What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Ash Harrison

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
well ye maybe he was greedy(for exposure) or and went to the rooosters but you can't blame him for that. All players want to go to a higher level maybe he felt he was the highest at souths(no more competition and he couldn't win them a game by himself) and wanted to go better.

Well then, I guess all decent Eels players will be doing the same! Welcome to the departure lounge... Next stop, anywhere but Paramatta!

Angry_eel

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Well then, I guess all decent Eels players will be doing the same! Welcome to the departure lounge... Next stop, anywhere but Paramatta!
Fine i don't have a problem with it. There's something called loyalty. Harrison didn't have it and he won't be the last.

OVP

Coach
Angry_eel said:
Fine i don't have a problem with it. There's something called loyalty. Harrison didn't have it and he won't be the last.

Oh man you are JUST SO RIGHT. Morrison, the CAT, never had any loyalties, neither did Tahu, or Mackinnon, or Grothe, or basically f**king everyone else except Hindmarsh. Are you stupid ?

ozzie

Bench
Yeah funny that - clubs buy players left right and centre - but it's only the Roosters who poach players???

Choppies

Coach
Harrison is more loyal than most players. He signed a 3 year deal when everything was seemingly going up for the Rabbitohs (end of 02).
We all know that they got 2 spoons and 13th. Did Harrison ask for a release after the 1st spoon or during the 2nd year? No, he saw his contract out.
If Harrison signed with any other club he would be classed as 'loyal' in most other supporters eyes, but because he signed with the Roosters he is this un-loyal, traitor etc.

Angry_eel

First Grade
OVP said:
Oh man you are JUST SO RIGHT. Morrison, the CAT, never had any loyalties, neither did Tahu, or Mackinnon, or Grothe, or basically f**king everyone else except Hindmarsh. Are you stupid ?
ye morro doesn't have loyalties. he's already signed up for bradford. What i meant was if players think they can go to a better team, better money or a higher level then they'll leave without caring about loyalty and many players will do that because this isn't the 70s.

Brutus said:
Yes, well done Ash my boy for taking less cash to head over to glamour club, the Roosters, so you could improve as a footballer and play more rep footy.

Looking at that Queensland back-row, I'm think you've failed.:lol:

On ya Ricky for ruining another player's career :clap: Hodges is certainly thankful he left the joint - look at him now.

are you paraletic fan - obvious you must be judging by your post - if parra players spent as much time on the training paddock as they obviously do in a bar they would be leading the comp - unfit physically and mentally they most seem to be

ozzie

Bench
That s not nice Mr Starlin however when you enter the Parramatta leagues Club they have a little room where the players leave their brains...if they had any to start with

Bumble

First Grade
Choppies said:
Harrison is more loyal than most players. He signed a 3 year deal when everything was seemingly going up for the Rabbitohs (end of 02).
We all know that they got 2 spoons and 13th. Did Harrison ask for a release after the 1st spoon or during the 2nd year? No, he saw his contract out.
If Harrison signed with any other club he would be classed as 'loyal' in most other supporters eyes, but because he signed with the Roosters he is this un-loyal, traitor etc.

Now you're starting to understand...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Harrison joins Roosters

Jul 12, 2005
South Sydney's inability to attract quality players was a major factor behind captain Ashley Harrison's decision to join the Sydney Roosters on a three-year deal.

Harrison said the Roosters' player depth and the chance to enhance his fledgling representative career under NSW Origin coach Ricky Stuart also swayed him to agree to terms with the 2002 premiers for less money than Souths were offering.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488121/597228

---------------------------------
Facts:
1. Enhance his rep career: Failed
2. Earn more money: Failed
3. Play in the semis: tba

Fin

Bench
Ziggy the God said:
Harrison joins Roosters

Jul 12, 2005
South Sydney's inability to attract quality players was a major factor behind captain Ashley Harrison's decision to join the Sydney Roosters on a three-year deal.

Harrison said the Roosters' player depth and the chance to enhance his fledgling representative career under NSW Origin coach Ricky Stuart also swayed him to agree to terms with the 2002 premiers for less money than Souths were offering.

I don't think he is going to represent this year,his form is down on last year.He may get some finals action,who knows.
The less money thing is the laughable thing for me,Souths offer $350k,Wests Tigers offer $300k and he signs for the Roosters for $180k,who are they kidding.:lol:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488121/597228

---------------------------------
Facts:

Fin

STSAE

Juniors
Where did your figures come from??

I only read Harrison say "The main thing was the depth of the club and their record speaks for itself," said Harrison, who rejected offers from the Rabbitohs and Wests Tigers.
"Souths are still building that and they're definitely going to get better in the next few years but the top four teams have all got tremendous depth."
"I just wanted to see who they could attract and nothing had been done so I had to make a decision," said Harrison, who made his Origin debut in last week's decider.
Harrison only made up his mind this afternoon after meeting with his manager Chris Orr.
"I haven't played finals footy for three years and that's definitely something I want to do in the near future," said the former Brisbane forward.
"I get pretty jealous watching other teams play at that time of the year."

I cant find a quote from Harrison saying he wants to further his rep career at Easts.
He definatley says Souths inability to attract top name players hepled force him to leave.

Did you read Harrisons quotes??

Ziggy the God said:
Facts:
I suppose if he stayed at Souths you would have all three points covered..

3. Play in the Semis: Not a Chance
:cool: