What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals v NZW

Black Panther

Juniors
Could just run Peach at 6 and Cogger at 9 if an injury occurs. That’s the good thing about Peachey, he can cover so many positions for us without having to be a star.
He has that bit of X factor every team needs, but you need to also take a few mistakes too. Very elusive around a tired ruck will come in handy against a big Warriors pack.

Iamback

Coach
Could just run Peach at 6 and Cogger at 9 if an injury occurs. That’s the good thing about Peachey, he can cover so many positions for us without having to be a star.
He has that bit of X factor every team needs, but you need to also take a few mistakes too. Very elusive around a tired ruck will come in handy against a big Warriors pack.

That was why my question specifically asked if Cogger was 9 at the time.

If Cogger was classed as hooker at the time. Between him and Peachey hooker is covered

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’ll be disappointed if the Warriors are still in the contest by the time Peachy is required for his spell at dummy half.

We'll be in trouble if this is the case.

It's going to be a tough game. I think I recall Penrith players saying how sore they were after the encounter during magic weekend.

So it's going to be rough and tough. If the Cowsboys threw the kitchen sink at Penrith. The Warriors will throw that + more at us. They will also have the weight and support of a nation, plus many fans whose own team is finished for the year. Typical tall poppy syndrome.

I'm hoping Leota and Fish replicate what they did in the grandfinal against Parramatta. Both have been a little quiet and are due for a big one.

Good to know that the Clearys have engaged Dan Carter for kicking tips too. Nathan's goal kicking hasn't been up to his usual standard.

Tago had a good blow out of the cobwebs last weekend, gee he makes a difference in both attack and defence.

Hopeful that Kenny and Scotty too hotty doesn the same.

Been reading the Warriors forum. Some of very confident. So hello to all reading this from 'across the ditch'. (spoken in a kiwi accent.

This game will possibly be one of the toughest games of the weekend.

#huntinghistory #pantherpride.

Kilkenny

Coach
He hasn't been 'dropped' for that. It's been the plan for Peach to play 14, until Luai comes back.

Goodness me some folks are clutching at straws.
I think if the club were concerned about the actions of Soni Luke they would have imposed some form of sanction over and above the notice of concern from the
NRL. it’s obviously been discussed and I’m sure he has been spoken too to try and ensure he doesn’t leave himself open suggestions of inappropriate behaviour or worse. I think his non selection has nothing to do with the poke in the bum or whatever it was or wasn’t he just isn’t in our best 17 going into the finals.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think if the club were concerned about the actions of Soni Luke they would have imposed some form of sanction over and above the notice of concern from the
NRL. it’s obviously been discussed and I’m sure he has been spoken too to try and ensure he doesn’t leave himself open suggestions of inappropriate behaviour or worse. I think his non selection has nothing to do with the poke in the bum or whatever it was or wasn’t he just isn’t in our best 17 going into the finals.
I have the same thoughts.

The Peach offers better injury cover. Kenny generally plays close to 80 mins each week, and makes the bench more stable in the process.

If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that the Peach will hold a place for the 1st game final series. I would have struggled to believe it.

Hopefully it's a lesson for blokes like Luai who may be eyeing off the big dollars elsewhere.

All that glitters is not gold.

#huntinghistory #pantherpride.

Kilkenny

Coach
You can only select 17 players, no side can cover every potential situation that may arise during the modern game, injury, sin bin or worse a send off. Peachy to me has had a great season, performed beyond anyone’s expectations and is our best option for this weeks game against Warriors. No point even thinking beyond this week, cross that hurdle when we know whether we are playing again next week or go straight to the PF.

Pomoz

Bench
Love him or hate him, Peachey deserves tremendous credit for working hard to get back in shape and into form. He was running like a 20 year old against the Cowboys. Remember he couldn't even get a place in the Tigers team. He must have worked his butt off.

I think he looks better than he did in his first stint here.