What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done refs!!! (after game one)

Wizardman

First Grade
A big well done and welcome surprise to see how the game was reffed tonight.

The game actually FLOWED and the refs absolutely ignored the the niggle penalties that don't affect the outcome of a game of rugby league. The only penalties that were called were ones that needed to be called to allow for a game to flow well.

A big well done refs!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Deciding not to penalise broncos regular leg pulling in the tackle was an interesting one.

Someguy

First Grade
The stand out for me was when Munster was standing held by two players, refs called held 3 times before Gillett came barreling in to bring down the pile.

The low was Melbournes second penalty Brisbane who were offside were only called due to a storm error.

But overall a well reffed game that wasn’t a stop start snoozefest like early last season, interestingly players actually kicked for touch a few times to get a breather that was never needed last season

This Year?

Immortal
My lol moment was the non-call of the Bromwich knock on in the 4th minute.

Every season we get fooled into thinking refereeing will get better only to end up disappointed after 8 or 9 weeks.

typicalfan

Coach
My lol moment was the non-call of the Bromwich knock on in the 4th minute.

Every season we get fooled into thinking refereeing will get better only to end up disappointed after 8 or 9 weeks.
The one that went backwards in the lead up to the try by Hughes?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
A big well done and welcome surprise to see how the game was reffed tonight.

The game actually FLOWED and the refs absolutely ignored the the niggle penalties that don't affect the outcome of a game of rugby league. The only penalties that were called were ones that needed to be called to allow for a game to flow well.

A big well done refs!

Telling players they can get away with this stuff is not a great start...

By week 5 EVERYONE will be doing it.

Saxon

Bench
Refs still got no balls. Lodge should have got 10 in the bin at least for the attack on Munster's legs.
Late and deliberate with no attempt to pull out or mitigate.