What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Ash Harrison

Iafeta

Referee
I love the tall poppy syndrome of when a star is at your own club he's a sensation and a great bloke, and when, as economics and other factors dictates, the paper signs a contract elsewhere he's a judas and a pretty average player anyway.

FTR, I couldn't be happier for Vince Mellars, Tevita Latu, Nigel Vagana, Joe Gulavao, Fufui Moimoi etc. who have gone on to bigger and better things away from the Warriors. Would have loved some of them to stay, but such is life, and one shouldn't discount their efforts in putting their body on the line for the club they once served.

BTW, I doubt South's have been served by two gutsier players since their inception than Ashley Harrison and the Yak. Poor form digging into Harrison in my book.

Ridders

Coach
Iafeta said:
I couldn't be happier for Nigel Vagana

lol vagana did go onto bigger and better things when he moved to the dogs...but then went right to the ditch (in terms of form) by moving to the sharks

Bumble said:
Ahaha...Good career choice Judas.

Who knows how different it would've been. If you'd stayed, Orford, Ross and Anasta would've signed and you'd be in the QLD team.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Souths will never be anything in the top flight of league in this country again. So why head there.

Anasta and Orford would have gone there now that is gold.

Bumble

First Grade
Carlito said:
Doubt it. I also doubt that you'll develop better players than Anasta, Ross and Orford who you suggest would have 'stayed' if Ash had :lol:

Lol, We came 2nd in the SG Ball this year and in 2004...We are going to have a fantastic young team in the next few years.

Bumble

First Grade
Iafeta said:
I love the tall poppy syndrome of when a star is at your own club he's a sensation and a great bloke, and when, as economics and other factors dictates, the paper signs a contract elsewhere he's a judas and a pretty average player anyway.

BTW, I doubt South's have been served by two gutsier players since their inception than Ashley Harrison and the Yak. Poor form digging into Harrison in my book.

If it was any club but the scum it wouldn't have mattered...fact is, he left and had he stayed we would've signed the others.

Danish

Referee
Bumble said:
Lol, We came 2nd in the SG Ball this year and in 2004...We are going to have a fantastic young team in the next few years.

Easts had an undefeated Jersey Flegg team in 2004. Most of those players will end up playing for other clubs bar a few....

Having a good SG Ball side does not guarantee a good 1st grade team when those players grow up.

Choppies

Coach
Danish said:
Easts had an undefeated Jersey Flegg team in 2004. Most of those players will end up playing for other clubs bar a few....

Having a good SG Ball side does not guarantee a good 1st grade team when those players grow up.

Exactly Danish. With grades as young as Harold Mats, SG Ball and to an extent Flegg, you are very fortunate to get a couple of good 1st graders out of it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bumble said:

we won SG Ball in 2003 or 2002, i think we were undefeated... 4 years latter we're still sh*te... if your coach cant get the potential out of the younger guys you will not improve one iota... canberra are living proof

Bumble

First Grade
Souths don't have Matt Elliott. Jason Taylor will be first grade coach within 2 years and look what he did with the Parra lower grades...

Alba

Coach
sunny said:
Harrison was awful in origin i thought last year.

he was on for how long?? and he hardly even got a look at the ball how could you say he was awful?

sunny

offered them nothing hitting the ball up alba at a time when they really needed go forward.

ozzie

Bench
Mumbles - eeerr Bumbles you make me laugh

lets see - Harrison if he had stayed would have convinced other players to sign?..where those other players blind to the fact your club is crap! Even Ash saw it. What happenned to the King of Redfern this year? Another junior down the gurgler..

As for the SG Ball - "it's a long way to the top" and not many make it..watch a lot of them march out the door as well.

Are you sweating off on who the Roosters are going to release this year. It's the only way you can get players

Miss Eagle

Juniors
Bumble said:
Souths don't have Matt Elliott. Jason Taylor will be first grade coach within 2 years and look what he did with the Parra lower grades...

so you think taylor is your saviour to your pathetic excuse of a club?

your club made the mistake by bringing up paul langmack after his stints at wests tigers in 01 and 02 and look what happened your club was in shambles

in fact your club is in much worse condition than it was when your team langmack as your coach:lol:

sydraider

First Grade
Miss Eagle said:
so you think taylor is your saviour to your pathetic excuse of a club?

your club made the mistake by bringing up paul langmack after his stints at wests tigers in 01 and 02 and look what happened your club was in shambles

in fact your club is in much worse condition than it was when your team langmack as your coach:lol:

If it wasnt for the ARL andthe boys club Mrs Athurson ran, your club would have been nil of success since 87. Actually wasnt it your club who purchased key souths players to help get you there?

Kiwi

First Grade
Bumble said:
Ahaha...Good career choice Judas.

Who knows how different it would've been. If you'd stayed, Orford, Ross and Anasta would've signed and you'd be in the QLD team.

Because he was a souths junior wasn't he :roll:

CharlieF

Juniors
sydraider said:
If it wasnt for the ARL andthe boys club Mrs Athurson ran, your club would have been nil of success since 87. Actually wasnt it your club who purchased key souths players to help get you there?

Mr Arthurson Yes, but ARL.... No. Remember that Arthurson was the CEO of Manly. He does what CEOs are supposed to do. The ARL has nothing to do with it. The NRL has been running the game for a while now and Sourh really haven't improved. Manly are slowly getting there after almost going broke. Canberra have won nothing since the NRL took over. In my opinion, Arko and the ARL really looked after the Raiders. Look at their record under them.

sunny

exactly right kiwi. Harrison started with the Broncos and went to Souths for the money, they can hardly complain when he leaves them seeking even more money.

HoLLuS

Juniors
Brutus said:
Someone should remind Harro that he represented QLD from Souths last year and now he can't even crack it into the worst back-row QLD have chosen in ages with all due respects to Dallas who should do well.

Don't get your hopes up for finals footy either chook boy :clap:

I'm a girl dickhead....assumptions sure do make you look like an ass!

Latest posts