What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well, was that good enough ?

ozbash

Referee
could have given just about every player a mark in the 3-2-1 thread. Only one to dissapoint was Moon.

Best I have seen the boys play this year, Maloney excelled, he controlled the game and our backline.

Best game I have seen Packer play, ever. He was totally committed and took every ball at pace.

Jro had a very good game as did Brown.

Have we done enough to make the 8 ?

Are we good enough to go further than just making the 8 ?

Were we/me wrong about the coach ? :sarcasm:

I think the coaching pair of Iro and Cleary has been great this season, the two have combined their knowledge and we are starting to see the results of their efforts.

MKEB...

Staff member
Pretty much on the button Ozbash, but I didnt see the deficiencies in Moon that you seen. I don think he played that badly at all, next to no line breaks against his side of the field...and looked to be putting his hand up to carry the ball forward.
I did think that was the most complete warriors performance this year.

Last edited:

Skinner

Coach
1) Have we done enough to make the 8 ?

2) Are we good enough to go further than just making the 8 ?

3) Were we/me wrong about the coach ? :sarcasm:

1) Too early to tell

2) No

3) NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

NZ Warrior

First Grade
could have given just about every player a mark in the 3-2-1 thread. Only one to dissapoint was Moon.

Best I have seen the boys play this year, Maloney excelled, he controlled the game and our backline.

Best game I have seen Packer play, ever. He was totally committed and took every ball at pace.

Jro had a very good game as did Brown.

Have we done enough to make the 8 ?

Are we good enough to go further than just making the 8 ?

Were we/me wrong about the coach ? :sarcasm:

Quite right there, OB. Don't know why you are putting the boot into Moon??? I thought he had a solid game, put in some strong D.

Your Toy Boy, JBro had a fantastic game at #1. I'd really like to see him back there against the Panthers.

I think if we keep up with these sorts of performances, we'll make the 8.
I'll wait until after the Panthers game to elaborate how far we'll get in the finals series.
And I haven't really put the boot into the coaching staff this season. So I'm watching on quite smugly from the fence at the moment. I think Iro has been a good addition into the coaching staff.

And it was bloody good to watch the U20's destroy the Eels too.

ozbash

Referee
Your Toy Boy, JBro had a fantastic game at #1. I'd really like to see him back there against the Panthers.

Jro is the real deal. he can play anywhere.

Just takes some of you a little longer to recognise his class...

What about Sam Lousi in the 20,s eh ?? Is he the next big thing, or what...

MKEB...

Staff member
Jro is the real deal. he can play anywhere.

Just takes some of you a little longer to recognise his class...

Hang on... I seem to remember you wrting him off a while back (only a month ago). Selective memory Ozbash? :oops:

NZ Warrior

First Grade

He is definitely looking the goods. I just hope that the likes of him & Gavet can continue their development and be allowed to refine their skills.

ozreece77

Juniors
He is definitely looking the goods. I just hope that the likes of him & Gavet can continue their development and be allowed to refine their skills.

and not get poached by other clubs like Rapira, Ah mau, O'regan, Likiliki, Retzlaff etc

Rich102

Staff member
Actually I was very impressed by Mark Ioane on the Weekend. He is playing very well and would be well worth an upgraded contract.

I am warming to Zensei Inu too. Some nice touches.

MKEB...

Staff member
Would love to see who is bigger ...Zensei Inu or Jason Smith?
Inu does have the ball playing flair in spades, hope he can keep it going

Iafeta

Referee
and not get poached by other clubs like Rapira, Ah mau, O'regan, Likiliki, Retzlaff etc

To be fair, we poached Retzlaff from the Tigers (and let him go when he wasn't going to play first grade), and O'Regan... well, he went to the Storm, and we all know the Storm were telling a few little white lies to get players onto their roster. It kinda worked in our favour though the way they were rorting it, from memory we were pretty hardcore about Brett Finch at the end of last year but they found a couple of yachts to keep him and we instead got to see Maloney and John in particular develop.