What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week One Refs...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
...Who do you hand the games to...?

Sean Hampstead
Tony Archer
Steve Clark
Paul Simpkins

Seems pretty straightforward to me although Jared Maxwell wouldn't look out of place.

Cummins killed his chances on Saturday and a week earlier as well. Hayne shouldn't referee another NRL game IMO but that's just me.

How did Bernie Sutton go last night in Canberra?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ah Simpkins...

I hope we get him. Surely the NRL can't deal Kevvy Hayne out to the same game twice in two weeks :crazy:

mattyg

Bench
pleaaase no Tony Archer...he has had some abysmal performances most of this year. Maxwell might be alright though.

Stranger

Coach
Competitors cant Ref timmah.

Cummins was my smokey for the GF but geez he f**ked up on the weekend...

skeepe

Immortal
Anybody suggesting Jared Maxwell is a good referee needs to make an appointment with the optometrist quick smart. If it weren't for Jason Robinson and Bernard Sutton, he would be the worst referee in active duty bar none.

Sober

Juniors
Timmah said:

I thought he went pretty well, especially considering it was his first game in first grade.

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:

Absolutely awful.

Disallowed a Raiders try for a 'forward pass' that went at least a metre backwards, ignored countless Sharks indiscretions only to penalise the Raiders for the exact same thing, deemed tackles around the throat by the Sharks legal but tackles around the shoulders by the Raiders illegal, and turned in the worst refereeing performance I have seen in my life - a sentiment echoed by plenty in the crowd, Raiders and Sharks fans alike.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
anyone but archer, even though parra put 68 on brisbane yesterday he was still a joke, the guy is blind seriously. he goes for the video ref every time when the try is right infront of him.

He also has no idea about controlling the ruck. He always gives penalties when the ball is lost. He can not handle big games