What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 finals Eels v Souths at Bankwest (and team list)

Glenneel

Bench
I think it's possible. As Paul Kent points out, Souths are a team who plays in 'waves'. Or at least, they attack in waves. They wont be constantly threatening like some other top four sides (notably Melbourne).
If we can play them through the forwards and only spread the ball after we've gone forward (rather than be too lateral and try to spread the ball early) that will really help our cause. If M. Jennings plays at right centre instead of left, to help stem the tide of South's attack down that side, that will help. If we can try to contain Walker to some degree and put as much pressure as possible on Reynolds' kicking game. And, of course, if Moses can be patient and controlled in his game - then, sure, we can win this. I feel for Waqa Blake. He must be as nervous as shit. If Jennings has been working with him a little bit this week, then I think having him (Waqa) on the right wing where Jennings can keep talking to him, might be a good idea.
But, yeah, we can win this.
I wonder if Waqa is so shit this year because the coaches have him confused, he doesn't understand their instructions. He has been really really poor lately.

Gronk

Staff member
I wonder if Waqa is so shit this year because the coaches have him confused, he doesn't understand their instructions. He has been really really poor lately.

No doubt about you, you always find an angle to blame the coaches.

Let me have a go..

If only Darrius Boyd was coached properly, his last 5 years would have been to a first grade standard. Yeah the coaching staff let him down bad.

If only Ben Hunt was coached properly, he'd be the premier halfback in the game. Yeah the coaching staff let him down bad.

lingard

Coach

Nah; I think it's more of a Waqo thing. Jennings reckons he panics. I think he needs 'coaching' or direction or calming down out there on the field. Jennings (as our best defensive back) is probably the man to do it. But, I agree, if this is the case you'd probably expect the coaching staff to have identified this some time ago.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lets make a basic observation and out anything and be pessimistic about it.

How is that funny? It's just a guy with no hair whinging about life when you boil it dow ....
When you boil anything down none of it makes any sense.

Why do we watch a bunch of overpaid simpletons with shit tatts and shit haircuts run around a field chasing a f**king ball? It's pointless.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm a bit worried they are switched on too early. It sounds like BA has f**ked it again.
Yep sounds like the coach has them peaking on Friday and not Saturday !
freakout.gif

Amirite @Glenneel ?

hindy111

Post Whore
When you boil anything down none of it makes any sense.

Why do we watch a bunch of overpaid simpletons with shit tatts and shit haircuts run around a field chasing a f**king ball? It's pointless.

Is this a Tom Gleeson joke?

I can imagine him saying this.