What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

MugaB

Coach
This was posted about 2-3 weeks ago

Colk

First Grade
If all reports are true about players re-signing then it’s not looking good for the Dolphins or the rest of the NRL I fear. It wasn’t too hard to predict; they’ll only get their players from clubs that are already struggling in effect adding another poor side to an already woefully lopsided competition.

V’landys in all his bluster hasn’t given enough lead time for this new club or more importantly addressed the reasons why the competition is so imbalanced as it is before adding another side.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If all reports are true about players re-signing then it’s not looking good for the Dolphins or the rest of the NRL I fear. It wasn’t too hard to predict; they’ll only get their players from clubs that are already struggling in effect adding another poor side to an already woefully lopsided competition.

V’landys in all his bluster hasn’t given enough lead time for this new club or more importantly addressed the reasons why the competition is so imbalanced as it is before adding another side.
They were banking on ripping the heart out of Storm and a couple of other clubs, won’t be as easy as that! They are going to pay massive overs to try and sign a couple of marquees so that’s going to hurt their depth. I guess we’ll now see if they can bring up some intrust cup talent, after all wasnt that supposed to be a key reason they were brought in?

Colk

First Grade
Therein lies the problem of rushing them in and giving them so little time to plan their entry.

They also needed to fix the issues that are obvious to everyone which has created a lopsided competition and people bemoaning the lack of quality (whilst there are some concerns about the quality most of the problems have come from the current player market system and the new rules which have exacerbated the first problem)

You needed to fix those problems before you put another side in, otherwise you are making the problem greater

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
They should name the fifth Qld team the Queensland Kings
Would never happen.

I remember the old Auckland soccer team Football Kingz in the old NSL prior to the A-League's formation and they had to rework the name as their original choice Auckland Kings landed them a lawsuit from the Sydney Kings basketball team who had (and probably still does) have the rights to the name.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh but they don’t sponsor the broncos was the point I was making
true, but they arent a new Qlnd company entering NRL sponsorship for first time because Dolphins have entered the comp. was the point I was making.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So why can't the Dolphins sign anyone of note? Is there no faith that the club can be successful in the short term? Or has the shine finally rubbed off Bennett as THE appealing coach to play under?

Colk

First Grade
So why can't the Dolphins sign anyone of note? Is there no faith that the club can be successful in the short term? Or has the shine finally rubbed off Bennett as THE appealing coach to play under?

I’d say it is a lack of preparation from the ARLC. They haven’t been provided enough lead in time. Also the salary cap as it is currently structured will always work against new entrants as well as lowly clubs - it’s something they are going to have to fix if they want to bring in other new clubs

Latest posts