What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well people, you got what you wanted, I hope your happy with this mediocrity!

bartman

Immortal
On a football-related note, it seems everyone in this thread - including RJ - are now admitting the half situation is the least of our problems, and the forwards need to have a real look at their efforts on field.

hybrideel

Bench
That's what gives me the sh!ts. And when i say this i do agree with the fact that our forwards are a big part or the problem. My point is that these are the same forwards who were doing nothing at the start of the year when someone else wearing the number 7 copped ALL the blame by quite a few people for our form. Those same people are now blaming the forward pack rather than the 7.
Obviously people have favourites and will defend them as much as possible (me included, i was a fan of Tim and not so much of Finchy however neither did much for us this season) but how can the change in ideas as to the blame for our poor showings be justified. Also isn't it the job of the 7 to get these slow lazy forwards doing their job. On the field that is.
The thing is as Bartman has said we don't have any other option for this year so we just have to hope Finches form gets better

bartman

Immortal
That's what gives me the sh!ts. And when i say this i do agree with the fact that our forwards are a big part or the problem. My point is that these are the same forwards who were doing nothing at the start of the year when someone else wearing the number 7 copped ALL the blame by quite a few people for our form. Those same people are now blaming the forward pack rather than the 7.
I'm not sure people were blaming Tim alone for Parra's bad form? That's very different from suggesting Finch might be a better option at 7 driving the team into action.

Either way, having gone with what was the better option (or now only, through Tim's own choice/admission) at 7, Finch is all we've got and everyone in the team (1 through 17) have to step up the efforts, because we are missing a playmaker who the team and coach had based their plans around.

It's natural that examination turns to the forwards with no other (realistic) options left in the halves, it's just strange that some people start threads to make themselves out as martyrs, just because attempted solutions to the situation we are left in are being followed in the most logical order? Whether we like it or not, Tim is not going to come back, and blame games and i told you so and personal paranoia are irrelevant.

I"ve written in a different thread that after watching other teams play on Saturday, I think what this team is lacking most at the moment is direction and spark from dummy half into the forwards hit ups. Maybe Riddell and the rest of the team (and coach) got used to the idea of just going through predictable sets waiting for a talented half to conjure up plays to get some points on the board or good field position? Once that talented player ran out of talent/form/ability to play week in week out, no-one has adjusted their game or game plan.

I think thinks look more unpredictable early in the tackle count with Keating on the field at 9, and I'm not sure Riddell offers the type of play I see no name hookers providing to other teams at dummy half, organising the forwards with a variety quick balls, close balls, switches, second man runs and other variations that we never seem to employ.

Riddell makes some good runs out wide when used as a second rower, so I'd like to see him there after the bye, and Keating given more minutes and the permission to order and spark the older guys in the pack to adapt to the conditions of the game, since no-one else seems to have been able to do it this season..

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
you know the worst prt about Parra? it's actually making me loose interest in the club, i hate to say i'm more a gridiron fan these days then league because of the way we're going!
thats great champ, we don't need fans like you who only want to be around through the good times....go throw a ball forward

Ron Jeremy

Coach
thats great champ, we don't need fans like you who only want to be around through the good times....go throw a ball forward

What?:lol: i didn't say i was ditching Parra for another side or nything just that my usual interest in the game is not what it use to be.

Oh by the way, look when i joined these forums yeah right in the midst of a purple patch :lol:

Where were you from 91-95 by the way? i was at 90% of the home games, you?

V1er

Juniors
I Can’t recall any of finch’s kicks actually getting inside the roosters in-goal area, I can’t even recall any of our kicks going over the head of the fullback either.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I thought our first half was not too bad with quite a few 50/50's going against us. The problem was that we were at least a 12 point better side than the Roosters but we couldn't get the ball over the line. And they had some real gifts.

After the break we kicked off and didn't touch the ball again for 8-9 minutes. That was the end and we gave up. I don't like the way we gave up.

I knew from set 1 though that we were going to struggle, after having some nice improvements around the ruck area last week, we went back to one out stuff and the Roosters ate that up. They tired us out with some nice offloading, interchanging of passes before the line and reaped the benefits in the latter stages of the game.

What needs to happen is employ an attacking tactic that has some variation and depth in the attack. Roosters weren't made to defend against much offloading or angle running. The plan should have been to shift it wider to the fringes and have the outside backs run some angles (out and in field). Finch should never lay the ball off inside to a forward for a soft hit up again!!!