What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

RedVee

First Grade
Stick with it WA. Hopefully the three games a year will grow a tad, and the juniors you produce into the NRL will prove an irresistible lure for the ARLC.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We will! Unlike Elias who has already bailed, the Pirates and warl will continue to grow the game here. Will be a lot harder without an nrl team and reality is we will only be able to get so far without one but the commitment is unwavering. I hope the Arlc give us more funding for the warl and commits to ensuring we get at least three games a year and some tests over the next few years.

Will be interesting to see if our sponsors stick with us, if not we may lose our SG Ball team which would be a travesty. I'm also concerned how the WA govt will respond, the nrl has been encouraging them to spend money on the game with the lure of a nrl team. I hope they haven't burnt some significant bridges this week.

LJC

Juniors
A five year plan aimed at adding two new clubs to the NRL seems logical!

These two clubs will most likely be the West Coast Pirates and a second Brisbane club(Brisbane/Sunshine Coast Dolphins). (Both strategically wise and making market sense!

Two more clubs: Central Caost Bears & Wellington Orcas further down the track!

I see consolidation and additional clubs.

Hopefully I am right!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Big weekend of RL action in the West coming up. In another show thatthe game is getting back on its feet the WARL GF will be televised for the first time in nearly two decades!

524321_407884982607802_936530799_n.jpg

LJC

Juniors
Impressive.
What sort of crowd will they get?
Go the Fremantle Roosters!
And hang in there you West Coast Pirates!I just hope the ARLC appoint a CEO that has knowledge and appreciatioon of our game.

I am very concerned that they seem to be looking at an "AFL" administrator. They have no feel or shining to our game.

In fact an AFL administrator was CEO of the A league(soccer) for the past 5 years and made decisions that directly impacted against the NRL through scheduling games against the NRL finals series. This administrator will now be replaced by David Gallop-a very wise move for soccer!

It proved to be a disaster for soccer but the underpinning logic of indirectly opposing the code of rugby league was there for all to see! I support both soccer and RL and noticed this underhanded tactic just a few season s ago.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Laid up following a knee op so couldn't get to it. At nib it normally draws around 2000 but had to be held at a WARL ground due to nib redevelopment. Would imagine around 1000 but guessing.

It will be shown on a local channel next weekend but I think you can watch it on internet:

http://wtvperth.com.au/

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
The sunday paper had the crowd at 2700, There were at least that many, i was there from about 9 in the morning and it was a big day and a bigger night

Myles Stedman

Juniors
Please, for the love of league, never put a franchise in WA or SA. Niether state could care less about league. Both are AFL states and both teams would fail. Would honestly be an embarrasing prospect. Stick to the eastern side of Australia

Please, for the love of league, never put a franchise in WA or SA. Niether state could care less about league. Both are AFL states and both teams would fail. Would honestly be an embarrasing prospect. Stick to the eastern side of Australia

We need a Western Australian franchise to grow the game outside our eastern borders. They present a new time slot, new grass roots with proper funding of their junior systems, new audiences and fans. They also present a new place for players who want to get away from the spotlight that come with Sydney or Brisbane when talking rugby league. It needs to happen. And like all bids, they should at least get a chance, an opportunity to put their bid to the ARLC.

Panfas

Juniors

That's a good one, really made me laugh:lol:

In seriousness, you obviously have no grasp on what the people of western Australia want. I'm sure the almost 3k fans that attended the WARL GF would have something to say.

WA have been making great progress over the last 5 years and are the logical choice for a new team. And for what it's worth the club would probably run at a profit from year one without extra handouts from the ARLC, something those spastics at GWS don't know about

So kindly STFU or provide us some evidence that it would fail because your baseless statements just make you look like a tool