What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to game day Dragons v Manly

RufusRex

Post Whore
Anyway - Mary wont hold his nerve .. the photocopy of the starting list from last game will be edited come run on .

denis preston

First Grade
Surely Host gets a tremendous 5 mins. & Nighty to get the hemmorhoid cream out.

Host to Play ISP Sunday after sitting on the bench ? I got a feeling if we run away with this in the first half Host will get 10 mins at the end when our lead reaches 30. Just doesn't make sense to me.Ive been told the competition is hot for the back row positions but what's wrong with giving Host 15 mins in the front row ? It's better than no game time at all !!

2010Dragons

Bench
They are not happy campers at Manly....

FORMER Manly and NSW enforcer Anthony Watmough has blasted ex-teammate Daly Cherry-Evans, labelling him selfish and a “f***wit”.

There have long been rumours the Sea Eagles halfback is far from the most popular player in the league, and those reports were loudest when senior players like Watmough and the Stewart brothers — Brett and Glenn — were still running around at Manly.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/a...s/news-story/00700ba6584cfd0ecf20dfe09bbe0fe9

FORMER Manly and NSW enforcer Anthony Watmough has blasted ex-teammate Daly Cherry-Evans, labelling him selfish and a “f***wit”.

There have long been rumours the Sea Eagles halfback is far from the most popular player in the league, and those reports were loudest when senior players like Watmough and the Stewart brothers — Brett and Glenn — were still running around at Manly.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/a...s/news-story/00700ba6584cfd0ecf20dfe09bbe0fe9
I saw that today, Watmough gave DCE, Hasler and Tovey both barrels.
Not a popular man DCE, I thought the bullying aspect of Hastings was telling, I think he has a case against Manly for not ensuring a safe work environment.
From what I was told it was unrelenting and cruel in the extreme before Hastings acted back.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Not a popular man DCE, I thought the bullying aspect of Hastings was telling, I think he has a case against Manly for not ensuring a safe work environment.
From what I was told it was unrelenting and cruel in the extreme before Hastings acted back.

Spot on BGB from what I have heard DCE is a dhead.

Uplifting

Juniors
Looking forward to this game. I’ll never forget heading down to Brooky with the fam, only to watch the Dragons get flogged a couple of years ago. We have a better team now!

Uplifting

Juniors
I wonder if the reason to swap the wingers around has something to do with confidence taking the high ball. Mann might be targeted in that way. I hope he comes up with the goods.

Belta

Juniors
They have a lot of injuries and drama's hopefully, that works in our favour.
Walker being out should help.
Korisau out should help.
Playing at Win should help.
These comments about DCE may help.
What won't help is that they will be desperate for a win.
Iike dogs they owe their fans, and have a lot to play for.
We need to improve this week, especially simple one on one missed tackles, completion rates and overall game management, do this and I will be confident of a win.

jeffdragon

Bench

Thats funny cause many think watmough is the same as DCE

2010Dragons

Bench
They have a lot of injuries and drama's hopefully, that works in our favour.
Walker being out should help.
Korisau out should help.
Playing at Win should help.
These comments about DCE may help.
What won't help is that they will be desperate for a win.
Iike dogs they owe their fans, and have a lot to play for.
We need to improve this week, especially simple one on one missed tackles, completion rates and overall game management, do this and I will be confident of a win.

The only thing which could work against us. Is McGregor giving his best mate Barrett his secret game plan tactics and his bench rotation plan.

denis preston

First Grade

WOW, just shows you that players contracts hush them up on the real going ons at the club. Pity we cant get some of ours to reveal their true feelings for the coaching staff particularly the younger bench warmers !

Brutalitops

Juniors
Watmough calling out DCE does nothing but give me a higher opinion of DCE. Watmough is a Grade A f**kwit and I have heard from multiple who have met him that he is egotistical and threatens violence if you even talk to him in a bar.

Contrast this with DCE who I know people hate, but he's a 'harmless' dickhead. He's quite polite in person and to fans.

Either way hope we smash him.

st.phil

Bench
Watmough calling out DCE does nothing but give me a higher opinion of DCE. Watmough is a Grade A f**kwit and I have heard from multiple who have met him that he is egotistical and threatens violence if you even talk to him in a bar.

Contrast this with DCE who I know people hate, but he's a 'harmless' dickhead. He's quite polite in person and to fans.

I think that is precisely WHY DCE is hated...steel fist with a velvet glove etc. He is media trained to the point of robotic and has a history of back flipping on deals and falling out with team mates. Money rather than on field seems to be the theme. In a nutshell - the squeaky clean outward image is an act / contrived when stacked up against some of he and his managers (alleged) behaviour. That kinda thing is a given in corporate world but don't fly in League's suburban macho consciousness (this is one area that it may be healthy!!)

Watmough and the Stewart’s were all grubs, but the shit I’ve heard DCE and his mates did to Hastings was uncalled for.

slippery5

Juniors

Didn't Watmough get the crap beat out of him at a nightclub in Manly somewhere? possibly because he is egotistical.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

It's Manly! Who cares?!?