What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals v NZW

mxlegend99

Referee
The timing of Soni being dropped suggests one thing. But there's a chance it was for form because he had largely been average this season (aside from glimpses of brilliance) and Ivan never seemed too confident in him.

The real surprise is that he's not even in the extended squad. Ivan would never announce the reason so we will never know.

Personally I think our bench is better with just the one utility player. Our pack looks phenomenal.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
because we were nursing Kenny's injury

Then had a new hooker.

As I said the game post Origin v Dragons
And v Storm down there were the last times we were full strength.

Both times we didn't have a hooker on the bench
Nope nothing to do with Kenny’s injury.

mxlegend99

Referee
If you had of told me at the beginning of the year that I would be excited to see Kenny named as hooker for our first final game, I would have told you that you had rocks in your head, or something worse.
Kenny is proof that we can come around on players we don't rate.

I still think he's very limited in ability compared to others. But his no frills roll in our team works better for some of the others. We've seen Soni Luke and Luke Somerton both come in and ignore the halves and go for themselves at the wrong times. Kenny isn't going to do that. He will feed the ball to the bloke calling for it and let them do what we need them to do.

But also he's just so much better defensively than any of the alternatives. Which is what we can rely on this season. Our attack can run hot and cold. But our defence is nearly always spot on. So even if the attack isn't clicking. We can win a game because of our defence.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Kenny is proof that we can come around on players we don't rate.

I still think he's very limited in ability compared to others. But his no frills roll in our team works better for some of the others. We've seen Soni Luke and Luke Somerton both come in and ignore the halves and go for themselves at the wrong times. Kenny isn't going to do that. He will feed the ball to the bloke calling for it and let them do what we need them to do.

But also he's just so much better defensively than any of the alternatives. Which is what we can rely on this season. Our attack can run hot and cold. But our defence is nearly always spot on. So even if the attack isn't clicking. We can win a game because of our defence.
Shows just how good Api was at playing within himself for the good of the side.

GongPanther

Referee
I love Peach, but he shouldn’t be in our top 17 unless there are injuries.

He doesn’t add anything that Hosking or Garner adds.
For me, Peach I have concerns when he starts. His last two games showed that he can be a liability, and isn't up to the Panther DNA. OK-ish off the bench in 15-20 minute spurts, but not for the long haul.

GongPanther

Referee
No Soni Luke interesting.

1 Dylan Edwards
2 Sunia Turuva
3 Izack Tago
4 Stephen Crichton
5 Brian To'o
6 Jack Cogger
7 Nathan Cleary
8 Moses Leota
9 Mitch Kenny