What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well people, you got what you wanted, I hope your happy with this mediocrity!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Just finished watching the NYC involving Brisbane and Cronulla..

The broncs team looks to have been coached better and would smashed our first grade team...

Its disappointing when you watch an under 20's game and see them playing better then your first grade team..

Bazal

Post Whore
Gee, small penis syndrome much RJ and Bazal? :lol: Or just paranoia? Another week another Finch-Smith I told you so thread...

Fact: Despite last year and the off-season Tim was slated in as the number one choice playmaker for the club. His early form showed nothing, and it was Tim himself who came out and gave the explanation and made his decision to take a positive step in his life.

Situation: Parra is left without its first choice playmaker this season, with no-one on the market for a mid-season swap, and any salary cap rebate remains unclear.

Fact: Finch is the best person in the squad to take over at number 7 for the remainder of this year. Doesn't mean he has all the natural talent of Tim, but that's irrelevant as Tim is no longer an NRL player of his own choosing.

Options: Support Finch and the team, suggest who we bring up to play number 7 instead of Finch, suggest who we should buy/develop for 2009 - remembering Finch's new deal doesn't mean he has to stay number 7 (6, 9, 14 or even 13 could be suitable in my view).

Small dick option: Start an I told you so/sucked in thread to bag out your fellow supporters every week for the rest of the year, and not leave Tim Smith to get on with his recovery...

Even your forum nemesis ParraPete never stooped so low to start an I told you so thread, when Tim proved to have issues affecting his game in a way that PP had previously spotted/feared.

Funny....I didn't mention Tim...nor did I say I told you so. Just pointing out a fact. Given the abuse I copped for not rating Finch, I think I have a right to feel slightly vindicated.

As for your suggestions....well, perhaps some wider reading would be in order. Here, let me help you out...

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=4218860&postcount=4

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=4218757&postcount=2

Or, in fact, from this very thread?

Bazal said:
I think, though, that that's the main problem here. Finch's best is only ok...and unless you have Darren Lockyer, an "ok" 7 doesn't win you competitions. I do agree he's not the entire problem, but to me he kind of personifies the issues we have as a club...as does Hagan, Wagon, etc etc. We settle for the first thing we can get. If that means re-signing a mediocre player instead of hunting for new blood because it's a sure thing, then we do it. It happened under Smith and it's happening under Hages. I just feel we have developed a culture that accepts (hell, rewards) mediocrity...and that won't change until the management does IMO

I can't say I could be f**ked finding more amongst the thousand threads created today, but perhaps before you personally abuse me (speaking of irony, personal abuse from you) you should have a look around? I dunno, maybe that's just me....And if you still think this is about some crazy, unreasoning vendetta...well then that's your opinion, misguided as it may be, and feel free to abuse away. As if I care...

bartman

Immortal
And if you still think this is about some crazy, unreasoning vendetta...well then that's your opinion, misguided as it may be, and feel free to abuse away. As if I care...
You do a real good job of showing you don't care too ;-)

Obviously it was RJ's thread with the irrelevant mentions of Tim, but you were first in there with a post #2 to try and make it like a crazy woe-is-us vendetta revenge thing. I'm only talking about this thread with my above comments, and the fact ones like this have been a weekly occurrence you've kept up since Tim chose his own destiny, and made a big dent on the squad's destiny for the year as well.

All laughable really in my opinion, hence the "little pinkie" reference...

You seem to be saying you're not pursuing a vendetta, yet then finding reasons that doing so would be justified? That is, if that's what you're trying to do. Which of course, as you've said, you're not doing at all...

Hmm, your "suggestions" that you've helpfully pointed me to seem to be:
a) sign Lockyer? (from this thread, and not a mid-season fix)
b) promote Trent for 09 (currently out for the season, so not a mid-season fix
c) ???? moan about copping flack over being one of the few to not realise that Tim was in a poor way this year, and that the team (and Tim himself), had better options.

Anyway, you seem to not care, as you've said, so I expect this typing is wasted on you... Or maybe I should go to your playpen sticky thread and contribute something meaningful to that ongoing pissing cont... er, discussion?

bartman

Immortal
but perhaps before you personally abuse me (speaking of irony, personal abuse from you) you should have a look around?
I'm not sure I appreciate the irony... or when expressing an opinion on the quality and motivation behind the first two posts in a thread became abuse? But anyway, on with the paranoia/vendetta!

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmm, your "suggestions" that you've helpfully pointed me to seem to be:
a) sign Lockyer? (from this thread, and not a mid-season fix)
b) promote Trent for 09 (currently out for the season, so not a mid-season fix
c) ???? moan about copping flack over being one of the few to not realise that Tim was in a poor way this year, and that the team (and Tim himself), had better options.

And it seems you have either completely misread all those bar the second, or are taking the piss....Sign Lockyer? You're having a laugh....it was an indication that the only "ok" halfback to win a competition in recent times was Shane Perry, with possibly the best player in the world at the time outside him....whilst the rest of the post was my take on why Finch cops what he does. The part you conveniently neglected.

And I take it you missed the link about Timmy being gone and us living with what we have for this season? It would seem so, or perhaps it just didn't suit your opinion? You can say what you will, but as far as I;m concerned I have always backed my opinion with points relating to football, and the comments you've made about me even mentioning Tim about from the post about him being gone is downright wrong.

As for me being the second post....oh dear, what a terrible thing that is, especially given how active I was in terms of posts in all threads at the time. :roll:

I'm only talking about this thread with my above comments, and the fact ones like this have been a weekly occurrence you've kept up since Tim chose his own destiny, and made a big dent on the squad's destiny for the year as well.
Please point me to my posts regarding Tim in the last few weeks? I'm struggling to remember many, perhaps you could refresh my memory? Oh, and next time, I'll be sure to refrain from commenting on the lack of skill shown by our halfback, just to avoid offending you, shall I? As for my "vendetta"...I'd love to know when someone with an opinion he or she backs with fact based on performance became the definition of "vendetta"...

I'm not sure I appreciate the irony... or when expressing an opinion on the quality and motivation behind the first two posts in a thread became abuse? But anyway, on with the paranoia/vendetta!
Hmmm....Let's see...you made a personal comment towards myself and RJ, not a week after complaining to the point of threats over us doing the same to PP (who can obviously hack it better than you, may I add). Ironic? I think so....not that I care, abuse away! Just don't piss and moan if you cop it back

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Gee, small penis syndrome much RJ and Bazal? :lol: Or just paranoia? Another week another Finch-Smith I told you so thread...

Fact: Despite last year and the off-season Tim was slated in as the number one choice playmaker for the club. His early form showed nothing, and it was Tim himself who came out and gave the explanation and made his decision to take a positive step in his life.

Situation: Parra is left without its first choice playmaker this season, with no-one on the market for a mid-season swap, and any salary cap rebate remains unclear.

Fact: Finch is the best person in the squad to take over at number 7 for the remainder of this year. Doesn't mean he has all the natural talent of Tim, but that's irrelevant as Tim is no longer an NRL player of his own choosing.

Options: Support Finch and the team, suggest who we bring up to play number 7 instead of Finch, suggest who we should buy/develop for 2009 - remembering Finch's new deal doesn't mean he has to stay number 7 (6, 9, 14 or even 13 could be suitable in my view).

Small dick option: Start an I told you so/sucked in thread to bag out your fellow supporters every week for the rest of the year, and not leave Tim Smith to get on with his recovery...

Even your forum nemesis ParraPete never stooped so low to start an I told you so thread, when Tim proved to have issues affecting his game in a way that PP had previously spotted/feared.

but but....that's just my opinion, i'm entitled to one, how dare you say i'm not allowed an opinion blah blah :lol::lol:;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Just finished watching the NYC involving Brisbane and Cronulla..

The broncs team looks to have been coached better and would smashed our first grade team...

Its disappointing when you watch an under 20's game and see them playing better then your first grade team..

That's the bottom line isn't it, we just looked poorly coached, our plyers are one step behind everyother side it seems, we still think it's 2007, they're in 2008 with new devised plans.

strider

Post Whore

mmm true - pete never started an i told you so thread - he just posted it in EVERY FRICKIN THREAD ON THE FORUM :lol: :lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
When those players were all bunched up in a huddle last night I was screaming. Only the wingers/centres were where they should have been everyone else was bunched up and going no where

Ron Jeremy

Coach
mmm true - pete never started an i told you so thread - he just posted it in EVERY FRICKIN THREAD ON THE FORUM :lol: :lol:

but but but thats just an opinion :lol::lol:

And yes people stats it in every thread, including bloody Raiders news.

parra pete

Referee
Where are the thought police when you need them. Probably going through my posts to see where they can hammer me..
I thought Tim Smith cracked up and admitted her was crook and gave the game away.
Why can't his 'cheer squad and their apologists (Strider, Colonel and co) face up to it??? That's what has me beat!!!!!!!.

parra pete

Referee
Where are the thought police when you need them. Probably going through my posts to see where they can hammer me..
I thought Tim Smith cracked up and admitted her was crook and gave the game away.
Why can't his 'cheer squad and their apologists (Strider, Colonel and co) face up to it??? That's what has me beat!!!!!!!.
They cling to hope like it is Sloopy...
Just for you Strider.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kubb6o9szZY -

strider

Post Whore
actually i don't care if u think tim smith is he spawn of satan .... its the way you kept on and on obsessing about it like a 5yr old that i think was lame

eels_fan_01

Bench
3 year deal for Finch, hahahahahaha you stupid dopes that wanted this guy, and too boot 3 f**kING YEARS MORE!!!! He’s a spare parts player, that's all! Blokes like him you don't spend $200,000 and sign to long term deals!!. His performance was just embarrassing, that bad a 19 year old on the other side made his look so pathetic, we're f**ked.

People who didn't want Tim, you have got your wish, hope you're f**king happy!!!

-Happy at having Cayless at $400,000 year whilst every single Roosters forward outplayed this pathetic excuse of a prop tonight, he's an absolute joke of captain/hard man, I hope he goes ASAP an frees up some money for us, f**king tight arse he is.

- Fitzy, he's just a f**kwitt who cannot organize a footy side, hence why nothing in 22 years, the guys a f**king dope!! Please just f**k off, and take those wanker board members with you so your stench is completely ridden off.

- 4 year Ben, another brilliant move, another f**king injury, but hey fitzy doesn't take into consideration injuries when negotiating, probably why he's the best in the business!

Atleast Finch is having a go. What do you want him to do with a pussy forward pack.

Tim Smith was the biggest waste of talent in the NRL.

How did we know Ben Smith would get hurt again, what because he is injury prone? Sonny Bill used to be aswell lucky the dogs stuck with him. They cant predict the future.

Hutchy86

Juniors
*sigh*
feel sorry for any bloke who pulls on a blue and gold 7 jersey..
apparently a lazy, slow forward pack is the least of our concerns

parra pete

Referee
actually i don't care if u think tim smith is he spawn of satan .... its the way you kept on and on obsessing about it like a 5yr old that i think was lame

I had to do it that way for you to understand it...I was targetting the 'readership 5-15. I think I got most. I'm glad you fell into that bracket though, Strider.

strider

Post Whore
[/b]

I had to do it that way for you to understand it...I was targetting the 'readership 5-15. I think I got most. I'm glad you fell into that bracket though, Strider.
what? no song for me to go along with that little insult? :lol: :lol:

but seriously - I don't care that you think tim is crap - infact I agree, he tends to plays scared .... I've never been a big tim fan, always thought he was a bit overrated, even in his good debut year .... but I was always happy to support him and I believe the poor kid's life was ruined by being hounded by the media and so called footy fans death riding him wanting to see him fail .... all our players are out there trying their best, whether we think so or not - they don't deserve the obsessive sh*t thrown at them in this forum - and yeah RJ and Baz (and probably others who don't like finch) are going down the same lame path with finch as you did with tim (see my first post in this thread)

bartman

Immortal
bazal said:
Hmmm....Let's see...you made a personal comment towards myself and RJ, not a week after complaining to the point of threats over us doing the same to PP (who can obviously hack it better than you, may I add). Ironic? I think so....not that I care, abuse away! Just don't piss and moan if you cop it back
:lol: Complaining to the point of threats? Can't say I remember that one Bazal, must be the paranoia / everyone paid out on us but now everyone agrees with us / mentality talking there?

I'm not pissing and moaning, or copping anything back. Just pointing out how silly it is that you and RJ moan about Parra Pete disagreeing with your opinions and bringing up Tim, when you guys do as much to start it off and continue it yourself. If you don't like tasting your own methods It's hardly my fault ;-)

For someone who doesn't care, you still seem to be doing a good job of getting bothered if people have an opinion different to your own. Good on you for all these other footy related posts you want to draw attention to - but my main/only point in my comment was to pass my opinion on what a useless petty, non-football related thread this was.

Bagging out other supporters for supposedly "wanting and getting mediocrity", and then joining in to claim some sort of martyr/outsider status :lol: Pretty rich to be claiming others are moaning by simply having a different opinion and making a post in opposition to that, but I'll leave you to your playpen behaviour in your playpen thread...

bartman

Immortal
but but....that's just my opinion, i'm entitled to one, how dare you say i'm not allowed an opinion blah blah :lol::lol:;-)
I never said you weren't - paranoia striking again RJ?

Just simply disagreeing with your opinion and choice of thread and content :lol:.