What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird call on Fox

mickdo

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
I said it was both

Braybrook brought it up

but Freeman agreed with him
I don't think Freeman said anything actually, which really surprised me. I think it was just Braybrook & Sattler having the stoush.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I was sure Freeman said something in the tone of

Well, this ref has missed so many things tonight that I'm not surprised the Knights didn't get a penalty here

bozza tgg

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
I wholeheartedly agree with Gary Freeman

I would go a step further with bombs and fullbacks, Id suggest the crowd at that end of the field remain totally silent until the bomb is taken, other wise heavey fines or suspension is in order for the whole area eg Peter Sterling hill ;-) .

On reflection, when a player is about to accept a pass, there also must be total silence

There shouldnt be any distractions, just like in Tennis

15-luv

The crowd should also be quiet when a player takes a shot at goal too!!

Macca_

Coach
Freeman = Spanner (worse than a tool)

I heard it too. Didn't think its a major problem. At first I thought it was someone in the crowd, but must have been a player as it was clear. Came through refs mike hey...

I'll always make some sort of noise on the soccer field if I'm moving in on someone who's about to have a shot at goal. Part of the game doing something under pressure :D

Macca_

El Diablo

Post Whore
So I suppose these two drongos think players from opposing sides shouldn't call for the ball to be passed to them when an opposition player is going for an offload?

There's numerous times when a player can accidentally pas the ball to the opposition when he thinks it's a team mate calling out.

Freeman is bias beyond belief. This one is as stupid as him thinking Burt should've been penalised for Stevens lying all over him for too long.

The Colonel

Immortal
Macca_ said:
I heard it too. Didn't think its a major problem. At first I thought it was someone in the crowd, but must have been a player as it was clear. Came through refs mike hey...

It was Morrison. They showed the front on shot and he was wooohoooing on the way down field.

eelsta

Bench
Could someone tell that halfwitt that deano's name is WIDDERS not WITHERS god that man drives me insane no matter what game he calls :evil:

Macca_

Coach
It was Morrison. They showed the front on shot and he was wooohoooing on the way down field.

Cheers, I missed that.

Just for the hell of it - Freeman = Spanner (worse than a tool)

Macca_

PARRA_FAN

Coach
mickdo said:
Not wanting to defend Freeman or anything (I hate the bloke), but it was actually Mark Braybrook who brought up the opinion that it should have been a penalty for yelling at the bomb catcher, not Freeman.

Yes it was indeed. Freeman bagged the ref for missing the forward pass when Tim Smith scored.

If there ever was a rule it'll be the worse rule in history, just ridiculous that they suggested it was a rule. Thats the fullbacks problem if he cant catch the ball, hell if a seagull got in his way would it be a penalty? There was no physical contact made, which means NO Penalty.

Goose of the week= braybrook.

And well done Sats, who laughed off suggestions. He knows the game more than those two obviously.

number8

Juniors
Freeman is certainly a tool but Braybrook usually goes alright in the commentry. Must have missed his weetbix for brekky.

Latest posts