What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

bellyache

Bench
If someone had an idea to name the team "West Coast Terrorists" there would be outrage, because Terrorists are evil people. As are pirates. In my mind there is no difference between a Pirate and a Terrorist.

As for idiots bringing up rabbits being a pest. We're not the Rabbits. We're the Rabbitohs. People that caught and killed rabbits.

The equivalent would be calling them the "West Coast US Navy Seals".

Look, I'm not trolling. Personally I don't care what they call themselves. But if some suburban mum in WA is on the fence about getting her son in a sport she might think twice about covering her kid in Pirates gear and might go with the Glory or Force or Eagles or Dockers.
Would that be the Rabbit proof fence?

Stagger Lee

Bench
Look, I'm not trolling. Personally I don't care what they call themselves. But if some suburban mum in WA is on the fence about getting her son in a sport she might think twice about covering her kid in Pirates gear and might go with the Glory or Force or Eagles or Dockers.

This thread is getting better with every Bunnyliar post :thumb

adamkungl

Immortal

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking

Docking
The act of placing the head of ones penis inside the foreskin of another's penis.
David and Patrick enjoyed docking immensely because of Patty's stretchy foreskin.

The Great Dane

First Grade
If someone had an idea to name the team "West Coast Terrorists" there would be outrage, because Terrorists are evil people. As are pirates. In my mind there is no difference between a Pirate and a Terrorist.

That is a very large assumption!

Firstly the type of pirate that they are using as there mascot is not a modern day pirate, but a historical pirate (in other words not a Somalian pirate but a European pirate or more famously Caribbean pirate). The historical pirates have had the chance to be romanticized, the modern day pirate has not.

Secondly pirates were/are not terrorist (there are a few exceptions of course), a terrorist uses fear to gain political power, were a pirate uses force for economical gain. There is more relation between a common thief and a pirate then there will ever be between a terrorist and a pirate.

Thirdly evil is subjective, what is evil to one person is not necessarily evil to another. For example, depending on who you ask Ned Kelly is either a hero who fought corruption and gave to the poor, or he is a murderous, bank robber and thief, who was only out for his own gain.

For reference, I do agree with you that terrorist are evil, in my opinion anybody that is willing to kill innocent people for political leverage is evil. But I also think that you should not throw around words like evil so lightly.
Smart post. You are getting a reputation of posting these type of post. I.e. making a lot of sense. Even if that reputation only stretches as far as myself.

Thank you very much for your kind words and may I also say that I find your posts to make a lot of sense also.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thanks bunniesman, haven't lol at a post on here so much in a long time. You do take stupid to a whole new level. If deliberate I applaud you, if not I pity you.

CQ Italia

Juniors
"New recruit Arlin Paki will join CQ Capras next week. Big, young, front-rower from WA #thequeenslandtelegraph"

Interesting three players will be at Capras this year that have played in the WA comp.

Tyron Cranston (think he's a CQ junior that moved over WA with his Mum and signed up here in 2012, went pretty well), than a friend of his signed a few months ago (can't find the article)

GAZF

First Grade
I posted a reworked logo last month. I forgot to include the jerseys.

1_WCP-Pri-980x532.jpg

2_WCP-Sec-980x532.jpg

3_WCP-Retro-980x532.jpg

chibimatty

Juniors
Love that black jersey, wonder if you could go with stripes instead of hoops for that one?

Last edited:

Clarke

Juniors
Would love to this jersey with the design that completely covers the jersey (i.e. no white bits)

3_WCP-Retro-980x532.jpg