What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 final v Storm

Snoochies

First Grade
Why can't we beat the Storm.....Why?

History means nothing, 80 minutes is all that matters.....and the fact they cheated us out of a premiership, that history matters. Time to belt the scum.

Noise

Coach
I booked the Adina on Flinders... easy walk to the ground and close to a couple of good pubs and whisky dens.
Dare to dream...
Cheers, will look it up.....if the Escobar's don't come through

Edit: it's sold out, spewing

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
Why can't we beat the Storm.....Why?

History means nothing, 80 minutes is all that matters.....and the fact they cheated us out of a premiership, that history matters. Time to belt the scum.

In our three finals appearances while those merkins were cheating the cap they were the ones who beat us on all occasions, it's about f**king time we took one back.

Happy MEel

First Grade
History also shows that we always fire up against Melbourne in the finals only to cop bullshit refereeing against us.
TBH I thought the same would play out this arvo. We didn’t let that happen and we need to take the same mentality into next week. Let’s win and win well.

Bazal

Post Whore
Realistically, we suck against teams like the Storm who slow the game down.

Of course we can win. We'll need to attack their edges, which are vulnerable. And who knows? We saw against the Raiders how a bit of individual brilliance can swing a game that does get turned into a boring grind....

I don't think we're the same team that should have beaten them in 2017. I think we're better. It looks to me like Arthur has adopted a higher risk strategy, particularly of late. And that's the right approach for our team. Stick to your guns BA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In our three finals appearances while those merkins were cheating the cap they were the ones who beat us on all occasions, it's about f**king time we took one back.
Our last ten finals losses were to:

Cowboys ('17)
Storm ('17)
Storm ('09)
Storm ('07)
Storm ('06)

Cowboys ('05)
Broncos ('02)
Knights ('01)
Broncos ('00)
Storm ('99)

Our last ten finals losses were to:

Cowboys ('17)
Storm ('17)
Storm ('09)
Storm ('07)
Storm ('06)

Cowboys ('05)
Broncos ('02)
Knights ('01)
Broncos ('00)
Storm ('99)

BA should post that on the wall at training all week...............beating them this time won't make up for all of those losses but it will really help.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Aami Park isn't a fortress this year. Including the semi against the Raiders, four of the five losses the Storm have had, have been at Aami Park. So 12 games, 8 wins, 4 losses, as opposed to their away stats ( incl the Suncorp "home" game where they flogged us ) are 13 Games, 12 wins and 1 loss.

In saying that, the cumulative margin for those losses is only eight f**king points.

Roosters 21 - 20
Manly 11 - 10
Raiders 22 - 18
Raiders 12 - 10

Their only other loss was to Sharks at Shark Park 20 - 18

strider

Post Whore
Aami Park isn't a fortress this year. Including the semi against the Raiders, four of the five losses the Storm have had, have been at Aami Park. So 12 games, 8 wins, 4 losses, as opposed to their away stats ( incl the Suncorp "home" game where they flogged us ) are 13 Games, 12 wins and 1 loss.

In saying that, the cumulative margin for those losses is only eight f**king points.

Roosters 21 - 20
Manly 11 - 10
Raiders 22 - 18
Raiders 12 - 10

Their only other loss was to Sharks at Shark Park 20 - 18
Its ok, we dont have to win by 58 again ..... 54 would be acceptable

Bandwagon

Staff member
Our attack can trouble the storm, but the key is complete our sets, no stupid errors / penalties, can’t give the storm easy field position.

I don’t think this storm side is as strong as previous years.

Realistically, we suck against teams like the Storm who slow the game down.

Of course we can win. We'll need to attack their edges, which are vulnerable. And who knows? We saw against the Raiders how a bit of individual brilliance can swing a game that does get turned into a boring grind....

Agree with both of you here.

Key will be for mine not getting sucked into the grind, and playing some football. Melbourne will smother us with their wrestle and then rape us through the middle with their big men if we allow them to dictate how the game is played.

I reckon BA has turned the game on it's head a bit in both yesterdays game and the game against Manly, We haven't seemed to earn the right to go wide by creating the space through the middle, if anything it's been the other way around. We've spread early to the edges as soon as we created a a little space, and it's run the opposition packs around enough to tire them through the middle. Although it has still come from some outstanding work from our pigs to create offloads and just that little bit off space.

I reckon that is the game plan that can beat the Storm, they win games with their defence through the ruck, then ice it with their back line, if we deny them the opportunity to lay all over us in the middle, by making them tackle more on the edges, that'll go a long way to nullifying the wrestle.

Latest posts