What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Done Sticky

You have done a great job in 2 weeks.

We have gone to the most boring side in the comp to one that tests the opposition out wide, through the middle, over the top and with good kicks to the flanks.
Great variety from 2 halves who have had 3 whole games together.

We crossed the stripe 5 times today with 3 disallowed - 2 should've been given.
We could've/should've gone in at least another couple of times.

True we let them in for a couple of weak tries but somethings gotta give.
We ain't the side that just wants to tackle anymore.
We ain't the side that wants an 80 minute arm wrestle anymore.
More imprtantly..
We ain't the side that settles for 2 tries a game anymore.

We are chancing our arm more and intensity in defence has dropped.
love it.

I'm prepared to write this season off it means we continue to develop this new approach.
Things could not continue the way they were going - we had become the joke of the league.

We are threatening but excecution is poor due to personnel and guys adapting to Sticky's new style.

Really easy to be critical of elements of the game - but I can't be bothered.
I'm loving this.
Watching this mob is a thousand miles from the sh*te we were dishing up in the first 4 rounds.

This team will evolve. interesting to notice the guys whose games have lifted with us using the ball more and those who are off the pace.
Simmo and Brown are new players.
Covell is being left behind.

Score no indication of the game today.
I reckon more most of it we were the better side.

I hope Sticky continues in this vein and tell them to pull their heads in and focus more on tightening the game up with the wrestle/defence mentality.

*Bump*

Sorry Since 73 but I have to bump this thread you started a few weeks back. I thought it was the funniest sh!t of denial I have read on here for a very long time and I just can't resist.

:crazy:

Since 73

First Grade
FMD - quite day in the barrel is it?

i could sit here all day and pull up past threads where someone might express an opinion that may not have come to fruition 3 weeks later.

Don't apologise - you're just a wanker mate.
You've been around for ages feeding off the Sharks failures.
You love it - you wouldn't know the first thing about this game and where to begin even the most basic analysis.

Good bump, now stick your head back up your arse.

FMD - quite day in the barrel is it?

i could sit here all day and pull up past threads where someone might express an opinion that may not have come to fruition 3 weeks later.

Don't apologise - you're just a wanker mate.
You've been around for ages feeding off the Sharks failures.
You love it - you wouldn't know the first thing about this game and where to begin even the most basic analysis.

Good bump, now stick your head back up your arse.

Hit a nerve have I?

Yes you seem to have basic analysis nailed really well.

Are you still in denial or do you realise that our style and structure of play has gone backwards this year?

Go Nulla

Bench
Get rid of Hughes and bring in Caine. What is the worse thing that can happen, we run 16th ?

millersnose

Post Whore
i enjoy since73's posts

this one is quite typical

he is 'enjoying' the sharks new brilliant brand of football because he thinks last year, were we came equal first, was an 'embarrasment.

i enjoyed this thread just as much as all his prediction threads none of which came true

in fact if since73 predicts something you can be pretty sure the opposite will happen

still..... the forum needs its characters

dovif

Juniors
I've seen some of the best attacking football by the Sharks this year in 8 years.
patience will see the Sharks return to the halicon open footy days of pre-Anderson Kimmorley. Free running Rats, Prestos & Peaches.
Kinda like the Titans.

Except without anyone who can run in the back line

Alan Shore

First Grade
Bump.

How good was it to see Simmons punted and Ferguson actually making breaks down the wing!

Caine and Seu Seu were also sharp from dummy half.

Since 73

First Grade
Well done Sticky.

Much improved tonite and we looked the best we have in long time.
Did a superb player management job tonite getting the guy's so close after that week.

we lack genuine pace and it cost us tonite.
made a lot of inroads tonite but quality finishes we don't have a lot of.

Won the 2nd half - that crap call on halftime after CU2's break was a heartbreaker.

don't reckon we'll see Cory again.

Well done Sticky that's 8 losses in a row.

Probably close to our worst start to a season ever.
The records keep tumbling.

We're still playing enjoyable panic style football and all the errors that come with it. But hey isn't it fun to watch?

Oh and how about Trent's lethal kicking game.
On the 5th tackle I literally get a hard on with the anticipation of what tricky kick he'll put in. And thanks for that pass to me in the Stand Trent but I wasn't playing tonight. Maybe my fault as I screamed "Past it!" and you probably thought I said "Pass It!"

Thank god we don't have the hand brake anymore playing that boring style of footy. Winning isn't everything. Anyway I bet the team he went to a really struggling and not scoring points.

Oh and Ricky I love how you reveal the team with all those tricky positional changes each week 1 hour before kick off. It catches the the opposition off guard and it always works a treat. And I think the rotation policy you have adopted for team selection each week is really fair, considerate and exciting for all concerned. Can you let us in on what day you spin the wheel to decide the make up of the team. Maybe you could sell tickets? Now there's a marketing idea! Or even do it as Half Time entertainment each week? Fans could literally pick the team by each having a go at spinning the wheel.

Let the Good times roll Ricky!

We love you heaps!

millersnose

Post Whore
You have done a great job in 2 weeks.

We have gone to the most boring side in the comp to one that tests the opposition out wide, through the middle, over the top and with good kicks to the flanks.

lol

True we let them in for a couple of weak tries but somethings gotta give.
We ain't the side that just wants to tackle anymore.

thats for sure
We ain't the side that wants an 80 minute arm wrestle anymore.

lo
More imprtantly..
We ain't the side that settles for 2 tries a game anymore.

yeah

1 will do

I hope Sticky continues in this vein and tell them to pull their heads in and focus more on tightening the game up with the wrestle/defence mentality.

yeah that defence crap is over rated

Well done Sticky we've lost the local derby in straight sets.

We have now lost 9 games in a row.

Can we get to 10.

10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10! 10!

P.S We are loving the great attacking play this year.

Thank god you got rid of the handbrake.

I bet the Club he went to a really struggling to score points......

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
This thread is solid gold.

On behalf of all Saints fans I profess solidarity with Since 73 & BTR - keep up the outstanding work Ricky, its really eye catching stuff. Noddy was without doubt holding you back.

Feel for you blokes Millers & Slayer - can't say much more than that. You blokes deserve better. The others, well, doesn't matter how much you sugar coat sh*t - its still sh*t.

Since 73

First Grade
Hats off to all the fools who professed on Sunday morning "How well the Bulldogs did to thrash storm without Kimmorely."

Hahahahahahah
FMD!!

Their biggest win of the year.

Mick Ennis is the buy of the year and has sparked that team thru the creative game which almost saw him in SOO.
He has a good side around him in Patten, Morris, Roberts, Stagg, Ryan and hannant and is providing attacking opportunities for them.
He'd be pissed off big time reading that crap every week.
The anchor runs around each week for 80 minutes like a blowfly in a bottle struggling to keep up and fall off tackles.
In the meantime his only contribution is to kick the pill to the opposing fullback.

They got rid of him on the weekend and put the cleaners thru one of the heavyweights.

Well done Sticky.
We'd be in a bigger hole than we are now if you'd kept him.

Last edited:

Latest posts