Shifty said:
Webcke letting go at the point he did is almost as bad as driving in the tackle, very dangerous letting someone fall straight on their head and not even trying to lessen the impact.

letting them go is alot better than driving their head into china.
Webcke is not the worlds strongest man...he cant stop a 90kg man from falling once put into that position.

The_Coach

Juniors
Yeah but here is a question for you Broncos supporters.

Do you think that Webke deserves to get away with no suspension for that tackle? Take away all this loading and deductions garbage. Take away this cleanskin and repeat offender crap. Just on the merit of that tackle alone, does he deserve to get off?

Mr Saab

Referee
The_Coach said:
Yeah but here is a question for you Broncos supporters.

Do you think that Webke deserves to get away with no suspension for that tackle? Take away all this loading and deductions garbage. Take away this cleanskin and repeat offender crap. Just on the merit of that tackle alone, does he deserve to get off?

yes he does. The league judiciary has gone crazy with dangerous throws the past 5 yrs. He was picked up and let go. If he held onto him and drove him like a Bai/Kearney then he should be suspended...but he didnt.

Latest posts