What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3: Preliminary finals 21/9-22/9 2018

TheParraboy

Staff member
Terrible experience for a finals game. No atmosphere either. I was at the 2009 eels vs dogs. That was something. The crowd last night was quiet. It was rubbish.

35k more people in 2009 as well

Souths id imagine had more fans at the ground? No tries, lots of errors hardly surprising they were quiet

Worse part is food costs.

Mars bar - $5.50
Pie - $6.60
Bottle of water was around $5.50
Pie,chips,coke combo $16.

Jam that up your assholes NRL. f**king robbery. I can get a mars nar for 85c when on special which is every 2nd week at supermarket. These merkins would pay about 50 cents for the f**king things. Absalute joke. Hope our new stadium offers decent priced food.

food / drinks at events has always been a rip off

wont be any different at our new stadium

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ive had both mine done. Fuc*en intense pain. Cant even wipe ya ass so how one would play footy is beyond my comprehension. Incredible effort last night. Broken cheekbones, broken jaws, yep I get that. Ouch, but shoulder pain. Ouch plus.

if he plays, storm will just run at him non stop from the first second
he will be coming off sooner rather than later

SOS for Mortz :D

TheParraboy

Staff member
I was hungry but I wasn't giving in to those theifs.
Its bullshit that they can fix prices when all caged in. Beyond reasonable.
$3 for water or mar bar is high but yes reasonable.

I usually have a good feed before the footy

got caught out at win stadium, hungry as, $11 chips and coke.

Gronk

Staff member
yeah i never eat at footy
Sunday arvo at the footy. All three grades. A few beers. BBQ Chicken rolls from home.
thumbsup.gif

Eelogical

Referee
I was at game. What a bore. A snooze fest. Rubish tries. No breaks. Horrid game.

All cause reffs let guys lay on guys in tackle. Suited roosters more then souths big powerfull Boys and skillfull backs.

Terrible experience for a finals game. No atmosphere either. I was at the 2009 eels vs dogs. That was something. The crowd last night was quiet. It was rubbish.

Worse part is food costs.

Mars bar - $5.50
Pie - $6.60
Bottle of water was around $5.50
Pie,chips,coke combo $16.

Jam that up your assholes NRL. f**king robbery. I can get a mars nar for 85c when on special which is every 2nd week at supermarket. These merkins would pay about 50 cents for the f**king things. Absalute joke. Hope our new stadium offers decent priced food.
Couldn't you have hidden the Mars Bar before going into the ground?

Dibs

Bench
If he is given until kick-off and doesn't pass they'll have to play with 16 players as teams need to be finalised an hour before kick-off.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.
Really? Haven’t players been injured in the warm up and been replaced?

Suitman

Post Whore
wont be any different at our new stadium

You may or may not be right. Decent food outlets was high on the list of priorities when Eels and Wanderers fans were putting in their requests at the forums for the new stadium. A lot of the other desirable items (steep stands, close to the action as possible, full roof cover etc)..... have been incorporated in the design, so there's hope yet.

There's just one stadium in Sydney that has great food options and that is Spotless stadium, although it probably has more to do with the fact it is primarily set up for the Easter Show.
At Spotless, there is a Pie Face, Asian Noodle Bar, Specialty American hamburger joint, Fish and chips, Subway and a kebab outlet, as well as numerous decent coffee stands and of course bars. And prices are reasonable considering the quality is there. I've only found this out after attending WSW's matches there.

In hindsight, the Eels maybe could have signed up to a few games there. Although it's still an oval ground, it has a more intimate feel to it than the cavernous ANZ. 10 - 15000 in Spotless is much better than 10-15000 at ANZ.
And, then there's that delicious food.

TheParraboy

Staff member
You may or may not be right. Decent food outlets was high on the list of priorities when Eels and Wanderers fans were putting in their requests at the forums for the new stadium. A lot of the other desirable items (steep stands, close to the action as possible, full roof cover etc)..... have been incorporated in the design, so there's hope yet.

There's just one stadium in Sydney that has great food options and that is Spotless stadium, although it probably has more to do with the fact it is primarily set up for the Easter Show.
At Spotless, there is a Pie Face, Asian Noodle Bar, Specialty American hamburger joint, Fish and chips, Subway and a kebab outlet, as well as numerous decent coffee stands and of course bars. And prices are reasonable considering the quality is there. I've only found this out after attending WSW's matches there.

In hindsight, the Eels maybe could have signed up to a few games there. Although it's still an oval ground, it has a more intimate feel to it than the cavernous ANZ. 10 - 15000 in Spotless is much better than 10-15000 at ANZ.
And, then there's that delicious food.

I think the quality and variety will improve (hope so), just think it will be over priced

hindy111

Post Whore
$5.50 for a mars bar is bent over. Same goes for a bottle of water.

$3 mark would be overs but accetable.

hindy111

Post Whore
For $4.95 I just picked up

A cherry ripe
Fruit and nut bar
Chokito
Crunchie
Cadbury Caramelo bar

That is for you NRL

Latest posts