What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done V Canberra

ozzie

Bench
Even though Raiders 1st aren't going too well at the moment - the lower grades are always hard to beat.

Your team did it in style - well done - good to see you high up the comp ladder

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Thanks ozzie :^) It was a great match to watch and it certainly had some nail biting moments as the Raiders came close to levelling the score a few times, but yes the Jets did do it in style!

2 True Blues

Coach
Top game , but in all realism Jets are still conceding lots of points in defence. Although I am sure it will improve in time and that our attack is pretty good, we are conceding far too much when compared to a comp leader like Parra.

2 True Blues

Coach
Well done to big David VIAL scoring a try on debut in Prem/League. But where was Lafi MANUA and Troy SAVAGE ( 3 tries the week prior ). Were they on the bench for first grade or something ???
Or are they suffering from an injury ???

If MORLEY is back next weekend for the Roosters who will be coming back into the Jets line-up.??? Would be great to have a Nigel PLUM back in this line-up for sure !!!

Jeffles

Bench
I didn't think that was David Vial's debut in PL. Though he did hold his own and should be proud.

HensonRegular

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Top game , but in all realism Jets are still conceding lots of points in defence. Although I am sure it will improve in time and that our attack is pretty good, we are conceding far too much when compared to a comp leader like Parra.

Couldn't agree more 2 True Blues. At Premier League level, if you hang on to the ball you will score tries. But the top teams are the ones who can dig in and hold teams out for repeated sets of six. We haven't done that yet - there seems to be a lack of urgency in our defence. Hopefully the coach can drum this into the boys as the season progresses.

Anyway, always good to beat Canberra. Only our second victory (I think) against the green machine since being back in Premier League.

Go the Jets!

As 2TB's has stated we need to work on our defence, but otherwise it was a pretty good day at the office for the boys in royal blue. How good is that Sa? Doubt we'll be seeing much more of him at Henson.

2 True Blues

Coach
HensonRegular said:
Couldn't agree more 2 True Blues. At Premier League level, if you hang on to the ball you will score tries. But the top teams are the ones who can dig in and hold teams out for repeated sets of six. We haven't done that yet - there seems to be a lack of urgency in our defence. Hopefully the coach can drum this into the boys as the season progresses.

Anyway, always good to beat Canberra. Only our second victory (I think) against the green machine since being back in Premier League.

Go the Jets!

***Memories of WESTY scoring under the posts at Henson in the dying seconds to steal the game from the Raiders several seasons ago, top stuff I lost my voice for three days after that one***

On the defensive thing again saw that parramatta beat Bulldogs 52 to NIL last night. And apparently The Berries having the bye in firsts dropped players like O'MELEY and they still got smashed. Parra are the side to beat once again in 2006.....