What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Tiger Ted

Bench
I cannot believe the club lets Bateman return home because he misses his family,

but is happy to have him back for the next 2 seasons - I guess he won't miss them again !

He's playing under Burgess for the rest of the season, when Burgess returns to Sydney, what are the chances Bateman also turns up at Maroubra?
There has to be more to this.I will b surprised if he returns to OZ & b more surprised if Richos trip to uk wasn’t a very successful one

I'd say they offered him a release where his entire contract is voided but he's wanted some money paid out. We haven't wanted to do this obviously.

The resulting trip home I think is a ploy to get him back amongst family and friends and when the time comes to front up for training in November he'll say no thanks.

I hope it's this, as anything else makes no sense at all.

Tigerm

First Grade

‘There’s been a blow-up’: Benji blue behind Bateman’s abrupt departure as axe lingered​

“He let Benji know in no uncertain terms that he thinks Benji treats the senior players as though they’re rookies and he treats the rookies as though they’re senior players.
———————
Perhaps they should play like senior players then.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I'd say they offered him a release where his entire contract is voided but he's wanted some money paid out. We haven't wanted to do this obviously.

The resulting trip home I think is a ploy to get him back amongst family and friends and when the time comes to front up for training in November he'll say no thanks.

I hope it's this, as anything else makes no sense at all.
No club would let go of a player they truly want to play for another club. The only instance I've seen where a club genuinely wanted to keep a player but loaned him was Harry Grant.....but there were some pretty unique circumstances of incredible hooking depth at the Storm at the time. I understand why they did it.

This move is to basically put Bateman at the shop front window for ESL clubs to hopefully buy.

Tiger05

First Grade

‘There’s been a blow-up’: Benji blue behind Bateman’s abrupt departure as axe lingered​

“He let Benji know in no uncertain terms that he thinks Benji treats the senior players as though they’re rookies and he treats the rookies as though they’re senior players.
———————

I love how this article doesn't mention Stefano as one of our better players but mentions Pole. In some ways I want Stefano of our books. Bateman definitely should be off our books. I hope he doesn't come back.

WA Tiger

Bench

———————
One eyed Tellis talking shit again..
Let’s have more of that Benji