What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weightloss surgery

Weightless operations

• Agree

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Dont care

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Cliffhanger

Coach
Upon further reflection I think my comments may have been a little unsympathetic and douchey. While I still believe people should avoid weight loss surgery, I can appreciate that it really is not the easy option out as it is going to negatively impact on the rest of their life.

I will try to keep my arrogance in check in the future, or at least try to try, or try to try, to try, (hey, it's not easy having an incredibly high level of self-belief.)

adamkungl

Immortal
Upon further reflection I think my comments may have been a little unsympathetic and douchey. While I still believe people should avoid weight loss surgery, I can appreciate that it really is not the easy option out as it is going to negatively impact on the rest of their life.

I will try to keep my arrogance in check in the future, or at least try to try, or try to try, to try, (hey, it's not easy having an incredibly high level of self-belief.)

You're hilarious ;-)

Jubileeboy

First Grade

But it's ok for you to sprout on about your mental illness and for others to lend a sympathetic ear?
You are a heartless, self opinionated wanker.
Perhaps you should have a read of your garbage before you press submit.
'High level of self belief'.... Try delusional dude :roll:

Cliffhanger

Coach
I never asked for sympathy about my bi-polar and I sure as hell did not get any.

I am not going to front and "say best of luck" just because it's the appropriate thing to do. I believe in making your own luck. It's not about being heartless. If it was someone making tangible lifestyle changes I would offer them all my support. When I see an overweight person I don't think to myself "I hope they can afford a weight loss surgery." I hope they find the strength to exercise and eat right.

Nothing wrong with being self-opinionated, believing you are capable is often the difference between success and failure. "Delusional", when I say I can fly, I never mean it literally.

perverse

Referee
Dr. Perverse suggests meal replacement therapy.

replace 5 meals per day with your choice of cigarettes, red bull or marijuana and watch those kilos fly off! patent pending on this programme.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If you want to lose weight just look at some pictures of Cliffnanger after every meal. You'll be guaranteed to throw up anything you ate.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Again Cliffy I don't care if you not wish me good luck etc I can pove to you just how many sucess's there is you are just so close minded about it

Dr. Perverse suggests meal replacement therapy.

replace 5 meals per day with your choice of cigarettes, red bull or marijuana and watch those kilos fly off! patent pending on this programme.

Until the weed gives you the munchers and you eat an entire box of Krispy Kremes at 2am.

Cliffhanger

Coach
If you want to lose weight just look at some pictures of Cliffnanger after every meal. You'll be guaranteed to throw up anything you ate.

AG revealing his homosexuality.

Until the weed gives you the munchers and you eat an entire box of Krispy Kremes at 2am.

Weed could work depending on the reasons you overeat. The high could replace that joy you get from eating.

I know a few people who lost weight by picking up a drug habit. Not saying it's the way to go.

Man Cliffy you're something else...
No I just do not say things simply because they're the appropriate things to say.

Opinions were asked for. I gave mine, offence was intended, offence was taken

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member

It's weird you know and I don't know how it works, but I was a pothead for like 5 years and used to munch out and eat all kinds of crap and was skinny as. I have friends who are the same, I think smoking weed keeps you very thin.

It's obviously not a very healthy option, but it does work

perverse

Referee
It's weird you know and I don't know how it works, but I was a pothead for like 5 years and used to munch out and eat all kinds of crap and was skinny as. I have friends who are the same, I think smoking weed keeps you very thin.

It's obviously not a very healthy option, but it does work
it can be an appetite suppressant, is why. at least imo. sure, you get the munchies, but ignoring - or not even noticing - genuine hunger is also much easier.

another thing - if you're a heavy smoker, you tend to not have an appetite at all, unless you're baked.