What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah but but but its 3 at redcliffe, 2 at SCS... please wh cares, why do you care PR if its in Brisbane, or regional?

For 2023 it is but there is around 6 home grounds out of action for around 2 months. So I dare say other sides will do similar.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah but but but its 3 at redcliffe, 2 at SCS... please wh cares, why do you care PR if its in Brisbane, or regional?
Because I want the expansion license to be a success and fill the gap we have had in Brisbane for 25 years. For years people have been saying we need another Brisbane team, we need Suncorp used every week etc etc. This isnt doing that. I had hoped a Brisabne2 would boost crowds not drag them down by being played in sub standard stadia.

No different to country areas who host games already

Yeh but we aren't talking one off games that are funded, we are talking 5 games unfunded! If its a one off due to Suncorp availability or not we don't know yet.

Iamback

Coach
Yeh but we aren't talking one off games that are funded, we are talking 5 games unfunded! If its a one off due to Suncorp availability or not we don't know yet.

There is going to be funding from somewhere for having no access to the stadiums. Whether it is the Soccer bid team or not but they had to get the Rugby codes on board for it to happen.

What is the alternative? Suncorp is unavailable simple as that

Redcliffe is a privately owned ground. So for some games they would actually be in front financially

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is going to be funding from somewhere for having no access to the stadiums. Whether it is the Soccer bid team or not but they had to get the Rugby codes on board for it to happen.

What is the alternative? Suncorp is unavailable simple as that

Redcliffe is a privately owned ground. So for some games they would actually be in front financially
Thats just lazy thinking re Dolphin stadium akin to what's held crowd growth back in Sydney for years. There is no way if they drew 25-30k plus sold the boxes at Suncorp they wouldnt make more money, even paying rent, than they ever could at Dolphin stadium.

As I said if its just next year and then goes to 10-2 in 2024 all good, if it stays at 7-5 its shthouse and a dumb decision to bring them in.

There's only going to be 8-9 rounds affected for the WC. That's 4 home games, less with scheduling and the byes factored in and stacking home games for those impacted. Seems if THE Dolphins were committed to more games at Suncorp in '23 they could have made it work.

Iamback

Coach
Thats just lazy thinking re Dolphin stadium akin to what's held crowd growth back in Sydney for years. There is no way if they drew 25-30k plus sold the boxes at Suncorp they wouldnt make more money, even paying rent, than they ever could at Dolphin stadium.

As I said if its just next year and then goes to 10-2 in 2024 all good, if it stays at 7-5 its shthouse and a dumb decision to bring them in.

Break even at Suncorp is 20k.

They have never called themselves a Brisbane team though. As such the Business plan will be setup to include games elsewhere possibly certain sponsors in such areas

“The smart money is backing Moreton Bay Region for the next NRL licence because we’ll have a supporter base from Bowen Hills to Bundaberg”. “I believe Moreton Bay can become Queensland’s leading sports destination – today is another step in that direction,” Mr Flannery said.

So money will dictate the split. Of course most will be in Brisbane but next year is a good experiment due to a need to test how a split goes

Perth Red

Post Whore
Break even at Suncorp is 20k.

They have never called themselves a Brisbane team though. As such the Business plan will be setup to include games elsewhere possibly certain sponsors in such areas

“The smart money is backing Moreton Bay Region for the next NRL licence because we’ll have a supporter base from Bowen Hills to Bundaberg”. “I believe Moreton Bay can become Queensland’s leading sports destination – today is another step in that direction,” Mr Flannery said.

So money will dictate the split. Of course most will be in Brisbane but next year is a good experiment due to a need to test how a split goes
Find that hard to believe, how much is rent for Suncorp? Avg ticket price must be over $40 so does it cost $800k a game to rent?? I doubt Union can afford that on their crowds and grant.

$6.5mill for a main stand, could they have built it any cheaper? lol. That stadium needs a total rebuild and is hemmed in. Does the Qlnd Govt have a spare $200mill to throw at a suburban stadium?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just had a look at Broncs annual report and the stadium costs them $400k a game. So if you include corporates and ticket sales then it would be much less than 20k attendance as break even.

In '21 Broncs had a revenue of $12.8mill ($1.06 mill a game) from game day activity on a crowd avg of 21.4k. There was a $8.2mill direct expenses to achieve this so a profit of $4.6mill from game days at Suncorp.
Good luck getting near that at Dolphin stadium!! Still there's always the pokies.

Redcliffe, ARLC and Titans have really f**ked up expansion. There's nothing "NRL ready" about Dolphin Oval. It's too big for a Queensland Cup ground and too small for an NRL team. The money spent on building three small stands could have gone towards one 2-tier stand on the western side that holds 10k to 12k seats. That way another stand could be built on the eastern side and northern end to bring capacity up to 25k. What they've got at the moment is a joke.

Wb1234

Referee
Find that hard to believe, how much is rent for Suncorp? Avg ticket price must be over $40 so does it cost $800k a game to rent?? I doubt Union can afford that on their crowds and grant.

$6.5mill for a main stand, could they have built it any cheaper? lol. That stadium needs a total rebuild and is hemmed in. Does the Qlnd Govt have a spare $200mill to throw at a suburban stadium?
Think broncos pay 1 million a game lol

it’s something ridiculous

Iamback

Coach
Think broncos pay 1 million a game lol

it’s something ridiculous

Reds pay $600k in Super Rugby. That was the figure I used in my reply

Redcliffe is like Shark Park being privately owned so the cost is far less to put on a game.

$30 a ticket x 11,500k crowd is $350k.
They have control over signage at the ground so can put more up.
Have the club that backs on the ground that they can use and charge whatever they like for.

Throw in the fact they are being sold as being from Brisbane to Bundaberg that being in that area likely attracts different corporates than in Brisbane.

That model may suit them. Unlike certain posters here I won't sit from Penrith and decide what a QLD side should do

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reds pay $600k in Super Rugby. That was the figure I used in my reply

Redcliffe is like Shark Park being privately owned so the cost is far less to put on a game.

$30 a ticket x 11,500k crowd is $350k.
They have control over signage at the ground so can put more up.
Have the club that backs on the ground that they can use and charge whatever they like for.

Throw in the fact they are being sold as being from Brisbane to Bundaberg that being in that area likely attracts different corporates than in Brisbane.

That model may suit them. Unlike certain posters here I won't sit from Penrith and decide what a QLD side should do
Nonsense reds don’t pay anything like $600k, broncos only pay $400k a game.

haha $350k a game? broncos bring in $1million a game at Suncorp! Sounds like you’d be happy to see dolphins be a very small brother of broncos.

Wb1234

Referee
Tbf Perth red could be right

at 20 bucks a ticket you need 20k just to cover the rent. Makes the economics a lot better at home

the corporate facilities at dp look crap though

Wb1234

Referee
No

nope it’s $400k a game according to their financial report.

6.5 million in 2019

Iamback

Coach
Nonsense reds don’t pay anything like $600k, broncos only pay $400k a game.

haha $350k a game? broncos bring in $1million a game at Suncorp! Sounds like you’d be happy to see dolphins be a very small brother of broncos.
Again different business models.

No $350k was the gate takings alone.

Lets use your $400k then.

So they clear $600k

Redcliffe what maybe pay $50k for staff at the ground?

Leaves $300k profit.

That is without any corporates or signage. There is the club that backs on to the ground you could get extra corporates into.

Merch and so on.

So again there business plan was submitted using a split between grounds. They work out what is best for them If needed there is Suncorp to use 100% of time.

As is the case with the Sharks and the other Sydney teams you claim to be an expert in