What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Colk

First Grade
Also to Pippen, in addendum, why are you obsessed with FTA ratings? FTA TV is dying and in any case, people who have more than a cursory interest in the game and who have the money to spend are watching the games on PayTV or on streaming devices like Kayo. That’s the truer indication of the game’s support and more importantly where it’s coming from - you’ll probably realise than that there is interest in the game outside of NSW and QLD

Colk

First Grade
I forget how crap they are until origin is on

foxtel has great coverage.
League needs a new fta partner mine will never get it

It was disappointing they got it again. I was hoping that either Channel 7 or 10 would go hard for it.

Wb1234

Referee
It was disappointing they got it again. I was hoping that either Channel 7 or 10 would go hard for it.
Years back they had agreed with ten and last minute nine upped its offer. Massive shame. Seven doesnt have enough money for afl and nrl

maybe if ten get the fumblers then it’s a chance but I don’t see seven losing afl they’ve had it forever

Colk

First Grade
Years back they had agreed with ten and last minute nine upped its offer. Massive shame. Seven doesnt have enough money for afl and nrl

maybe if ten get the fumblers then it’s a chance but I don’t see seven losing afl they’ve had it forever

Maybe. If Seven ever did get both, they pretty much would destroy all their competition.

In any case, the future isn’t FTA.

Pippen94

First Grade
havent watched nine for 16 years for regular games lol. It’s telling regular games on nine in perth get 6-12k, the only time we have to watch nine those games get 100k! Shame fox don’t share metro split ratings

Look at storm weekly ratings. Perth will be in that range

Pippen94

First Grade
Also to Pippen, in addendum, why are you obsessed with FTA ratings? FTA TV is dying and in any case, people who have more than a cursory interest in the game and who have the money to spend are watching the games on PayTV or on streaming devices like Kayo. That’s the truer indication of the game’s support and more importantly where it’s coming from - you’ll probably realise than that there is interest in the game outside of NSW and QLD

As fta dies value to network increases. Funny to me that ppl look at ratings & say it's bad, but program maybe comfortably no.1 in it's timeslot. Some ppl don't know what they talking about..

Pippen94

First Grade

Being on pay is out of sight out of mind. Unlikely that in parts of country where game has low profile that there are a large number of ppl who subscribe for the sport. Keep clinging to that tho..

Colk

First Grade
Why is that important?! Never going to rate in southern states & other code doesn't rate here

It rates better in Sydney and Brisbane than League does in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide on FTA. That’s it.

Now you mightn’t like that but if you keep crapping on about the importance of FTA and it’s confluence to expansion strategy, then the data actually suggests the importance of a national competition not one played in two markets

Now, on the other hand, I would suggest that FTA isn’t as important to League as it is to AFL. The reason being is that Fumbleball pretty much have all their games on FTA, whereas Nine are showing 3 games on FTA and the rest are exclusive to PayTV and Kayo et al. Therefore, if you have interest in the game and you have the income, you are watching the game on PayTV

Colk

First Grade
Being on pay is out of sight out of mind. Unlikely that in parts of country where game has low profile that there are a large number of ppl who subscribe for the sport. Keep clinging to that tho..

FTA is dying mate. Anybody who isn’t watching League on PayTV either can’t afford it or aren’t watching it all because they are not interested, so I think you are the one clinging.

In any case, we have discussed ideas about demographics and migration shifts et al but you are either ignorant or can’t understand

Pippen94

First Grade
It rates better in Sydney and Brisbane than League does in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide on FTA. That’s it.

Now you mightn’t like that but if you keep crapping on about the importance of FTA and it’s confluence to expansion strategy, then the data actually suggests the importance of a national competition not one played in two markets

Now, on the other hand, I would suggest that FTA isn’t as important to League as it is to AFL. The reason being is that Fumbleball pretty much have all their games on FTA, whereas Nine are showing 3 games on FTA and the rest are exclusive to PayTV and Kayo et al. Therefore, if you have interest in the game and you have the income, you are watching the game on PayTV

It's shrinking too. 50k in Sydney for swans vs Richmond against all qld clash. Match went down to wire. Can't get better situation than that.

Colk

First Grade
Only thing ppl can conclude from ratings. Broncos & titans in Sydney not a draw. This is why bears are more valuable than perth..

Exactly, so how’s that a benefit? If it doesn’t rate well in four of the other metro markets how is it a good thing to keep putting new sides in the same market/s through expansion or have two teams from the same market play each other

Pippen94

First Grade
FTA is dying mate. Anybody who isn’t watching League on PayTV either can’t afford it or aren’t watching it all because they are not interested, so I think you are the one clinging.

In any case, we have discussed ideas about demographics and migration shifts et al but you are either ignorant or can’t understand

Discourse here has to be smarter. TV dying (or just shrinking) for a while. What has happened to TV deals in that time?! Value of live sport goes up

Pippen94

First Grade
Exactly, so how’s that a benefit? If it doesn’t rate well in four of the other metro markets how is it a good thing to keep putting new sides in the same market/s through expansion or have two teams from the same market play each other

Which place gets higher ad rates Adelaide, Perth or Sydney?!

Colk

First Grade
As fta dies value to network increases. Funny to me that ppl look at ratings & say it's bad, but program maybe comfortably no.1 in it's timeslot. Some ppl don't know what they talking about..

It is bad. If you are talking up FTA ratings as the be all, then the fact is your main competitor has beaten you by 200k people. That simply means it is a more valuable product for FTA markets

PayTV would be a completely different story and if you looked at nationwide figures across both Pay/FTA, the viewing figures would be a lot closer for the reasons I have previously suggested.

Latest posts