What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe if your going to judge the sharks it’s best to when their leagues club was actually open lmao
Whats their LC got to do with the sponsorship revenue they attract? I’m failing to see the connection?

Maybe that’s why Perth doesn’t have a rugby league club

and needs the juniors a leagues club in Sydney funds lmao

we don’t have an nrl club because we dont have meth labs? I’m failing to see the connection again. Have you been drinking this evening, you’re even more obscure than usual.

Wb1234

Referee
Whats their LC got to do with the sponsorship revenue they attract? I’m failing to see the connection?

we don’t have an nrl club because we dont have meth labs? I’m failing to see the connection again. Have you been drinking this evening, you’re even more obscure than usual.
North Sydney leagues funds their juniors

sorry for assuming an intelligence on your part that wasn’t there

mongoose

Coach
They've had 15 years to build support and are going backwards. I would like to see them succeed but year after year of poor management and apathy from the public makes it hard to see a future for this club.

I think the biggest challenge for them is securing a quality coach and enticing SEQ's best juniors to the club. No one wants to go there unless they're a journeyman looking for a pay cheque. Until they overcome this hurdle they'll always be a mix of youngsters overlooked by Brisbane, Melbourne and North Queensland thrown in with older players who were once of value but are now past their prime and on big pay cheques at the Titans because it was the only place willing to pay that sort of money.
They recently got David Fafita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, are you saying these players were overlooked by the Broncos and Cowboys?

They recently got David Fafita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, are you saying these players were overlooked by the Broncos and Cowboys?
They paid a fortune to lure Fafita away from Brisbane. Same as Ash Taylor. Like all of their other buys it didn't work. Players rarely play their best football there.

Colk

First Grade
They paid a fortune to lure Fafita away from Brisbane. Same as Ash Taylor. Like all of their other buys it didn't work. Players rarely play their best football there.

Tino has.

The Titans made the finals last year and played well. They have been very ordinary this year granted but if they can somehow improve their defence like the Cowboys have, then due to the fact that they have a fair bit of attacking flair and talent there is potential with their squad

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe that’s why Perth doesn’t have a rugby league club

and needs the juniors a leagues club in Sydney funds lmao
rugby league teams in Singapore
Lol

North Sydney leagues funds their juniors

sorry for assuming an intelligence on your part that wasn’t there
but whats any of that got to do with the amount the sharks bring in for sponsorship??? That was what we were discussing and you mentioned something about not judging them when their LC is shut. What would their LC being shut have to do with their success at attracting sponsors?? You're being obscure again.

Wb1234

Referee
but whats any of that got to do with the amount the sharks bring in for sponsorship??? That was what we were discussing and you mentioned something about not judging them when their LC is shut. What would their LC being shut have to do with their success at attracting sponsors?? You're being obscure again.
You made two replies I was responding to one of those

but it’s good you realise sharks leagues was closed for a while great stuff

Tino has.

The Titans made the finals last year and played well. They have been very ordinary this year granted but if they can somehow improve their defence like the Cowboys have, then due to the fact that they have a fair bit of attacking flair and talent there is potential with their squad
I've been disappointed in them this year. I was hoping they would become one of the heavyweights. Half of their problem was losing Rein and Fogarty. The young blokes who've taken their spot aren't ready.

Colk

First Grade
I've been disappointed in them this year. I was hoping they would become one of the heavyweights. Half of their problem was losing Rein and Fogarty. The young blokes who've taken their spot aren't ready.

Hit the nail on the head. They remind me of an under 20’s side. They just concede too many points and they just don’t have that calmness that a couple of experienced players could bring

Reflector

Juniors
Like rugby league teams in Singapore
Lol
Souths and Penrith can stay in Sydney. Souths rebrand as the Sydney Rabbitohs and everybody in the surrounding areas will eventually support them. Penrith rebrand as Western Sydney Panthers, and in time the western Sydney population will support them. Both teams should aim to be getting 50K average crowds within a decade with the extra support to rival the Swans (who are the #1 team in Sydney- just look at the crowds and memberships, you don't have to live in Sydney or spend any time there to see this fact).

The other clubs clogging up Sydney and holding back the NRL can relocate as follows:

Singapore Sea Eagles
Beijing Dragons (the tie-in with the Dragon will be a huge plus, the people of Beijing will flock to this team. Build a 100k seater stadium to accommodate the crowds they will get every second weekend)
Mumbai Sharks
Tokyo Tigers
Johannesburg Eels
Dubai Bulldogs
Los Angeles Roosters

If the NRL stops being so short-sighted, they can relocate these teams and give them the support they need for the first 5-10 years until they're fully viable and the NRL will become 10x bigger than what it is now. We'll have rivalries every weekend between international cities that will be up there with Cowboys v Broncos which is (currently) the only true rivalry the NRL has.

Just need blinkered Sydneysiders to wake up and stop holding the game of Rugby League back!

Souths and Penrith can stay in Sydney. Souths rebrand as the Sydney Rabbitohs and everybody in the surrounding areas will eventually support them. Penrith rebrand as Western Sydney Panthers, and in time the western Sydney population will support them. Both teams should aim to be getting 50K average crowds within a decade with the extra support to rival the Swans (who are the #1 team in Sydney- just look at the crowds and memberships, you don't have to live in Sydney or spend any time there to see this fact).

The other clubs clogging up Sydney and holding back the NRL can relocate as follows:

Singapore Sea Eagles
Beijing Dragons (the tie-in with the Dragon will be a huge plus, the people of Beijing will flock to this team. Build a 100k seater stadium to accommodate the crowds they will get every second weekend)
Mumbai Sharks
Tokyo Tigers
Johannesburg Eels
Dubai Bulldogs
Los Angeles Roosters

If the NRL stops being so short-sighted, they can relocate these teams and give them the support they need for the first 5-10 years until they're fully viable and the NRL will become 10x bigger than what it is now. We'll have rivalries every weekend between international cities that will be up there with Cowboys v Broncos which is (currently) the only true rivalry the NRL has.

Just need blinkered Sydneysiders to wake up and stop holding the game of Rugby League back!
Pretty funny. Seriously though, there's no reason Manly cannot increase their fanbase and market value by becoming the team for everyone on the North Shore, Northern Beaches and Central Coast. It'll take a generation or two and need the Bears to f**k off, but it can be done. A person born in 2005 isn't going to have an emotional attachment to a team they've never seen play.

Iamback

Coach
Thats ok then, cause there isnt jobs elsewhere I suppose? Must be why WA has such high unemployment.
Hey lets open meth labs, think of the employment creation.

So pubs and clubs don't hire staff in WA?

Nor fund the training and personal development that helps other businesses?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Y
So pubs and clubs don't hire staff in WA?

Nor fund the training and personal development that helps other businesses?
You seemed to be suggesting that having pokies was necessary for employment, they’re not, as witnessed in WA where yes we have pubs and clubs employing people, without the need for pokies.

Latest posts