What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Why the hell would we volunteer to have 3 of our home games at Lang Park from 25 to 27? We had a 'home' game there this year. This should mean over the next 3 years, 2 of our away games should be played there. Now that that's locked we'll probably play QLD teams just to make it a really authentic home ground experience.

This is the first thing Richo has done that's just f**king stupid. Unless there's some financial reason, but that isn't mentioned.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Why the hell would we volunteer to have 3 of our home games at Lang Park from 25 to 27? We had a 'home' game there this year. This should mean over the next 3 years, 2 of our away games should be played there. Now that that's locked we'll probably play QLD teams just to make it a really authentic home ground experience.

This is the first thing Richo has done that's just f**king stupid. Unless there's some financial reason, but that isn't mentioned.
Simple reason. Money

can’t remember the details but teams that give up the home game make bank at magic round.

makes me slightly concerned on how bad our finances are that Richo is so keen to whore us out but to be honest we have been a whore for the whole club’s existence

Simple reason. Money

can’t remember the details but teams that give up the home game make bank at magic round.

makes me slightly concerned on how bad our finances are that Richo is so keen to whore us out but to be honest we have been a whore for the whole club’s existence
According to Richo and the NRL we are the only team not making a profit.

Tiger05

First Grade
Sione Fainu needs to be resigned. Sezer has a mutual option so he'll be here but it's a waste of a spot. He has been good though and deserves a cup contract.

Alaimalo hasn't been bad but he'll never be a gun winger.

Stef to me isn't worth the money. I like him as a player and the fact he is a big middle forward who can have an impact is a massive plus but I think we have guys that do the job for significantly less money and that money should be spent elsewhere.

Faataape on a development contract is a good deal for us. He probably deserves a top 30 contract as a squad player.

Tigerm

First Grade
Sione Fainu needs to be resigned. Sezer has a mutual option so he'll be here but it's a waste of a spot. He has been good though and deserves a cup contract.

Alaimalo hasn't been bad but he'll never be a gun winger.

Stef to me isn't worth the money. I like him as a player and the fact he is a big middle forward who can have an impact is a massive plus but I think we have guys that do the job for significantly less money and that money should be spent elsewhere.

Faataape on a development contract is a good deal for us. He probably deserves a top 30 contract as a squad player.
I’m hoping Sezer stays, as we do need another quality 7, if Luai plays SOO?
Agree with Si Fainu signing.
Faataape isn’t costing the earth, but not that fussed on the rest.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Can anyone put their finger on the problem with the club?
We’ve been shit for over a decade.
The board has changed a few times, so it can’t be that.
The coaches have changed a few times, so it can’t be that.
The players have changed a few times, so it can’t be that.
The facilities have been upgraded, so it can’t be that.

We just can’t seem to move past the bottom, some of our recruitment has ended up very ordinary, we have had some very ordinary coaches, I thought we punted Madge a season too early, players at this level shouldn’t need a lot of coaching to play, but we have just sucked for so long, it’s baffling.

I do see some light, with the kids coming through, but they may take a while to come to fruition:(

Tiger05

First Grade
It's just years of poor decisions being made plus having some disadvantages namely that we don't have the money to throw under the table.

They have to tighten up recruitment and retention.

Can anyone put their finger on the problem with the club?
We’ve been shit for over a decade.
The board has changed a few times, so it can’t be that.
The coaches have changed a few times, so it can’t be that.
The players have changed a few times, so it can’t be that.
The facilities have been upgraded, so it can’t be that.

We just can’t seem to move past the bottom, some of our recruitment has ended up very ordinary, we have had some very ordinary coaches, I thought we punted Madge a season too early, players at this level shouldn’t need a lot of coaching to play, but we have just sucked for so long, it’s baffling.

I do see some light, with the kids coming through, but they may take a while to come to fruition:(
The next couple of years are going to be crucial and if we don't get it right we'll be a feeder club to the NRL elite forever. I don't think anyone would disagree that we aren't one already.

On the positives we have Richo, who has fixed problem clubs like ours before. Most notably Souths who were in just as bad a shape as we are, if not worse. Although they've only won one comp they are contending for the top 4 most years, and are able to recruit top name talent at under market value in a lot of cases. He also turned them around from being almost insolvent, to a profitable club. We have the right guy there.

The other one is Luai coming next year. He sounds extremely motivated to step out Cleary's shadow and based on what he has done this year at Penrith I think we have our man. The guy oozes confidence and I believe that behind closed doors he's backing himself and has the belief that he's just as good, if not better than Cleary. The bad news is he's coming to a club where the forward back routinely gets belted. Actually check that. Annihilated.

We have some good young talent coming through the ranks. The pathways and recruitment seems to be improving. The hard part is to keep them motivated and actually at the club during the hard times. They also need to shut up and let their footy do the talking.

Everything else about the club is a dumpster fire. I can identify a couple of problems, which I've done in the past, but we have little to no control over them. They've been caused by the way the NRL manage the competition.

As far as our play on the field goes, Gould said last night everything we do, the timing is slightly off. As I kept watching the game this proved to be true. I have no idea what the answer is and was at the bar thinking on what he said so didn't hear the answer. If there was one.

Tigerm

First Grade

"I think that's a real issue for some of their senior players who just aren't turning up and putting their best foot forward and playing as good as they possibly should be and on the money they're on I think it's crazy, I don't think it's good enough for first graders.
--------------------
Not only us saying it.

Tiger05

First Grade

"I think that's a real issue for some of their senior players who just aren't turning up and putting their best foot forward and playing as good as they possibly should be and on the money they're on I think it's crazy, I don't think it's good enough for first graders.
--------------------
Not only us saying it.

Who specifically is he talking about ? I mean it's easy to say it with a broad brush.

Sezer was crap and he is a senior player but he is also not getting paid big bucks. Api would be on good dollars but I can't blame him. Bula ? I don't see him as the problem. Doueihi - if he isn't on big dollars he isn't the issue. I can only think of Stef, Klemmer, Bateman, Jayden Sullivan and Papalli. Papalli is gone next year. Stef might be on his way as well.

Nutz

Bench
Who specifically is he talking about ? I mean it's easy to say it with a broad brush.

Sezer was crap and he is a senior player but he is also not getting paid big bucks. Api would be on good dollars but I can't blame him. Bula ? I don't see him as the problem. Doueihi - if he isn't on big dollars he isn't the issue. I can only think of Stef, Klemmer, Bateman, Jayden Sullivan and Papalli. Papalli is gone next year. Stef might be on his way as well.
He can't name and shame certain players but he was eluding to certain players not playing to the size of their pay packet.
Klemmer looking like Monty Burns every game, Stef gets his nose broken early and goes walk about (he's a prop for God sake, it's part of the job, get on with it) and Bateman who is too light to act as an enforcer. He can't do much else so he's resorting to the tough stuff which isn't working. All he achieves is penalties or sin bins.
All said and done though, Benji needs to work on cohesion. If the team can play cohesive footy, they will give away less penalties, do less tackling and score more tries.
Cohesion can start from the first pass...service from scrums and dummy half are hardly ever out in front of a player to run onto, instead the first receiver has to baulk and it has a flow on effect.
Secondly we need to play some basic stuff...4 up the middle and edges followed by a high long kick to the corners with a great kick and chase.
There you go Benji, flog the team with those suggestions.