What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wendell Sailor officially retires from the NRL

Doug2234

First Grade
If his eligable for the allstars game it will be a joke and a disgrace.........

The only joke and disgrace is your posts!

Why cant he have a send off in the Indigenous Team. He does more community work then most of the players in the NRL

Read the article again as he will be playing if voted in.

The NRL have also offered Wendell a role within their “One Community” program and have acknowledged that should the public vote continue as it has and he can maintain his selection in the Indigenous team for the match against the All Stars at Skilled Park on the Gold Coast on February 13.
“Wendell has finished his career in a way that has inspired the community,” said NRL CEO David Gallop. “He’s shown that people cannot only overcome their mistakes but they can be better for the experience. In doing so he’s brought joy and excitement to thousands of fans and provided guidance to young players.
We are keen to see him play an important role in our one community programme and a role in promoting rugby league,” added Gallop.

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
If his eligable for the allstars game it will be a joke and a disgrace.........

On the contrary.

He deserves to be rewarded.

There aren't many sports stars who have put their hand up, admitted their mistake and taken their punishment like a man and come out the other side a shining inspiration like Wendell did.

Certainly none from Newcastle that I recall!!!! :p

Champion athlete, heart as big as the moon and a great sense of humour.

The game will miss him on the field but very glad to hear he won't be lost off it.

Absolute disgrace I say it again. Already players will be moving to boycott this match which is a damn shamn as it would have been great for the game.

How people have rated this clown as a role model is beyond me. His antiques are what have dragged this game backwards 50%, Dell can go to hell.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Absolute disgrace I say it again. Already players will be moving to boycott this match which is a damn shamn as it would have been great for the game.

How people have rated this clown as a role model is beyond me. His antiques are what have dragged this game backwards 50%, Dell can go to hell.

Antiques generally come from times gone by. "Dragging them backwards" if you will.

What exactly has he done so wrong since his return to the NRL? He works heavily within the community promoting the game and fundraising events. His "antics" bring people through the gates at games, and he's always the last player to leave a field talking to fans and signing autographs. I hardly see how that is "dragging the game backwards". He made a mistake, admitted it, and copped his punishment on the chin, then worked hard to earn back the respect of the fans and media alike.

You may not like his persona, but he's hardly a blight on the game.

Last edited:
Maddog is actually a pillar of the league community and any time a player needs anything wether its advise or otherwise Maddog is there.

All that Wendall has done is assist in the disintegration of our society and its values, I point you to the recent disturbances in Sydney as my source.

Players will not play if Wendell is playing Gallop who is the best CEO our brand has ever seen will no doubt address this issue before long.

jc155776

Coach
Great Character of the game.

Would always give the opposing fans a great target and then give it back tenfold when he would score, which everyone loved!

Remember Shark Park this year giving him a gobful with about 100 others and then having the prick score in the same corner and give us a wave.

skeepe

Immortal
Maddog is actually a pillar of the league community and any time a player needs anything wether its advise or otherwise Maddog is there.

All that Wendall has done is assist in the disintegration of our society and its values, I point you to the recent disturbances in Sydney as my source.

Players will not play if Wendell is playing Gallop who is the best CEO our brand has ever seen will no doubt address this issue before long.

You're not playing with a full deck are you?

Very very disappointed in people here the initial article is saying more then is printed and its very disturbing.

Quite upset to be in the same city but with downs must come ups and I just have to ride it til it balances out.