What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll make the GF this year

Tommy Smith

Referee
Right on the back of my "I f**king hate being a Roosters fan" Thread id like to state that i reckon we'll make the GF this year...or at the very least the Prelim.

The reason i was so extraordinarily pissed off after Sundays loss is that i can see that, as a team, they appear to be absolutely on the verge of putting it all together.

And frustratingly they kind of did and yet still lost the unloseable.

But on the back of potentially the best halves combo in the comp and a forward pack really finding its groove (Myles, Ryles, JWH, FPN and Aubo are forming a very strong core) i can see us being the most likely team to do a "Tigers 05" on everyone.

It also helps that, Dragons aside (and to a degree the Panthers) the rest of the competition are looking absolutely woeful atm. There has surely never been a comp where there has only been one good team in it...and that team are the biggest chokers known to man!

So if we can avoid the Dragons and hit our peak i really cant see another side we should be afraid of. Certainly not Souths, Titans, Tigers, Broncos or Manly (well maybe Manly if they get it together).

So you heard it here first, we will very soon put everything together and go on a GF run ala the Tigers in 05.

*Queue the r-tard bunch of trolls*

Spot On

Coach
I see your point re the forwards and halves but the Roosters backs are pretty ordinary aren't they. Keep Mini out of the plays and Roosters could definitely score more points. That bloke should only touch the ball when catching and returning it.

Geohood

Bench
I was sitting there watching the game on Sunday and was very suprised at how we were playing.... still a bit of inexperience there when they tried to get a bit too fancy and got our pants pulled down at the end but I could see a really good team forming. I think we'll still be inconsistent this year but if we keep the ball rolling we will have a great 2011 built around Carney and Pearce in the halves.

RHCP

Bench
This thread's going to make you look rather silly when the Roosters miss out on the 8.

Geohood

Bench
Right on the back of my "I f**king hate being a Roosters fan" Thread id like to state that i reckon we'll make the GF this year...or at the very least the Prelim.

The reason i was so extraordinarily pissed off after Sundays loss is that i can see that, as a team, they appear to be absolutely on the verge of putting it all together.

But on the back of potentially the best halves combo in the comp and a forward pack really finding its groove (Myles, Ryles, JWH, FPN and Aubo are forming a very strong core) i can see us being the most likely team to do a "Tigers 05" on everyone.

It also helps that, Dragons aside (and to a degree the Panthers) the rest of the competition are looking absolutely woeful atm. There has surely never been a comp where there has only been one good team in it...and that team are the biggest chokers known to man!

So if we can avoid the Dragons and hit our peak i really cant see another side we should be afraid of. Certainly not Souths, Titans, Tigers, Broncos or Manly (well maybe Manly if they get it together).

So you heard it here first, we will very soon put everything together and go on a GF run ala the Tigers in 05.

And yes, they were exactly my feelings.

Gaba

First Grade
The roosters halfback what will be the problem , pearce is a kicker nothing else against defensive teams and will not hurt many teams.

he was Dominated by tim smith FFS , that there should be sending alarm bells , that the roosters will struggle.

No decent halfback would be dominated by tim smith

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
id like to state that i reckon we'll make the GF this year...

laughing.gif

11Straight

Juniors

f**king LOL you are the biggest jekyll and hyde team going at the moment.

I can't see your current trend of WLWLWLWL changing for the rest of the year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I still maintain that aside from the Dragons, who are far and away the best team in the comp, there isn't another team in the comp who anybody should fear at all.

This is a woeful, truly woeful standard competition. So if we click at the right time, then just like the Rabbits, Tigers, Broncos, Eels i see no reason why we can't go on a great finals run.

Because now the era of the dominant football sides is pretty much over thanks to the salary cap it will be the case more and more where teams come from nowhere like the Tigers in 05 and Eels last year to make a GF run.

All you have to do is have everyone fit and put together 8 good weeks of football. And i think we're just as capable as the other sides i mentioned...certainly on paper.

dreaming 09

Juniors
Mate you're pissing in the wind if you think that you'll make the gf, with the team you've got, hey but don't rule out buying someone to get you there.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
I still maintain that aside from the Dragons, who are far and away the best team in the comp, there isn't another team in the comp who anybody should fear at all.

This is a woeful, truly woeful standard competition. So if we click at the right time, then just like the Rabbits, Tigers, Broncos, Eels i see no reason why we can't go on a great finals run.

Because now the era of the dominant football sides is pretty much over thanks to the salary cap it will be the case more and more where teams come from nowhere like the Tigers in 05 and Eels last year to make a GF run.

All you have to do is have everyone fit and put together 8 good weeks of football. And i think we're just as capable as the other sides i mentioned...certainly on paper.

I was going to say exactly that. Apart from the Dragons (and we all know their record in finals/grand finals in the last 30 years), there is about 8 other teams that are practically the same and could beat anyone on their day.

That's why I still had hope about 6 weeks or so when the Broncos were down near the bottom of the table, I knew there was a chance we could miss the 8 (still is), but if we put together a run at the right time with no injuries who knows what could happen.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I reckon you'll finish on a credible 22 maybe 24 and that's with a good home run and Issac Luke's injury giving you the Rabbits game
Better luck in '11

OVP

Coach
Speaking of downs, this thread has attracted all the usual suspects...mostly Stain fans

It's like when you bake a pie and leave it on the window sill to cool but find you've left the screen door open. Who let in all the f**king flies ?? :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hmmm, im not looking so stupid am i now? I wonder if the trolls will return to this thread anytime soon.

Regardless of what happens from here on in they've already proven my point that, Dragons aside, we are on a par if not better on our day than any other side in the comp.

rainman44

Bench
I think you are on the money tommy smith,im a dragons man but even so i can see the roosters beating any one if there passes stick.

Packy

Bench
It's not certain yet but teh last 2 weeks defs indicated you guys are a chance of going all the way.

Good win last night.