What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're are in BIG trouble.

Chook_Raper

Juniors
If this slide continues, and I know we have alot out, then we are going to miss out on the 8 again.

With all these injuries and Origin commitments , we are looking at fielding a reserve grade side for atleast 3 more games this year. We are in big trouble if we don't scrape out a win or two through this period. What happens if more get injured?

11Straight

Juniors
Thankfully most of the injurys are not season ending so hopefully if things go right for us for a change we should get a few back for the coming games.

drake

First Grade
If parra don't beat us this friday, it's time for parra fans to lynch dennis and brian.

or is it another case of "Smells like Newtown", Smithy?

Tipping an upset.

Anonymous

Juniors
Chook Raper. With respect, I'm not buying into the doom and gloom. We've hit a wall but there's plenty of time to recover. The team has already shown what they've got and things will swing back in our favour. I know I'd rather be in our position, then the position the Sharks find themselves in.... for example.

As for this Friday's match, Parra have players missing plus there are other problems at the Eels. I think it's evened up a lot. It'll be a good match.

Biglance

Bench
1. Clint Greenshields

2. Andrew Frew

3. David Howell

4. John Carlaw

5. Reece Simmonds

6. Daniel Holdsworth

7. Matthew Head

8. Nathan Long

9. Mark Riddell

10. Justin Poore

11. Ben Creagh

12. Tony Jensen

13. Dean Young

14. Ashton Sims

15. Bryan Norrie

16. Aaron Wheatley

17. Lincoln Withers

iam confident we will kill parra

Stagger eel

Staff member
drake said:
If parra don't beat us this friday, it's time for parra fans to lynch dennis and brian.

or is it another case of "Smells like Newtown", Smithy?

Tipping an upset.

Mate!! believe me, there will be a line from his office in the leagues club going out the door onto O'Connell st then down to Victoria rd probably finishing up at West Ryde!!

seriously guys!! this is a great game for you guys for many reasons, your not expected to win, your showcaseing your young guns and can only be benefit to the club having those blokes thrown against a bunch of sheilas and who knows you might even spring the biggest upset since Baby Broncos beating the Tigers.

Simon

Juniors
A few surprises in that team. Creagh in the backrow is surprising, even though he's been playing there off the bench. Holdsworth a jersy flegg player getting a start over Gorrell and Russell. Also Poore starting ahead of Sims surprises me. I expected Norrie to play but didn't expect Wheatley. Would of thought Katu or Henderson.

These guys must of impressed Brown. I'm looking forward to watching Holdsworth. For a youngster to be selected after 1 premier league game off the bench he must be a player of the future.

Simon

Juniors
Also Young is captain. The youngest ever captain for either St George or Illawarra and the 4th youngest captain of all time after Dave Brown (Easts), Phil Gould (Penrith) and Bob Fulton (Manly. He's 20 yrs and 205 days old.

Chook_Raper

Juniors
That side might do OK. I think we are proabaly lucky we are playing the Eels. Yes. We are in a better postion than the Sharks at the moment, but that won't last long if we keep losing. It would be unbearable to have them catch us and they have a couple of relatively easy games coming up. They are only 2 points behind us as it is. If they win their next 2 and we lose our next 2 then we are all of a sudden not in such a good position.

After Parramatta we have Brisbane up there. Then the Cowboys, followed by the Panthers. We could flop right out of the 8 with all our injuries and rep duties.

sfuzzwaa

Juniors
We are in big trouble if we don't scrape out a win or two through this period. What happens if more get injured?[/quote]

I couldn't agree more Chook. I knew I was getting my hopes up to early in the season. Damn those positive thoughts.

Hopefully, we can scrape a few wins together over the next few rounds and get on a roll again when all the big names come back.

It's not all doom and gloom .... yet.

georgef3895

Lisa

I reckon they'll leave him there for the rest of the year.
I wonder if Sterlo would consider giving it a go?

Godz Illa

Coach
Certain elements within Parra have been courting Sterlo for years and he keeps knocking them back - and why not? He's the most respected commentator and media figure in rugby league and the lifestyle his job affords him is extremely comfortable. He'd be crazy to leave such a utopian existence for one as hellish as coach of Parramatta.

Latest posts